EHs "matured" drum layout

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
I figured it was time for a change so i got rid of all the camo fabric. And i tell you what, that stuff was strangling these drums lolz. These things sing without it. It's also been scaled back to 4pc. Hopefully i can find some more drums for it b/c i wouldnt mind a 16" floor tom and a 10" high tom. Actually i really can't wait to hear what a 16" tom would sound like, given that even this 14" just has so much low end it's great.

18167_1198511410961_1473790586_30497925_3728936_n.jpg

i've also had to make everything higher because of the height of the high tom. When (if) i get a 10" i'll mount both on the side so i can lower it down a bit. I was thinking of getting it cut down but it's not very original, plus i quite like the sound of a nice deep tom.

Looks really great Eddie. I like the look and feel of a 4 peice drum kit, both of my kits are played in that configuration. IMO, this is the best your kit has ever looked. It looks like its very easy to get around, and alot of fun to play. Also, why do you have to have your tom so high? I just move mine more to the side of the bass drum.

Oh wait sorry, my bad.. i didnt realize it was mounted on the bass drum. A nice snare stand will do the trick, instead of altering your drum.

Oh wait sorry, my bad.. i didnt realize it was mounted on the bass drum. A nice snare stand will do the trick, instead of altering your drum.

good idea. I was thinking of doing that with the 14" drum after i mounted the 12" on a seperate stand so perhaps i might get one and use it for the 12" drum for now. Also yes i think it is quite good to play thanks.

As much as I respect your purging of the weak links as I recently have done the same, I still think you're suffering from bass-drum-facing-forward-itis. Just pretend you have a double bass kit when you set up, than everything falls into order. You can lower your rack tom (and in turn everything else), you won't be contorting to face forward, it will look better, you'll get more gigs, blah blah blah.

Here's ...some kit set up as I described.

Attachments

• 0123000857.jpg
    0123000857.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 574
  • 0123000858.jpg
    0123000858.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 585
As much as I respect your purging of the weak links as I recently have done the same, I still think you're suffering from bass-drum-facing-forward-itis. Just pretend you have a double bass kit when you set up, than everything falls into order. You can lower your rack tom (and in turn everything else), you won't be contorting to face forward, it will look better, you'll get more gigs, blah blah blah.

I agree with this. I think if you straighten out the angles of your drums and cymbals that you will play better too.

Like the look of the kit EH, especially the colour, but what's all that laundry doing in your kick drum? It's not a spin dryer! Liberate that kick EH, you know you can do it. Let it sing, overtones & all. Trust me, in a live band situation, you'll never hear the sustain, it'll just give the band more drive & the kick more volume. If you really must dampen the kick, just use an Evans Emad 1. Remove the foam ring for live work & put it in for recording.

Looks very nice and (more importantly) comfortable to play! I think you're the only person I've seen on this forum who uses CS black dot heads on toms. How do you like the sound as compared to an Emperor?

Like the look of the kit EH, especially the colour, but what's all that laundry doing in your kick drum? It's not a spin dryer! Liberate that kick EH, you know you can do it. Let it sing, overtones & all. Trust me, in a live band situation, you'll never hear the sustain, it'll just give the band more drive & the kick more volume. If you really must dampen the kick, just use an Evans Emad 1. Remove the foam ring for live work & put it in for recording.

I really don't like the feel of an empty kick drum, besides it looks like there is more than there really is, there is literally just one pillow in there. It's still quite boomy i think. Also as for this setup malarkey, the point is that i'm usually facing the side with this sort of setup, i know it doesn't look like it. As i say, the top tom is only mounted on the bass drum FOR NOW. Be patient lolz.

I really don't like the feel of an empty kick drum, besides it looks like there is more than there really is, there is literally just one pillow in there. It's still quite boomy i think. Also as for this setup malarkey, the point is that i'm usually facing the side with this sort of setup, i know it doesn't look like it. this is why i want to get the 10" tom, so i can have them mounted off to the left.

Can't you mount the tom off a cymbal stand and put it in the middle?

@Drifter in the Dark- The CS dots are kinda mellow for me. I'm going to try the black suede heads next.

Can't you mount the tom off a cymbal stand and put it in the middle?

@Drifter in the Dark- The CS dots are kinda mellow for me. I'm going to try the black suede heads next.

That's what i did before but i don't really feel like that this time because i like having the cymbal stands free for the cymbals to make stuff a bit easier to stand. Listen yeah if you really want me to do it now then fine i will but i'll have to use my throne base to hold up a cymbal, but if it'll make you happy :p

That's what i did before but i don't really feel like that this time because i like having the cymbal stands free for the cymbals to make stuff a bit easier to stand. Listen yeah if you really want me to do it now then fine i will but i'll have to use my throne base to hold up a cymbal, but if it'll make you happy :p

It would make me happy, but more importantly, I think it would make you happy. =P

I think you're the only person I've seen on this forum who uses CS black dot heads on toms. How do you like the sound as compared to an Emperor?

wrong :p

me too i also have the bass drum rotated works well for me :)

Attachments

• P2129_21-12-09.jpg
    P2129_21-12-09.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 489
  • P2017_12-01-10.jpg
    P2017_12-01-10.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 515
Some properly applied gorilla tape would fix that....

amazingly enough i actually have gorilla tape. I don't think it's going to make it amazing but it should be okay 4 now anyway. I suppose i'll have to look out for yet another cymbal stand now though. Here are a couple of pictures:

18167_1199244709293_1473790586_30499351_3684087_n.jpg

18167_1199244749294_1473790586_30499352_738364_n.jpg

18167_1199244789295_1473790586_30499353_326328_n.jpg

i hope this demonstrates the offset setup of the drums.

Back