DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Silver Member

Default GIBRALTAR JZ CYMBAL STANDS

I'm thinking of selling my Gibraltar GRS-850DBL Rack and buying classic-type cymbal stands.

Does anyone here use the Gibraltar JZ Single Braced Stands?

I like the idea of the 'low mass' design and from the written information they seem like sturdy pro stands.

I'm also looking at the 7700 Series Elliptical Leg Stands (Gibraltar). They're dbl-braced but suppose to be a light-weight stand as well.

Unfortunately I'm not able check any of these out to make my mind up.

Thoughts?
Old 05-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: GIBRALTAR JZ CYMBAL STANDS

Gibraltar stands are real nice.
I have a whole slew of it, and a Liquid drive hat stand.
All my stuff is of the 9600 series, but all Gibraltar stuff is quality, and I never had a problem with any of it.
I've since gone to light weight stands for gigging (because I was sick of lugging a hardware case that weighed a ton!), but the Gibraltar stands are on my sons kit now (it stays at home).

I have seen the elliptical tube leg stands & the JZ series, and they are both nice.

The only thing that would be nicer is the Brake tilter on them, but if a geared tilter is fine with you, the stands themselves are quaility.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:57 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: GIBRALTAR JZ CYMBAL STANDS

Thanks for that - yes - I have a 9611dbsd pedal system and love it. I also have a whole slew of brake tilter posts that I bought for my Rack - I'm not going to sell those because I can always "Grab" them onto a sturdy Tri-Pod stand.
I think my hardware weighs more than 300lbs in the Proection Racket case. So ya - I hear you regarding not wanting to pack the 9600 Series around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
Gibraltar stands are real nice.
I have a whole slew of it, and a Liquid drive hat stand.
All my stuff is of the 9600 series, but all Gibraltar stuff is quality, and I never had a problem with any of it.
I've since gone to light weight stands for gigging (because I was sick of lugging a hardware case that weighed a ton!), but the Gibraltar stands are on my sons kit now (it stays at home).

I have seen the elliptical tube leg stands & the JZ series, and they are both nice.

The only thing that would be nicer is the Brake tilter on them, but if a geared tilter is fine with you, the stands themselves are quaility.