DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 AM

Default SPD-S trigger ran separate output

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum but it seems like there's a lot of people that know their stuff on here. I don't know if this question was answered on here yet but any help is greatly appreciated.

I picked up an SPD-S a while back. I play in a cover band so I use it to duplicate sounds and beats in songs. I run 2 kick triggers through it. One is an accoustic trigger which is a constant sound, the other is a pad which I program 808s, bass drops, and other sounds I need to play when my hand's aren't free

Sound guys are always asking if I can run the triggers on a separate output from the rest of the samples so they can better control them. I tried panning samples to the left and triggers to the right and triggers to the left and samples to the right. I keep getting a weak signal out of the RIGHT output. The left output holds a strong signal but the right is always weaker. I used a mono cable and an XLR with a stereo adapter and both give the same outcome. Can you run 2 separate channels or are sound guys going to hate me forever?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: SPD-S trigger ran separate output

The SPD-S does have some bleed between channels, unfortunately. We have the same issue, where we have a click track running in the left channel and a sample running in the right. Obviously, the right channel is the only one going to the front of house, but it does have a tiny bit of click track bleed in it. We get around it by manipulating the volume of the click track, but the problem definitely does exist.

So I'm afraid the sound guys just might hate you forever. Sorry dude.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM

It's not a bleed problem. I want to get a stronger signal out of my RIGHT output jack so I can run 2 separate mono channels to the soundboard. The RIGHT output jack gives a weak signal through the XLR and the mono cable
Old 09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member

Oh, I probably misunderstood you then, my bad :-)

In that case, I don't really know. I don't have any problems with different signal strengths on the left and right outputs on my SPD-S...
Old 09-22-2010, 10:14 AM

It's all good man. The only way past the bleed through with a click track is to use a separate metronome. However, my one buddy is a computer genius and figured out how to run the standard SPD-S click through the headphone jack only. I'll talk to him and hopefully be able to clear up everyone's click track bleed problems.