DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 10-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Default Hi-Velocity Aquarian Snare Batter

So I ordered this batter to match my incomming Onyx EVANS tom heads. If anyone has this snare batter let me know how it is. I've read nothing but great reviews. However the image is tough to interpret. You can't tell if its a plasticy-glossy texture. Or a rough-matte texture. Im hopeing matte (that's the onyx heads, so match would rock.) Could someone post a clear picture of it so I could see for myself, perhaps angled to see if there's a reflection(glossy) or not(matte). Also, any reviews would be nice too :] thanks.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Hi-Velocity Aquarian Snare Batter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfraz1994 View Post
So I ordered this batter to match my incomming Onyx EVANS tom heads. If anyone has this snare batter let me know how it is. I've read nothing but great reviews. However the image is tough to interpret. You can't tell if its a plasticy-glossy texture. Or a rough-matte texture. Im hopeing matte (that's the onyx heads, so match would rock.) Could someone post a clear picture of it so I could see for myself, perhaps angled to see if there's a reflection(glossy) or not(matte). Also, any reviews would be nice too :] thanks.
no picture for you, Its rough-matte texture, very rough and not plasticy-glossy.

The texture is good enough to sand wood with!!! if its the VEL-14BK part number.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:56 PM

The description of these has me intrigued, two super thin 2.7mil ply's with a power dot...

So essentially it's still thinner than a typical medium 1 ply head, but supposedly super rugged, with all of the the great marketing 'buzzwords' that a snare head needs.

So has anyone been using one lately that can give me a review or comparison to other more common heads?
Old 05-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Gold Member

I believe the "2.7 mil" film is a misprint. Elsewhere on Aquarian's site the Hi Velocity is listed as having two 7 mil plies.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:38 PM

I kind of suspected that. Bummer, doesn't look like it's the one for me then.

EDIT: Yep, it looks like they took (2 7mil) from Aquarian and changed it to (2.7mil) for most of the vendors descriptions.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Gold Member

I used these on and off. It's like an Emperor with a larger dot on it.

I was having Aquarian make me a head just like this for a long time. They just stuck a dot on a Response 2 for me, then they came out with this head that's the exact same thing with a much larger dot. It's one of the most durable heads out there.