DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 09-11-2010, 06:28 PM

Default Jstix.com

To all you drummers out there I just started doing promotion work for the company JStix http://www.jstix.com . We make an affordable stick similar to that of Hot Rod sticks. We are a local Massachusetts company and we pride ourselves on a hand made high quality product. Please visit the site for more info http://www.jstix.com.

Thanks,

Pete
Old 09-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Jstix.com

Cool, they look nice!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Administrator

They look nice but I have trouble paying 5.00 shipping for something that is only 6.00. The weight of the sticks shouldn't cause them to be 5.00 to ship.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

Well. I'll take the plunge. Pro-Mark Lightning Rods at Guitar Center run $14.99. (plus tax)
That pretty much shoots the hell out of $17, and that's just for 1 pair.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Platinum Member

So....a few days later. Bang, my Jstix arrived. I ordered (and PayPal'd) for them, on the 5th ... and they're in my mailbox on the 8th. Got no complaints there. Bruce Lee quick shipping. All the way from Massachusetts, even.
Yeah, I had to go into the local Guitar Center, the other day, so I price checked Lightnin' Rods .... I was right $14.99 + 10% sales tax $16.48 ... for 1 pair of Pro Marks.
Next to Pro Marks was Sound Percussion @ $12.99 a pair .... $14.28.
Jstix cost me $15.50, and I got 2 pair (7A and 5A)
Now ... I ain't no rocket sci-en-teeeest .... some might say I'm "dumb as a bag of hammers" .... but seems to me that 2 pairs of sticks for $15.50 is cheaper than $16.48. And even goin' with the Sound Percussion stix, it's like gettin' the second pair, for ...... $1.22. Wow.
Course, you'll all have to wait about 6 months, for the "long term" evaluation, but from what I see right now, I like.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
So....a few days later. Bang, my Jstix arrived. I ordered (and PayPal'd) for them, on the 5th ... and they're in my mailbox on the 8th. Got no complaints there. Bruce Lee quick shipping. All the way from Massachusetts, even.
Yeah, I had to go into the local Guitar Center, the other day, so I price checked Lightnin' Rods .... I was right $14.99 + 10% sales tax $16.48 ... for 1 pair of Pro Marks.
Next to Pro Marks was Sound Percussion @ $12.99 a pair .... $14.28.
Jstix cost me $15.50, and I got 2 pair (7A and 5A)
Now ... I ain't no rocket sci-en-teeeest .... some might say I'm "dumb as a bag of hammers" .... but seems to me that 2 pairs of sticks for $15.50 is cheaper than $16.48. And even goin' with the Sound Percussion stix, it's like gettin' the second pair, for ...... $1.22. Wow.
Course, you'll all have to wait about 6 months, for the "long term" evaluation, but from what I see right now, I like.
So any thoughts on these after using them a bit?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM

Well I just ordered two of the 7A's. Couldn't beat the price. I hope they have some durability.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmeister View Post
So any thoughts on these after using them a bit?
Yup ... just placed a 2nd order a few weeks ago (just before my hip surgery). 5 pairs .... of the 7A's. And they sent me an extra pair .... free. They said they were "blems" (the free pair) but I sure couldn't find anything "out of order".
I play at home, on a regular acoustic drum set, for practice. So, in order to keep the volume down a bit, these work great. The 7A's, I like the size a little better, than the 5A's, as far as their feel "in hand" compared to my regular stix. I do add a little "race tape" to the Jstix, just to firm up the shaft a bit. 1 piece about a 1/2 inch down, from the tip, and a 2nd piece, between the grip end and the "stock factory" band.
So I paid $43.74 .... they sent me a "free" pair ... so, figure that into the equation ... that's $7.29 a pair. Half the price of what I can get stix for, at my local Pasadena Guitar Center, or Pro Drum (in Hollywood) ..... so .... TWO THUMBS UP from me !!! They do everything the Pro-Mark stix do .... or the Sound Percussion .... they're made in the USA ( Massachusetts - my state of birth) .... and they give me the most "bang for my buck. What's not to like?
Old 03-19-2012, 09:25 PM

I just got a couple of sets of the 7As recently, too. I like them. They are pretty quiet onthe drums. Feel quite a bit more lightweight than my 7A Ahead sticks. A good solution for late night practicing or quieter playing.

I like them quite a bit more than the Rute 505's I've got though I think the Rutes seem more durable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
Yup ... just placed a 2nd order a few weeks ago (just before my hip surgery). 5 pairs .... of the 7A's. And they sent me an extra pair .... free. They said they were "blems" (the free pair) but I sure couldn't find anything "out of order".
I play at home, on a regular acoustic drum set, for practice. So, in order to keep the volume down a bit, these work great. The 7A's, I like the size a little better, than the 5A's, as far as their feel "in hand" compared to my regular stix. I do add a little "race tape" to the Jstix, just to firm up the shaft a bit. 1 piece about a 1/2 inch down, from the tip, and a 2nd piece, between the grip end and the "stock factory" band.
So I paid $43.74 .... they sent me a "free" pair ... so, figure that into the equation ... that's $7.29 a pair. Half the price of what I can get stix for, at my local Pasadena Guitar Center, or Pro Drum (in Hollywood) ..... so .... TWO THUMBS UP from me !!! They do everything the Pro-Mark stix do .... or the Sound Percussion .... they're made in the USA ( Massachusetts - my state of birth) .... and they give me the most "bang for my buck. What's not to like?