DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-31-2010, 10:32 PM

Default Stageworks Bass Drum Mats

Just wanted to big up these. I was on the verge of buying Protection Racket drum mat to prevent the terminal bass drum creep I've been getting on the rehearsal room floor. After downsizing my kit I wasn't looking forward to carrying a bloody great carpet everywhere.

Thought I'd give these a go (http://www.stageworksgear.com/non-slip-pedal-mats-guitar-keyboard-drum-effect.htm). 15 quid for two. They do a fantastic job and just slip under the bass drum pedal. Problem 100% sorted and next to nothing extra to cart around. Can't recommend them highly enough - don't go out a buy a rug!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Stageworks Bass Drum Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhammond View Post
Just wanted to big up these.

Thought I'd give these a go (http://www.stageworksgear.com/non-slip-pedal-mats-guitar-keyboard-drum-effect.htm). 15 quid for two. They do a fantastic job and just slip under the bass drum pedal. Problem 100% sorted and next to nothing extra to cart around. Can't recommend them highly enough - don't go out a buy a rug!

Yeah mate, but it raises the pedal off the ground too much, could mess with your head- not being used to that extra centimeter or so of lift.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:34 AM

They are thinner than they look, more like half a centimetre - plus they are quite squashy - so true they must raise it a little bit, but not so I notice.

Worth saying I'm not connected with the company or anything - just a very satisfied customer.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhammond View Post
They are thinner than they look, more like half a centimetre - plus they are quite squashy - so true they must raise it a little bit, but not so I notice.

Worth saying I'm not connected with the company or anything - just a very satisfied customer.

Let us know in a 6 months what kinda mileage we can expect to get out of em' how they wear
Old 08-02-2010, 12:20 AM

Fair point. Will do. I don't expect them to last as long as a good quality rug, but you never know - after a couple of months of fairly active rehearsing/gigging they are so far still good as new, but I guess it is early days