Platinum Member

Default Re: What do you drink?

Unsweet Iced Tea by the gallon.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 PM
TFITTING942

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Yeah, the Bud gets a bad rap, dunnit? Okay, it sucks, we all know that. But it's our shitty beer! I see it like this: anyone can like a good beer, but it takes a real beer lover to like a bad beer!
To me on a super hot day there is nothing more refreshing than an ice cold Bud. I love Sam Adams Octoberfest the most but it only come out for a short time. Bud is a great beer and always will be. A lot of people refer to it as "piss water" but who cares. I also love Maker Mark Bourbon, Gosslings Rum, and my old stand by Herradurra Tequila.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:25 PM

I only drink once a week these days, and that's Wednesday's...i.e. today woo! Anyway, I usually like my cocktails, so that's a White Russian or a Cuba Libre. A hotel Bar I live down the road from does great cocktails so I usually pop in there for 1 with my G/F and relax in the sun for a few hours and listen to the traffic.
Beer wise, I usually stick to lager which is either a Brama, Estrella or Heineken.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Captain & Coke or Beer and a pitcher of ice water,the Captain or beer is gone by the second song but the pitcher usually lasts me the set and keeps me in CONTROL.Sometimes I tickle my drums & other times I beat the living crap out of them LMAO so I require fluids.

Bonzolead
Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Silver Member

I used to like a local beer, Jelen pivo, but its quality has gone way down in the last several months (as has the quality of all the other major local beers), so I tend to avoid beer nowadays. Since I'm not a fan of any of the imported beers either even if I could afford them (such as Amstel, Heineken, Beck's, Efes; not a huge choice by any means), my light drink of choice currently is spritzer made from cheap white wine and carbonated water - quite refreshing and better tasting than any of the beers available. A beer I would prefer to anything else I've had a chance to try is Platan from the Czech Republic, but sadly it's not available for purchase locally.

As far as harder liquor goes, I'm partial to a good home-distilled rakija, preferably the plum variety (also known as slivovitz).