DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Silver Member

Default Pedal question. DW 9002, or Pearl Demon?

I'm sorry to add another double bass drum question to the forum.
However I'm going too.
I know go with which one feels better, I just want to know who likes which one better and why?
I'm looking into either one of them in the near future and will try them both, but just curious about thoughts on both, it's a large purchase.
Thanks!!
Old 10-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pedal question. DW 9002, or Pearl Demon?

I went on a pedal quest several months ago.....tried 'em all (save for Axis or Trick as they're as rare as hens teeth where I live....couldn't find the direct Yammies either).

I liked the DW9000's, no doubt, but I liked the DD's more....even more again when I'd had a play around with the settings on them....and even more again when he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Game over. I'd never played a longboard before and the last direct pedal I'd played was a Speed King.......I could be a direct/longboard convert for life I reckon. The only thing I didn't like was the Gucci beaters....a little too light for my taste, so i slapped some quad beaters on 'em and much prefer the feel of a little more weight higher up on the pedal.

As cliched as it sounds......try BEFORE you buy. They ARE NOT the same pedal.....despite posts to the contrary....as light as the DW's feel (compared with the 5000's....I still thought they were a little on the heavy side), the simple fact is that I don't think a chain driven pedal feels like a direct pedal at all. Directs do have a unique feel to them and they are obviously not for everyone. I like 'em, but you're not me.......a fact for which you should be eternally greatful. :-)

Take your time and try everything is my best suggestion.

Last edited by Pocket-full-of-gold; 10-14-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Pedal question. DW 9002, or Pearl Demon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
I went on a pedal quest several months ago.....tried 'em all (save for Axis or Trick as they're as rare as hens teeth where I live....couldn't find the direct Yammies either).

I liked the DW9000's, no doubt, but I liked the DD's more....even more again when I'd had a play around with the settings on them....and even more again when he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Game over. I'd never played a longboard before and the last direct pedal I'd played was a Speed King.......I could be a direct/longboard convert for life I reckon. The only thing I didn't like was the Gucci beaters....a little too light for my taste, so i slapped some quad beaters on 'em and much prefer the feel of a little more weight higher up on the pedal.

As cliched as it sounds......try BEFORE you buy. They ARE NOT the same pedal.....despite posts to the contrary....as light as the DW's feel (compared with the 5000's....I still thought they were a little on the heavy side), the simple fact is that I don't think a chain driven pedal feels like a direct pedal at all. Directs do have a unique feel to them and they are obviously not for everyone. I like 'em, but you're not me.......a fact for which you should be eternally greatful. :-)

Take your time and try everything is my best suggestion.
Thanks for your insight, very helpful.