DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 11-20-2009, 03:52 AM

Default G1 to G2 switch

Alright, I have been buying G1 heads for a while now. I know for sure, my kind of head is coated, with no muffling. I went out to get heads for a kit I just picked up, and decided to go with G2's for something different, and Wow. I cannot get over the difference. I have been playing for 9 year's, all this time I wish I would have bought 2 ply coated. I just wanted to thank everyone for the usefull information on this website, thats what got it in my head to try them :)
Old 11-20-2009, 09:52 PM

Default Re: G1 to G2 switch

I just ordered coated G2's the other day to replace my clear EC2's (which i didn't mind them if you tune them correctly!). I have clear EC1's as my resos which i don't plan on replacing. I'm curious how this combo will sound though.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Default Re: G1 to G2 switch

Last year I reskinned my entire kit at the same time for the first time in years. I know you should do this regularly but I didn't. I will now. I also choose the G2 coated heads as batters and G1 clears as my reso heads. Other than my snare I always used single ply clear heads on my toms. WOW what a huge difference it was like having a new kit all over again. I also switched my snare heads out too ATTACKS terry bozzio snare package. I like it alot The only dissapointment was my bass drum head I went with a EMAD head and I wished I had stayed with my Aquarian SK II. The Emad doesn't suck or anything and I'll live with it I just prefered the Aquarian Super kick over it that's all. Re-skinning my kit was prolly the best thing I have done to my kit in quite awhile. Also switching to 2 ply coated heads was a great move on my part I'm super happy how my Mapex Mars pro series kit sounds with these great heads.