Abbey Road (The place, not the album)

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
So this afternoon I had the pleasure of being able to take a stroll down Abbey Road!! Seeing as I live in Canada, I'm rather far away, and so this was a big deal for me!

Anyone else here had the experience as well? Please share!

-Jonathan

Haha I will when I get home tomorrow. It was amusing to watch all the other tourists doing the same. Something tells me the locals get quite irritated by all the people looking like they're gonna cross the street only to make the driver slow down and then have the pedestrian wave them along.... oh well!

-Jonathan

Haha I will when I get home tomorrow. It was amusing to watch all the other tourists doing the same. Something tells me the locals get quite irritated by all the people looking like they're gonna cross the street only to make the driver slow down and then have the pedestrian wave them along.... oh well!

-Jonathan
Haha, yes, the locals get very pissed with it. Sometimes there's quite a traffic problem with tourists getting their photo taken on that crossing.

Should have said you were over Jonathan, might have been able to crack a few beers.

Anyhow, many moons ago, when the earth was still cooling, I did some stuff in Abbey Road studios. I knew an engineer/producer there called Mike Jarret, and visited/put some stuff down a few times. Cool place. Studio 1 is huge, & has a special feel to it. I even took my wife around the studio with Mike when passing through on our honeymoon!

So this afternoon I had the pleasure of being able to take a stroll down Abbey Road!! Seeing as I live in Canada, I'm rather far away, and so this was a big deal for me!

Many years ago, i had a contract with a building company to re-furbish/carry out the electrics a top floor flat in Abbey Road, about 100 Yards from the famous Zebra Crossing, and just down the road from the studio,s.

First day there, yes you had to do it, walk across the road in stupid fashion, but mate, it just has to be done, to say you were there, and you done the Zebra crossing thing.

Cabbies dont mind people crossing the road, but when they start doing it in a stupid fashion with camara in hand then yes, that is when they get real p@ss*d..

Back