DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-15-2010, 08:28 AM

Default Ludwig/Rogers stands.

G,day from Cowes Victoria Australia! :).I,m relatively new to this&cymbal&drum forums in genral!.I,d like some advice please blokes(fellas/guys) preferably from those who have either used or sold above brand(or eqivalent to) stands.What i,m after/looking/searching/seeking is: What,s the CLOSET in style &type in current/recent/new Ludwig(or other American made only!) stands to the old Ludwig Atlas snare stands&Rogers svivo-matic straight cymbal&hi-hat stands?.What are your recommendations?
Ta mates! :)
Ado.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:28 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Ludwig/Rogers stands.

Welcome to the forum! I think Tama Stagemasters would do it for ya'. They come in two flavors: single- and double-braced. So you would definitely go for the single-braced. I've been using the same Stagemaster single-braced hi-hat stand now for about 5 years and it has yet to let me down.

Yamaha and Pearl both make single-braced hardware as well, just make sure your straight cymbal stand has 3 sections. Some of the budget stuff out there only give you 2 section straight cymbal stands, and this could be a drag when you have to pack it up and take it somewhere.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum!

Out of "US companies"--

Ludwig's LC726CS
It's a little beefier than the Atlas, and double braced, but the tubing is a bit smaller than the Modular stands. There is a modular single brace stand, but the tubing is a lot bigger diam. than what the Atlas was.

DW 7710 straight stands.
These have memory locks which the Atlas stands didn't, but are single braced (& very sturdy).

I have a friend that has that particular Ludwig stand and it's really nice.
I own several of the DW 7710 stands and I love them....but, I could also shout "bring back the Atlas stands!".
Old 09-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzodownunder View Post
....new Ludwig(or other American made only!) stands to the old Ludwig Atlas snare stands&Rogers svivo-matic straight cymbal&hi-hat stands?
800 series (single braced) hardware would be closest to replicating Atlas hardware.