DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 AM

Default Tama Ultraviolet Sparkle Pictures Help!

Hey!
I was wondering if anybody has any Tama Starclassic Bubinga pictures in the "Ultraviolet Sparkle" color?

I've seen probably all of the one's shown on Google, and other sites etc. The lighting is very bad on them, and makes them look lighter than they really are.
So I was wondering if anyone owned or owns a pair that can share your pictures, I wanna see the real color.

Ania :)
Old 08-20-2010, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Tama Ultraviolet Sparkle Pictures Help!

Hey man, I don't have any pictures on me, but I own a Starclassic Bubinga in Ultraviolet Sparkle. I actually find that the opposite is true of many of the google image search pics. In real life, the color is just as pink as it is purple. I think many of the google pics make it look very purple. It is really a "magenta" color if you want to get specific. Not purple, and not hot pink, but a mix of the two.

It looks awesome in person though. When properly lit up it's incredible, especially if you like a flashy kit and are willing to defend yourself when people nag you about buying a "pink drumset". The gun metal hoops and claws look great, and even though its kind of a small detail, the Tama Starclassic label (not a badge) offers a nice little contrast of color.

If you go to the link below, you will see what I am talking about. It seems as though Tama may have changed the finish at some point (there is clearly a darker and a lighter version). I don't know if they did, but this site certainly indicates it as a possibility.

http://musical-instruments-and-equip...ma-bubinga-uvs

Hope that helps. If you are looking into this kit let me know. I could write you a mile long review of it!