DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 AM

Default How To Setup My DW 5000 Double Bass Pedal

Hi my name is Robert. I have a DW 5000 Double bass pedal unit. I cant seem to get it just right. You have the spring tension adjustment, beater adjustment, the weights on the front of the pedal and so on. I enjoy playing hard rock and have no problem playing the double bass but even when I get to high speed my rythem on the pedals jjust doesnt feel right. I just started working on the double stroke tech but it is like my pedals just wont let me get going. I have tried to adjust these things so many times but I cant seem to get it right.
I really could use some help and advise that will help me reach that double stroke.
If you could please be very detailed, I dont want to make a mistake and that double stroke is Hi my name is Robert. I have a DW 5000 Double bass pedal unit. I canít seem to get it just right. You have the spring tension adjustment, beater adjustment, and the weights on the front of the pedal and so on. I enjoy playing hard rock and have no problem playing the double bass but even when I get to high speed my rhythm on the pedals just doesnít feel right. I just started working on the double stroke tech but it is like my pedals just wonít let me get going. I have tried to adjust these things so many times but I canít seem to get it right.
I really could use some help and advice that will help me reach that double stroke.
If you could please be very detailed, I donít want to make a mistake and that double stroke is simply bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much................

Robert
Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: How To Setup My DW 5000 Double Bass Pedal

Is the chain drive on the sproket wheel? Or the strap if it is the strap version?

If that is the case, then the problem isn't the pedal.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: How To Setup My DW 5000 Double Bass Pedal

What weights are you talking about on the front of the pedal?

The other two parts of this equation you are leaving out.

1- How long you have truly been playing double bass

2- bass head tension has an effect on playing as well.