DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 12-15-2009, 05:52 AM

Default Yamaha DTXTREME IIISP

Im thinking about getting this set. but I need to know if you guys have any advice on better kits out there? or if there are alot of downfalls about this kit. I know, I hate electric kits just as much as you do, I just need something for my church. So any input would be great! Thanks!
~Justin
Old 12-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Yamaha DTXTREME IIISP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumgeek93 View Post
Im thinking about getting this set. but I need to know if you guys have any advice on better kits out there? or if there are alot of downfalls about this kit. I know, I hate electric kits just as much as you do, I just need something for my church. So any input would be great! Thanks!
~Justin

The DTXtreme IIISP is a really nice e-kit...especially when you consider what they are selling it for ($2799-$2999)...this kit was $4000 dollars less than a year ago....the hex rack is IMO the finest rack you can currently buy (designed to be used with acoustic drums); the e-cymbals that come with this kit are all 3 zone and chokeable and are as good as anything currently available; the hihat pad works just like a real hihat and even changes tone (pinch effect) when you press down harder on the hihat pedal (just like a real hihat cymbal); the drum pads are all 3 zone and don't feel bad for rubber pads; the module is as good as any currently available (if not a little better than)....here's a link to an article written in DRUM magazine last year about this kit....

http://files.keyfax.com/dtx/dtx_docs...review2009.pdf

Last edited by scorch whammin; 12-20-2009 at 09:36 AM.