DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-22-2009, 01:44 AM

Default E-drums help

I am currently in the market for an electronic drum set. I've read up on e-drums and it seems that the two best brands are roland and yamaha. I need an e-drums kit for practicing, band practice and maybe live gigs. I play in a technical death metal band and I need a kit that a can respond fast enough but i also want it to be good for quiter stuff like jazz and fusion. I play with axis longboards and I need a bass drum that can fit the wide span of the pedals. I would like to pay under $1000. Which brand should I go with and and what series?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:54 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: E-drums help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewk113 View Post
I am currently in the market for an electronic drum set. I've read up on e-drums and it seems that the two best brands are roland and yamaha. I need an e-drums kit for practicing, band practice and maybe live gigs. I play in a technical death metal band and I need a kit that a can respond fast enough but i also want it to be good for quiter stuff like jazz and fusion. I play with axis longboards and I need a bass drum that can fit the wide span of the pedals. I would like to pay under $1000. Which brand should I go with and and what series?
I think you'll be hard pressed to find something for under $1000 that ultimately you'll be happy with...you never know though...you might be able to find a deal on a used kit...maybe a roland td-8 or a Yamaha DTXtreme IIs..although I think for either of those kits you will probably be more in $1200-$1400 range....
If you're looking for new then look at a td-9 (non-mesh) for $1399 or a Yamaha DTXpress IV V2 for $1299...to stay somewhat close to your price threshhold...

Last edited by scorch whammin; 12-22-2009 at 04:27 PM.