DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-16-2010, 10:04 AM

Default Jason Bonhams DW hardware&John Bonhams hardware

I,ve contacted DW direct both here in Australia&H/O(head office) re:Jason Bonhams, DW hardware he endorsers&uses but have NEVER recieved a reply! not even from DW themselves! :(.There,s NOTHING listed/shown under his "artist" setup or his name on there website! ;(.Also is there an John Bonham 'expert" (apart from Jeff Ocheltree) who knows EXACTLY&PRECISELY what hardware(apart from his kick pedal) cymbal&hi-hat/snare stands Bonham used thru out his career?.By the way I,M NOT A BONZO "WANNABE"!.He,s my hero &inspiration! ;) &it,s for this reason why i,m seeking info not to mention i have a Ludwig Bonzo sized kit
Ta for reading&your advice&help!
Adrian.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Jason Bonhams DW hardware&John Bonhams hardware

I believe John used Ludwig hardware except for the tom mount, which he swapped out for a Rogers swiv-o-matic.....at lest in the early days.

No idea about Jason, other than he used black powder coated hardware on the O2 Arena Vistalite kit.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzodownunder View Post
I,ve contacted DW direct both here in Australia&H/O(head office) re:Jason Bonhams, DW hardware he endorsers&uses but have NEVER recieved a reply! not even from DW themselves! :(.There,s NOTHING listed/shown under his "artist" setup or his name on there website! ;(.Also is there an John Bonham 'expert" (apart from Jeff Ocheltree) who knows EXACTLY&PRECISELY what hardware(apart from his kick pedal) cymbal&hi-hat/snare stands Bonham used thru out his career?.By the way I,M NOT A BONZO "WANNABE"!.He,s my hero &inspiration! ;) &it,s for this reason why i,m seeking info not to mention i have a Ludwig Bonzo sized kit
Ta for reading&your advice&help!
Adrian.
Have you checked out this site? Lots of cool Bonzo info here...

http://www.saladrecords.com/bonhamfiles.htm
Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member

Most of the stuff I've seen have listed John's hardware as Ludwig Atlas stands (after the flat, and single braced light stands of the day), and a Rogers Hi Hat stand.

I've seen pics of him using an Atlas hat stand before the Rogers.
Apparently, that Rogers hat stand was preferred by a lot of drummers at the time.

Maple had a snare stand for the tom (just like Carmine's), then a Rogers mount (sometimes both).
A "new" reproduction of that mount is available (it's costly). It was pretty popular with other drummers too. Even my first kit had a version of that mount but the rest of it was Pearl copy!

The Vistalite had a rail consolete mount.

Stainless Steel had the Ludwig center L-rod mount, Ludwig Atlas cymbal stands, and the Rogers hat stand. There are pics of other Bonham owned kits with the Ludwig L-rod center mount.

Jason has DW 9000 series stands. The kit in his promo pics has the 9000 straight stands (except for the ride), not the straight/boom model. His pedals have been 5000's but he might use 9000 pedals, and the hat stand could be a 5000 or 9000.

Hope this helps.