DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 PM

Default Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute

Thought i'd post some pictures of my yammies, since there so few posts on yamaha drums i wanted to change that adding mine.

Specs are: Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute's 2009 with the absolute lugg not the claw hook.
Finish is Cherry Red Fade or something like that can't remember what they called it.

Size's: 10x8", 12x9", 14x13", 16x15" 22x18" -virgin kick.
Snares in the picture are: Tama Brass 14x6,5" dunno what year it is, And a Pearl #4142 steel snare chrome 14x5,5" or 5" with built-in muffler, mid 70's? what i belive is the model Steward Copeland based his signature tama snare on.

Cymbals: 14,17,18" crashes all Meinl Byzance thin and medium thin regulars. with the addition of the 8" splash. Ride in the picture A Custom 20", Hihat Paiste 2002 14".
Heads: All evans, snares are G1 & G2 on batter and 300 hazy on reso, Toms all ec2 clear on batter and resonance on reso :)
Kick Emad, with the stock yamaha ported.

Might have left something out. Any questions just ask =)
Old 10-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byzance View Post
Thought i'd post some pictures of my yammies, since there so few posts on yamaha drums i wanted to change that adding mine.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...t=yamaha+drums

welcome. sweet kit. The yamaha drum thread is a monster thread.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Platinum Member

Beautiful set you've got there. Yamahas with virgin kick drums are just downright sexy. Do you have any recordings we could listen to? My school just got a brand new stage custom birch, which sounds gorgeous, so I'd love to hear your MCAs.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasz View Post
Beautiful set you've got there. Yamahas with virgin kick drums are just downright sexy. Do you have any recordings we could listen to? My school just got a brand new stage custom birch, which sounds gorgeous, so I'd love to hear your MCAs.
Sorry took me some time to record you a short clip, i'we been away on work and just haven't been able to get to it.

To do this two clips justice take it as they are a small demo of the drums, they are recored in a rather small room 7m x 4,5m x 2,40m.
Also the drums havent been properly tuned in awhile but perhaps thats a good thing. You all get the idea of how they sound in everyday use, not tuning em to perfection for a studio recording or similar.
So please listen to this in stereoheadphones or good speakers! not laptop speakers or similar =)

Equipment used: 2x Rode NT5(overhead), Shure sm57(snare), Beyerdynamic Opus88(Toms & Floor toms), Shure Beta52a(kick).
This was all wired in to a Presonus Firestudio Tube. And recorded on my Mac with Logic 9 pro.

Clip #1 has no effects what so ever to the take but some reverb on the snare and overheads.
Clip #2 has some reverb added to the toms. and the same settings on OH and snare as previous.

So please enjoy and have a listen to what the drums sound like, and I'm displaying sound not my chopps.
/cheers
Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Silver Member

They look and sound fantastic! I listened to both clips, and you really don't need any reverb on the toms. They have such nice sustain without any help. I'm not a huge fan of the ec2 heads (had a bad experience with them on a set of DW's), but they sound excellent on those Yammies! Nice job playing and mixing too!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Silver Member

Those drums sound unbelievable! I would really like to see some pictures with a little more light in them. I can't really see the finish.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Silver Member

Wow, congrats, beautiful kit you've got there. Also the room looks very nice!