DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-09-2009, 01:40 AM

Default Yamaha Hardware rare in Canada?

Is it just me or is Yamaha hardware rare in Canada? I can't seem to find anything like Yamaha double pedals and hardware packs. More specifically, I can't find the Yamaha DCR-910 Drop Clutch anywhere, even online. Was this product discontinued? Does anyone know a good place to get Yamaha hardware in Canada? Thanks : )
Old 11-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Yamaha Hardware rare in Canada?

If you go to the Yamaha website you will see their complete line of products and there should be a list of dealers in most countries.

did the work for you.

Go to this page.
http://www.yamaha.ca/drum/dealer-loc...productId=1161 and look for this chart and fill in the drop boxes.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2009, 02:18 AM

I did that but it said there are no dealers near you... I live in Toronto, Ontario
Old 11-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Administrator

I know MusiciansFriend will ship some items to Canada, maybe check them out.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenHouse7 View Post
Is it just me or is Yamaha hardware rare in Canada? I can't seem to find anything like Yamaha double pedals and hardware packs. More specifically, I can't find the Yamaha DCR-910 Drop Clutch anywhere, even online. Was this product discontinued? Does anyone know a good place to get Yamaha hardware in Canada? Thanks : )
How are you not able to find Yamaha dealers in T.O.?? There are three stores I know of that are authorized Yammie dealers in Toronto - Just Drums, Steve's Music, and Long & McQuade. Just Drums is on Willowdale just north of Sheppard. I'm not sure exactly where Steve's is, but I'm sure it's in the downtown area. Long & McQuade has a lot of locations in and around the GTA. They all have webites too if you want to check them out. If Yamaha still makes that clutch (I thnk it's the one I have), then these stores will either have it in stock or order it for you without a problem.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I did that but it said there are no dealers near you... I live in Toronto, Ontario

I'm from TO as well and it says no dealers when I input my zip/postal code.
It's true there is scarcity among yamaha drum products in canada in general.
I've emailed questions through that site and have never received a response.
Yamaha drums and hardware are very expensive up here.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Steve's Music is a Yamaha dealer located on Queen St. between Peter/Soho St. and Spadina. Long & McQuade is a Yammie dealer just west of Ossington on Bloor (get off at Ossington Station). Just Drums is a Yamaha dealer which, as mentioned above, is on the east side of Yonge St. just south of Sheppard Station. I worked at Steve's for years and there was always a good selection of Yammie stuff on hand. Anything they don't have, they can order for you. The Yamaha Canada rep. used to come to visit on a regular basis, too. That may have changed, however.

But, the notion that Yamaha stuff is scarce in Toronto couldn't be further from the truth. Steve's always had any number of Yamaha kits on display, more in the basement, and a wide range of hardware in stock. I know the same is true of Long & McQuade. I doubt that has changed. Yamaha's website has never been great compared to many other manufacturers, and their dealers are prohibited by agreement to post prices for Yamaha gear on their store websites. Steve's store website is also not great for showing stock, and Just Drums' is even worse. Get off the internet, go in and talk to someone. If you go to Steve's ask for Jeff Zurba. He'll sort you out.

One of the reasons that many big pros play Yamaha isn't just the quality, but the availability of gear worldwide. I've travelled and toured a lot and I easily found Yamaha stuff in just about every major city I've been in incl. Toronto.

Last edited by Boomka; 11-11-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggo32 View Post
I'm from TO as well and it says no dealers when I input my zip/postal code.
Steves, Long & McQuade, Just Drums. That's a fault with Yamaha's website, not due to the nonexistence of gear or dealers.

Quote:
It's true there is scarcity among yamaha drum products in canada in general.
No, it isn't. Long & McQuade has shops in just about every "major" (very few big cities in Canada) location in Canada. In addition to the dealers in Toronto, Montreal has a Steve's location stocked to the gills. As does Ottawa. Vancouver has Long & McQuade and Tom Lee Music both dealing Yamaha stuff. If you're in the sticks - and a lot of people are in Canada - call them up and have the stuff shipped.

Quote:
I've emailed questions through that site and have never received a response.
Now, THAT I can believe. Yamaha doesn't seem to care too much about internet based business and prefer their customers to go through their dealers, mentioned above. That said, someone should have responded to you. They need to get their act together on that.

Quote:
Yamaha drums and hardware are very expensive up here.
No more than other top quality name brands.

Last edited by Boomka; 11-11-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:55 AM

The correct contacts are cmpsupport@yamaha.ca and or sbrowne@yamaha.ca