DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Skulmoski's Avatar
Skulmoski Skulmoski is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,301
Default African Bells

Here are my African bells:
1 Flat dundun bell (Guinea)
3 Round dundun bells (Guinea)
2 Gonkugui bells (Ghana)

Ding dong a ding a ling!

GJS
Attached Images
  
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-28-2009, 01:14 PM
konaboy's Avatar
konaboy konaboy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,536
Default Re: African Bells

Those look interesting, what kind of tone do they give?
__________________
"how are you living your Dash?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Skulmoski's Avatar
Skulmoski Skulmoski is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: African Bells

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaboy View Post
Those look interesting, what kind of tone do they give?
The tone is very rustic; very tribal. They do not have a refined sound to them but are perfect for drum circles and African tribal music. When we have rhythm circles at our place, we often put the drums aside and pick up percussion instruments and get a groove going that way. African bells can provide a very strong rhythmic foundation.

Take care

GJS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-28-2009, 05:43 PM
konaboy's Avatar
konaboy konaboy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,536
Default Re: African Bells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulmoski View Post
The tone is very rustic; very tribal. They do not have a refined sound to them but are perfect for drum circles and African tribal music. When we have rhythm circles at our place, we often put the drums aside and pick up percussion instruments and get a groove going that way. African bells can provide a very strong rhythmic foundation.

Take care

GJS
Very cool, learned something new today! Never knew about those.
__________________
"how are you living your Dash?"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Skulmoski's Avatar
Skulmoski Skulmoski is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 1,301
Default Re: African Bells

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaboy View Post
Very cool, learned something new today! Never knew about those.
Here's something else: some of the Gonkugui bells are made from scrap muffler and tail pipes!

GJS
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com