DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 08-22-2010, 12:52 AM
Gold Member

Default Hornets to go (drumsticks)

Fellow drummers

I used hornets for about 2 years and then tried the fusions and 5As from Vater.

Just tonight I went back to my Hornets and OMG they sounded fantastic. They are so responsive. I'm a light player and the feel and rolls are so good. I'm going to have to go back to the Hornets.

Funny old world.

Davo

http://www.hornetsdrumsticks.com/index.jsp
Old 08-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hornets to go (drumsticks)

This is the first that I have ever seen of them.
They appear to be an ergonomic shaped handle stick that I want to try.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Platinum Member

My FAVORITE sticks for the last 2 years. The Canadian distributor turned me onto them and I was totally hooked right away. Fantastic sense of natural balance and a truly wonderful woody stick click sound from them on a nice thin dark/complex handmade ride cymbal for acoustic jazz work. Where a heavier front heavy stick will build up and wash out the stick on a thin ride cymbal right away the Hornets I use keep the stick click always nicely on top no matter the dynamic range in use when playing

Oh my favorites are the high quality hickory Hornets Raw 7A's...been using the blue handle 7A's a fair bit lately too. Great sticks!
Attached Images

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan
Old 08-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Platinum Member

Oh and one footnote.....

It took a good 3 months of solid playing with my first pair of 7A Raws to really start to show some serious wear and tear. That's 3 months of one pair for all sessions, reh's, rec. sessions and gigs. At that point one of the 2 had a small chip come out of a tip and the grain was starting to open up on the body of the sticks. Took them in a showed the distributor my own personal findings of the "field testing" period.

Later pairs i've recieved have stood up equally as well for the happy Hornets owner.

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 AM
audiotech

I love the feel of Hornet sticks, but for me, they don't really hold up very well. I'm not a heavy hitter at all, in fact I usually use 7A sticks and haven't broken one of them in over a year and I do a lot of rim shots. For a $12 USD set of sticks, the tips seem to chip very rapidly.As you can see, the shoulder of the sticks are hardly worn, but the tips chip for me like there is no tomorrow. I must have gone through six or seven sticks in a brief period of time and I still have a few 5As left, but after they're gone, I'm not buying them again.

My girlfriend has a good use for them after they chip.

Dennis
Old 08-22-2010, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotech View Post
I love the feel of Hornet sticks, but for me, they don't really hold up very well. I'm not a heavy hitter at all, in fact I usually use 7A sticks and haven't broken one of them in over a year and I do a lot of rim shots. For a $12 USD set of sticks, the tips seem to chip very rapidly.As you can see, the shoulder of the sticks are hardly worn, but the tips chip for me like there is no tomorrow. I must have gone through six or seven sticks in a brief period of time and I still have a few 5As left, but after they're gone, I'm not buying them again.

My girlfriend has a good use for them after they chip.

Dennis
If you've read my previous post you'll find my experience with them quite different indeed. Honestly the one's i've bought have stood up remarkably well in field use.....honest findings and i'm NOT an official endorser giving some "tainted" spin on them for the record.

Actually i've snapped a few in half at gigs but funny enough the tips have stood up the best overall with the 7A Raws made out of hickory that I use.......different batch of hickory perhaps Dennis?.......don't know.......

ISTANBUL AGOP CYMBALS
PEACE DRUMS

www.myspace.com/setstan