DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 02-13-2009, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Tomas Haake

I'm also a huge fan of Meshuggah. Especially ObZen and Nothing. The re-issue of nothing I enjoy a bit more because it sounds more full with the 8 string guitars.

I have admire Tomas for his interdependence as well as his mastery at programming those same beats via computer. And anyone that can pull of the double bass in the track Bleed deserves a purple heart.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:40 PM

Tomas is also a student and reveres the players who paved the way for him. Def. a fantastic player.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Pioneer Member

lol, haven't been on this forum in years, and this will seem random as hell, but I would like to retract the stupid comments I made years ago when I used to post on this forum, I've grown to appreciate the meshuggah stuff I was criticizing back then. Still gets to be a bit too much of the same thing sometimes, but they do it well and it sounds awesome. Also, any drummer that can survive playing Bleed deserves a ton of credit
Old 03-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Tomas is a great drummer. I admit I dont listen to meshuggah very often but its great. I was able to meet him and get his autograph while he was in town on tour. Very kind guy and enjoys answering questions.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Man I love this guy Haake. For the type of music Meshuggah play he really can pick the flavor. I love the way he uses certain ghost notes in Sublevels. I guess my favourite work is on Spasm (nothing album) and Electric Red (Obzen album)... Though i must admit I cannot listen to their music more than 20 mins... its too unemotional, so i put on my art blakey and frank sinatra cds after that hehehe
Old 08-14-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarrior View Post
Man I love this guy Haake. For the type of music Meshuggah play he really can pick the flavor. I love the way he uses certain ghost notes in Sublevels. I guess my favourite work is on Spasm (nothing album) and Electric Red (Obzen album)... Though i must admit I cannot listen to their music more than 20 mins... its too unemotional, so i put on my art blakey and frank sinatra cds after that hehehe
I listen to 10000 days after. He is not human...
Old 10-16-2009, 01:01 PM

anyone know when Haake switched to the Trick Pro 1V pedal? I thought he used Axis? Not sure on his new setup either... what's with the 14 x 14 tom in the position of his smallest rack tom then 12, 15 and 18" toms? Guess he downsized cos of irritatingly long setup times?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:01 PM

changed the way I drum, I take a lot onboard from this guy. Hence why I'm a metal drummer with groove. Seriously the best metal drummer at the moment. Godlike

www.youtube.com/dreamopeth

Enjoy the sick musak!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:58 PM

Tomas is incredible, he can groove and feel anything. Even if it's in 23/16 against 4/4...
Old 01-24-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsimms View Post
Tomas is incredible, he can groove and feel anything. Even if it's in 23/16 against 4/4...
Yeah theres no other drummer out there that could replace him. A big inspiration for me, hence converting me quickly from Tama drums to Sonor. With a little help from Mr Harrison to. Kind of annoying that ive met all the other guys except him.

www.youtube.com/dreamopeth

Enjoy the sick musak!