DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-21-2010, 03:47 AM

Default How good is the Rockband Microphone?

I've been wanting to get a microphone for my drumset (just one I don't want to go through all that crap) to get better quality sound then my JVC Everio camera. I've heard a few people on youtube say they record with a rockband microphone and their videos sound pretty good. But for under like $40 is there a better one because I found a rockband mic for like $15? Do any of you guys use the rockband mic and if so how has you experiance been with it?
Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Default Re: How good is the Rockband Microphone?

Ive used one a couple of times to record simple things to send to my other band mates. It works fairly good, its not close to being the greatest quality but it can get the job done. Now if i am recording in my room which is a 13x10 room it sounds iffy, but if i record in my basement (don't know the measurements) the quality is a bit better. I place the mic on the floor under some pillows to help the ringing from my cymbals. This method works great with an iphone as well. If you have a 4 pillows and a box, stuff them into the box and put your iphone (or other recording device) in between the pillows you get a good sound. You might want to play around with the positioning of the device. But Really a rock band mic works pretty well.