DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-15-2010, 10:01 PM

Default Tama MC61 clamp Wobbling

Hi i have a Tama MC61 multi clamp with a 13" tom attached to an old Tama cymbal stand. Ive noticed that it wobbles when i hit the tom. Does this have anything to do with the stand or the clamp?
Ive been thinking of buying a Tama HC74BWN roadpro cymbal boom stand to reduce the wobble and also because of a bigger ride that im gonna buy, but maybe i should consider getting a tom stand instead. What do you think?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tama MC61 clamp Wobbling

Make sure you have the legs angled so that one of the legs is directly under the tom. Besides that I think its going to wobble a little no matter what, esp. with a 13".

I use a "Tama HTC77W Tom/Cymbal Combo Stand" to mount my 10" tom, a 15" crash and a 10" splash (on a clamped boom arm). Works great, wobbles a little, but not so much that I worry about it falling over.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Tama MC61 clamp Wobbling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuo View Post
Make sure you have the legs angled so that one of the legs is directly under the tom. Besides that I think its going to wobble a little no matter what, esp. with a 13".

I use a "Tama HTC77W Tom/Cymbal Combo Stand" to mount my 10" tom, a 15" crash and a 10" splash (on a clamped boom arm). Works great, wobbles a little, but not so much that I worry about it falling over.
Alright thanks :) i guess iam a little picky, when i say wobble i didnt mean that the stand was near to fall over xD