DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-13-2010, 03:57 AM
tr3v0r tr3v0r is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 109
Default My Tama Kit

Hey guys!

I'm new to Drummer World, so I figured the 1st thing I'd do was post up pictures of my kit. I've only recently moved to a place where I am allowed to play/have space to play drums. I've been playing drums in some school bands for about 4 years, and it's been less then a year since I've had my own kit. I know my cymbals are shitty (all came free with my drums set , which i bought used), but I'm slowly building up my collection + I'm only 15, so money isn't so easy to get.

My kit is a Tama Rockstar Series, which consists of a 10", 12" and a 14" tom. I also have a set of timbales, which i separated and split up among my kit. I use PDP double-bass pedals. I use 2 different snare, I have a Steel Shell Coda snare drum, and a Pearl -steel shell one. I also have a 2nd bass drum made by sound percussion that has a different tuning to it. Also i have a pearl cowbell, LP cowbell , Lp jamblock, and a LP tambourine.

Tell me what you think!

Happy Drumming
Attached Images
       
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2010, 10:11 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: My Tama Kit

I know the feeling, 15 jobless no money etc... that was pretty much EH 3 years ago. Well the best thing to do is to just practice and whenever any of your rich "friends" start dissing on you for not having a decent kit just blow them away with your skills lollz.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2010, 12:43 PM
SteveLC SteveLC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 66
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Cool...You have everything that you need to develop your skills. Learn as much as you can about the art of drumming and as you get older, you will be able to upgrade your instrument. Meanwhile, with some tweeking you can get a good sound out of your Rockstars. They are great drums!

By the way, I just got back into drumming myself and that is what I am playing on now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Bastardo's Avatar
Bastardo Bastardo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Slovenia - EU
Posts: 70
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr3v0r View Post
...I know my cymbals are shitty (all came free with my drums set , which i bought used), but I'm slowly building up my collection + I'm only 15, so money isn't so easy to get...
I went through the same storry, so I know what you're getting at ;) My first (and still present) kit is/was Pearl target series... Crappy cymbals, even crappier heads, ... But it gave more joy than I could ever explain. Back then i was a student and anything more expensive than a cup of coffee was a fortune to me. But nowdays things are changing - good job, more money, so my kit got upgraded and all I can think about is what is the next piece I'm going to buy for my baby ;)

Keep playing and don't worry about the range of your kit! If you can master your "so called shitty" kit, you'll blow the world away once you upgrade to some hi-range stuff ;)

Drum on!
__________________
I've found out the hard way: Nothing is what it seems!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
diosdude's Avatar
diosdude diosdude is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 951
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Welcome to the forum dude. I think your kit is just fine, just remember, no matter how much you have, someone else always has more and someone else would just love to have what you have! It's also not the drumkit, it's the drummer BEHIND the kit that matters. When I was 15, we had a "drum off" at school and I blew away the rich kids (who all had pro Ludwigs, Yamahas, and Pearls) with my P.O.S. off-brand beater kit.

Now, 20 years later, I've got the set of my dreams...
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44494
__________________
I don't want to work, I just want to bang on the drums all day!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
jayblazeff's Avatar
jayblazeff jayblazeff is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Akron Ohio
Posts: 223
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Reminds me of my first 2 kits, i had the worst cymbals you could possibly imagine, Camber and NuVaders. Dont worry about your equipment right now, focus on your playing and get good tecnique, you'll get better gear down the road !
__________________
Taye tour pro drums, 8" 10" 12" 14" toms, 5x14" snare, 20" kick. Evans heads, Zildjian cymbals.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2010, 05:37 PM
jayblazeff's Avatar
jayblazeff jayblazeff is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Akron Ohio
Posts: 223
Default Re: My Tama Kit

P.S. You need to show us the rest of that "America" poster in the background !
__________________
Taye tour pro drums, 8" 10" 12" 14" toms, 5x14" snare, 20" kick. Evans heads, Zildjian cymbals.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-2010, 07:55 PM
Pass.of.E.r.a.'s Avatar
Pass.of.E.r.a. Pass.of.E.r.a. is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 1,143
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
just remember, no matter how much you have, someone else always has more and someone else would just love to have what you have!
and in most cases that person that has more is you! ;)

Love the kit Trevor, excellent starting point. do you use that bass drum to the right at all, or is it just a cowbell stand?

I'm sure the giant kit will come eventually, one cymbal at a time. I think that it's actually better that way, because then you can appreciate all aspects of your kit more. It'd be pretty hard to be able to appreciate every drum on a kit like Bozzio's if you got it all at once.

-Jonathan
__________________
Come give us a listen soundcloud.com/tylordorytrio

and a like facebook.com/tylordory3
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-14-2010, 05:09 AM
tr3v0r tr3v0r is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 109
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass.of.E.r.a. View Post
and in most cases that person that has more is you! ;)

Love the kit Trevor, excellent starting point. do you use that bass drum to the right at all, or is it just a cowbell stand?

I'm sure the giant kit will come eventually, one cymbal at a time. I think that it's actually better that way, because then you can appreciate all aspects of your kit more. It'd be pretty hard to be able to appreciate every drum on a kit like Bozzio's if you got it all at once.

-Jonathan
Yes, i actually use the other bass drum, i met Peter erksine the other day, and i talked to him after the clinic, and he told me about bass drum tuning, he told me for something different, tighten it as TIGHT as you can w/o breaking it. Its so tight, it sounds like a guitar almost, i couldnt beleive it, listen to his solos, and youll see what i mean
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-14-2010, 05:10 AM
tr3v0r tr3v0r is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 109
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayblazeff View Post
P.S. You need to show us the rest of that "America" poster in the background !
Ahah!

/too short

/still short
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-14-2010, 05:12 AM
tr3v0r tr3v0r is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 109
Default Re: My Tama Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diosdude View Post
Welcome to the forum dude. I think your kit is just fine, just remember, no matter how much you have, someone else always has more and someone else would just love to have what you have! It's also not the drumkit, it's the drummer BEHIND the kit that matters. When I was 15, we had a "drum off" at school and I blew away the rich kids (who all had pro Ludwigs, Yamahas, and Pearls) with my P.O.S. off-brand beater kit.

Now, 20 years later, I've got the set of my dreams...
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44494
thanks dude, and yea im in the same boat, but im slowly building up my gear, i actually got most of my stuff on craigs list, ALL of the stuff in the pics, costs me no more then 300$
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com