DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM

Default Stand/Clamp Help?

I've been looking for possible solutions for having many cymbals without a rack or stands getting in the way.I want a crash almost out infront of me above and to the right of my hihats and I want to attach to small splashs in the vicinity (kinda like todd sucherman). I am looking for something like this http://www.ruppsdrums.com/shop/images/23770-3608_th.JPG without tom holders. I want to be able to have three cymbals on one stand. so are there stands like that or clamps that can attach 2 boom arms. I haven't had any luck.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Stand/Clamp Help?

A few years ago I consolidated stands for the kid's kit. (Don't care much for the drummer-in-a-cage look of racks.)

Everything you see here is flying off of two cymbal stands, with the exception of the little sliver of splash cymbal you see on the left:

It's all done with two heavy duty stands (Pearl 1000s), clamps, and booms.

One stand holds a ride, crash, and china; the other holds an 8" tom, a crash, a china, and a splash. Everything's memory-locked out the wazoo, so setup time is very quick.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Silver Member

mapex does make a triple cymbal stand and double cymbal stand as well as double toms with cymbal, double cymbal with tom and several other configurations. also gilbraltar, pearl, tama, mapex, and several other companies make universal clamps and cymbal arms to attach multiple cymbals to a single stand, hihat, tom arm, wherever you want them....
Old 06-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumtechdad View Post
A few years ago I consolidated stands for the kid's kit. (Don't care much for the drummer-in-a-cage look of racks.)

Everything you see here is flying off of two cymbal stands, with the exception of the little sliver of splash cymbal you see on the left:

It's all done with two heavy duty stands (Pearl 1000s), clamps, and booms.

One stand holds a ride, crash, and china; the other holds an 8" tom, a crash, a china, and a splash. Everything's memory-locked out the wazoo, so setup time is very quick.
But if you have a virgin kick and hanging floors you'll need more stands. That's why I have a rack :-).
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank0072 View Post
But if you have a virgin kick and hanging floors you'll need more stands. That's why I have a rack :-).
Good reason not to have a virgin kick. ;-)

I get your point, but if you had only two up you could still do it with two stands. And I would never hang floors. The Pearl air-suspension feet make you forget all about rim mounts for floors. With memory locks, the legs go in and perfectly set up every time. No diddling around and no bouncy drums.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member

Hey,

You can get "splash arm clamps" from a few different manufacturers with a few different variations in design. You just need to make sure that you have a sturdy cymbal stand to mount them on, and if anything is really far out from the stand that you put the center of balance of that object directly over on of the legs.

Check out the thread on my kit in my signature! V V V V V Look how I can mount a 24" ride on a clamp off of a Yamaha single-braced stand. It works great!

My kit: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44195