DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 AM
visionvsx visionvsx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 28
Default Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Hi all its my first post here. Came across a drum craft double kick. Suposidly german enginered. Has anyone used or have any info on this pedal? See link

http://www.drumcraft.com/pd_dc.html?&L=12
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-01-2012, 04:57 PM
CudleeMan CudleeMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 44
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Just because the engineer was a German doesn't mean it was a good German engineer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Richards1008's Avatar
Richards1008 Richards1008 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CudleeMan View Post
Just because the engineer was a German doesn't mean it was a good German engineer.
In the Automotive world German engineered is a negative...
__________________
- Yamaha, Evans, Zildjian, all beat by Vic Firth...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2012, 03:25 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: God's Waiting Room
Posts: 15,245
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, VW, BMW? If these are negative, I want a negative car.
__________________
Thank you for sharing my day.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2012, 12:06 PM
konaboy's Avatar
konaboy konaboy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,527
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards1008 View Post
In the Automotive world German engineered is a negative...
Based on what?

20020202
__________________
"how are you living your Dash?"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Naigewron's Avatar
Naigewron Naigewron is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 2,033
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards1008 View Post
In the Automotive world German engineered is a negative...
I've heard the opposite my entire life; German and Japanese cars are generally seen as the most reliable and well-engineered cars available.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-26-2012, 01:54 PM
blastbeatkeeper's Avatar
blastbeatkeeper blastbeatkeeper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 261
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, VW, BMW? If these are negative, I want a negative car.
+1

Does that cancel out the negative?
__________________
Ludwig Element 6 piece. Axis X pedals. Kasza cymbals. I play the crap out of my drums.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Richards1008's Avatar
Richards1008 Richards1008 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naigewron View Post
I've heard the opposite my entire life; German and Japanese cars are generally seen as the most reliable and well-engineered cars available.

Based on the fact that I have been in the Automotive industry for 6+ years and been teaching Automotive Service to Baccalaureate students for the last year and a half. I disagree... Audi, VW, and Porsche are some of the WORST cars to work on when it comes to electrical and ironically, have some of the highest failure rates for electrical circuits from tailights to ignition coils.

Mercedes regularly places extremely low on public and consumer survey's for customer satisfaction and overall reliability. I cannot speak to them being easy or difficult to service as that is one make I do not have much experience with.

To me, a well engineered vehicle does everything or most things a consumer expects from it, but is also easy to service, which saves on warranty costs for the manufacturer, and in the end makes the price lower for the consumer when that warranty inevitably runs out. Audi/VW/Porsche are some of the WORST designed vehicles I have ever worked on, and I mean that in the most honest way possible. It's often like they have an arrogance of thinking their vehicles are so good they will never need to be serviced so therefore they lack drastically in the service department.
__________________
- Yamaha, Evans, Zildjian, all beat by Vic Firth...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Fuo's Avatar
Fuo Fuo is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,684
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards1008 View Post
Based on the fact that I have been in the Automotive industry for 6+ years and been teaching Automotive Service to Baccalaureate students for the last year and a half. I disagree... Audi, VW, and Porsche are some of the WORST cars to work on when it comes to electrical and ironically, have some of the highest failure rates for electrical circuits from tailights to ignition coils.

Mercedes regularly places extremely low on public and consumer survey's for customer satisfaction and overall reliability. I cannot speak to them being easy or difficult to service as that is one make I do not have much experience with.

To me, a well engineered vehicle does everything or most things a consumer expects from it, but is also easy to service, which saves on warranty costs for the manufacturer, and in the end makes the price lower for the consumer when that warranty inevitably runs out. Audi/VW/Porsche are some of the WORST designed vehicles I have ever worked on, and I mean that in the most honest way possible. It's often like they have an arrogance of thinking their vehicles are so good they will never need to be serviced so therefore they lack drastically in the service department.

Yea I've heard that many times too, and know people who have experienced it... Unfortunate because I LOVE the way Audis (and VWs to a lesser degree) look, and would love to get one but.... don't want the headache.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Chaos_Inferno's Avatar
Chaos_Inferno Chaos_Inferno is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 607
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Well I haven't heard BMW come up and being an engineering student and surrounded by other engineers and a few people who know cars... all of them tend to vouch for Beemers.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Richards1008's Avatar
Richards1008 Richards1008 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 88
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos_Inferno View Post
Well I haven't heard BMW come up and being an engineering student and surrounded by other engineers and a few people who know cars... all of them tend to vouch for Beemers.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Because most engineers do not work on vehicles... Most engineers are the reason most technicians are frustrated...

This is not the engineers fault however... The engineers bane (as I'm sure you know) is the fact that its nearly impossible to think of all circumstances. However things like needing to remove the right front wheel, inner fender, and having to impact off the alternator pulley before barely fitting the alternator through a hole under the frame rail. Or I could just remove the passenger side drive axle... WTF?!

Sorry.. off topic... back to the pedal!
__________________
- Yamaha, Evans, Zildjian, all beat by Vic Firth...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Chaos_Inferno's Avatar
Chaos_Inferno Chaos_Inferno is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 607
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards1008 View Post
Because most engineers do not work on vehicles... Most engineers are the reason most technicians are frustrated...

This is not the engineers fault however... The engineers bane (as I'm sure you know) is the fact that its nearly impossible to think of all circumstances. However things like needing to remove the right front wheel, inner fender, and having to impact off the alternator pulley before barely fitting the alternator through a hole under the frame rail. Or I could just remove the passenger side drive axle... WTF?!

Sorry.. off topic... back to the pedal!
I'm just gonna steer (oh god, no pun intended) back off course just for a moment, we have an automotive option for our mechanical engineers (like myself) and potentially other disciplines of engineering, and you willingly do that because you love cars and probably know lots about them and work on them already. The best ones generally have this sort of stuff in mind, but I think the problem is over-engineering and making the sacrifice of ease for fixing in the hopes that it likely wouldn't fall apart to begin with and the features such a design provides are basically the lesser of two evils in most people's minds... myself included. I'd rather see over-engineered than poorer quality, but that's just my take.

You're actually not the first person I've heard talk about that sort of stuff so it clearly has a basis. I'm just curious about this pedal and why the company just touts it as German engineering... I'd like to see the stuff in action.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,153
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, VW, BMW? If these are negative, I want a negative car.
No You Don't, Trust me!
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Les Ismore's Avatar
Les Ismore Les Ismore is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 3,713
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Fun German engineering facts:

In 2004, Germany was the market leader in twenty-one out of thirty-one branches of the entire world’s engineering industry! At the time it represented a quarter of the entire world market.

Upon conducting surveys, it was found that engineers in Germany don’t just work in research and development. This area is a good place to enter, but many engineers work in production and even management.

Germany has often been dubbed a land of thinkers. This is true within the German engineering field, too. Many accomplishments can be traced to individuals who originated from here. And the intellectual accomplishments of Germans have helped to shape the world.




Not so fun German engineering facts:

Leading brands such as Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz all fared worse in WHICH? magazine's annual reliability survey than in recent times.

Less prestigious marques including the US' Ford performed better than in the past, overtaking their German rivals.

Overall, Japanese cars were found to be the most reliable in the survey of 80,000 readers, comparing 138 different models.


Poor

Mercedes-Benz slipped two categories, from best to average, in reliability, according to the survey.


No major German marques has escaped the steady decline we have noticed in recent years Which magazine spokesperson
BMW trod water in the survey, achieving a disappointing average reliability rating for the fourth consecutive year.

However, Which? readers expressed greater dissatisfaction with Volkswagen cars.

The carmaker, who manufactures leading models such as the Golf and Polo, was downgraded by Which? readers to the poor reliability category.
Attached Images
      
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-05-2014, 04:29 PM
BenJ BenJ is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? IS THIS DRUM FORUM OR WHAT?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Arky's Avatar
Arky Arky is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,052
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJ View Post
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? IS THIS DRUM FORUM OR WHAT?
Yes, this is a drum forum.

What's wrong with you? Why do you shout?

If you have something to contribute to this thread - feel free to do so. We're eager to hear your input.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
beyondbetrayal beyondbetrayal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: canada
Posts: 306
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

this is one of those threads where I can see someone posting

MURICA!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 PM
Naigewron's Avatar
Naigewron Naigewron is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 2,033
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJ View Post
WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU GUYS? IS THIS DRUM FORUM OR WHAT?
You came out of years of lurking to bump an ancient thread with that shouty post? You must really hate cars.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-06-2014, 02:27 AM
CreeplyTuna's Avatar
CreeplyTuna CreeplyTuna is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ≈ Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 646
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

I inherited a 2000 Honda Civic that wasn't well taken care of. I've been hit a few times, and turns out it's a tank! It's only accumulated minor scratches and dents, even with an underside that rusted to hell, and the other guy doesn't look nearly as good. I'm no mechanic, but I'm sticking with Honda because to me it's well engineered.


Also, Sonor. That is all.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-06-2014, 03:13 AM
MrInsanePolack's Avatar
MrInsanePolack MrInsanePolack is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 1,470
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeplyTuna View Post
I inherited a 2000 Honda Civic that wasn't well taken care of. I've been hit a few times, and turns out it's a tank! It's only accumulated minor scratches and dents, even with an underside that rusted to hell, and the other guy doesn't look nearly as good. I'm no mechanic, but I'm sticking with Honda because to me it's well engineered.


Also, Sonor. That is all.
Honda makes great cars. I had an Accord that had almost 300,000 miles. Had to constantly replace small things, but she started up and ran every time.

Sonor, Mauser, Walther, Heckler & Koch. Germans can engineer excellent products. I see no reason this pedal is bad just because it is German.
__________________
Wanted: GURU 13x7 Segmented English Ash & Ovangkol with Ovangkol Segmented Hoops
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Beam Me Up Scotty's Avatar
Beam Me Up Scotty Beam Me Up Scotty is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 576
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naigewron View Post
You came out of years of lurking to bump an ancient thread with that shouty post? You must really hate cars.
Now that's not a fair statement to make at all!

He must really hate German cars.

;)
__________________
"God is dead." - Nietzsche, 1882

"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Naigewron's Avatar
Naigewron Naigewron is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 2,033
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beam Me Up Scotty View Post
Now that's not a fair statement to make at all!

He must really hate German cars.

;)
Of course, my apologies
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Dre25's Avatar
Dre25 Dre25 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,081
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Ismore View Post
Fun German engineering facts:

In 2004, Germany was the market leader in twenty-one out of thirty-one branches of the entire world’s engineering industry! At the time it represented a quarter of the entire world market.

Upon conducting surveys, it was found that engineers in Germany don’t just work in research and development. This area is a good place to enter, but many engineers work in production and even management.

Germany has often been dubbed a land of thinkers. This is true within the German engineering field, too. Many accomplishments can be traced to individuals who originated from here. And the intellectual accomplishments of Germans have helped to shape the world.




Not so fun German engineering facts:

Leading brands such as Volkswagen and Mercedes-Benz all fared worse in WHICH? magazine's annual reliability survey than in recent times.

Less prestigious marques including the US' Ford performed better than in the past, overtaking their German rivals.

Overall, Japanese cars were found to be the most reliable in the survey of 80,000 readers, comparing 138 different models.


Poor

Mercedes-Benz slipped two categories, from best to average, in reliability, according to the survey.


No major German marques has escaped the steady decline we have noticed in recent years Which magazine spokesperson
BMW trod water in the survey, achieving a disappointing average reliability rating for the fourth consecutive year.

However, Which? readers expressed greater dissatisfaction with Volkswagen cars.

The carmaker, who manufactures leading models such as the Golf and Polo, was downgraded by Which? readers to the poor reliability category.
Maybe they decided to engineer unreliable cars because there's more money in maintenance and replacement parts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsTony? View Post
please do not take this advice for it is among the worst given
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 PM
Les Ismore's Avatar
Les Ismore Les Ismore is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Location, Location!
Posts: 3,713
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
Maybe they decided to engineer unreliable cars because there's more money in maintenance and replacement parts.
But not resale.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-06-2014, 10:48 PM
singing drums singing drums is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 27
Default Re: Drum craft 8.2 Double Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre25 View Post
Maybe they decided to engineer unreliable cars because there's more money in maintenance and replacement parts.

...indeed, it seems some manufacturers' cars perform magnificently during the 3-4 year "service-free" period, and then, promptly fall apart once the free service period ends...and because the engines/drive-trains are geared to optimum performance, the resulting stress on the parts contributes to shorter life spans...this somewhat explains the trend to lease (vs purchase) high performance luxury brands...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com