DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 07-15-2010, 06:58 AM

Default Buying An Electronic Kit

[I originally put this in the "other gear" section but I thought it would fit here as well.]

Hi guys, I recently have decided that the next drum-related item I should spend my money on is an electronic drum kit. The one I like the most of those I have seen is the Roland TD-12. It is of extremely good quality and isn't 7 grand. I have a couple questions before I buy anything though.

1. Is the Roland TD-12 as good as I think it is? AKA Are there better kits for the money?

2. If I go for the TD-12, what price should I be looking for? (I need the module as well as the drums and rack system). I've been seeing the full package for around $4,000. Used I'm seeing around $3000.

Thanks guys
Old 09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Buying An Electronic Kit

I paid 1700, which is about $2600 for a used TD12.

Take your time. Mine has been well used but cared for. There are tips on the internet about problems with cymbals playing twice on a single hit and so on. But these are easily remedied.

The Yamahas are worth looking into as well. The TD12 is very sturdy and is great fun. I have downloaded loads of kits and so I barely play any of the original Roland kits.

Davo
Old 09-14-2010, 11:04 PM

I had to piece mine together one thing at a time because it was all i could afford to do. with Roland that is high dollar, but with pintech or hart its another matter all together. I went with hart and got a roland td8 head. started out with just the kick snare and hats working my way into the rest. anyway, there are things to get you going other than shelling out the $$$$$. got a good deal here. they will deal with you.

http://cymbalrack.com//electric-drum...9411287f6562db
Old 09-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Platinum Member

All the Rolands and Yamahas I've tried have been good kits. Roland's TD20 is the best e-kit I've tried - it's so good it's almost addictive but the price tag ... A$10k ... the price of a good used car!

From what I've seen in Oz shops Yammies seem to give you better bang for the buck than Rolands.