DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM

Default Trouble with my demon drive

Okay so I bought my new demon drive pedal in February 2010 and its now June And I already have a problem. The Hex screw that tightens the Z link shaft to the pedals it seems as though they may have stripped. And I mean on the Shaft not the screw. When I tighten the screw by hand not onto the pedal its goes in and out perfectly fine with no problems. But once I try to put it on the pedal it just tightens to a point then won't tighten anymore. I play regularly and It just happened all of a sudden. I didn't over tighten it. I use it weekly to gig. Does anybody know of a repair kit or if you can tap these or what I can do ( without sending it in to pearl?) and losing my pedal for who knows how long. Oh yea and its one on each shaft thats bad, and one on each shaft that is ok. I will be pretty PO'd if I spent that kind of money on a pedal to go bad in a few months... I was told by the trusty guys at GC that I could re tap it and if I had to go to a larger size I may have to, but I hope not. I have also heard that there might be a fix it kit. I have found no such thing. Any way any and all help is appreciated.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Trouble with my demon drive

If you bought it in Feb, then it's still under warranty. I'm not sure why you would pay to have this fixed when Pearl will replace it for free?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:10 AM
Pioneer Member

Well in my book your first call should have been to Pearl not GC. It's got warranty on it and me personally would not accept anything less then a fix from the factory. You paid for the warranty might as well use it.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
If you bought it in Feb, then it's still under warranty. I'm not sure why you would pay to have this fixed when Pearl will replace it for free?

Because the it is a limited warranty... I am 99.999 percent shure they are going to blame it on over torque. . . Warranty only covers manufacture defect.