Make money online?

Njdrumma

ok so my dad lost his job and my mother has a job but its not making enough money for other things in our lives. I want to get new cymbals and a double bass pedal but they cant afford it. Any one know how i can make 500 dollars online in a week??

Re: make money online

Yeah. Sell 500.00 worth of stuff on Craigslist. If I knew how to do that I wouldn't be dragging my old butt to work at the Hospital every day.

dont u have 2 pay 2 sell stuff on ebay and craigslist if so then i cant do it

i should be endorsed now ppl dont know it but im like the next thomas pridgen or something

OK, So you need gear! I was talking to you last week. Are you 16 years old or older? If so, guess what! You can get a job! Do you have one? If you are old enough, I suggest that you start looking for one. If you are under 16, there are still ways to work odd jobs to make cash. I did it when I was under working age. I cut lawns, I cleaned cars and garages for neighbors, I baby sat! I took anything that came my way! I found ways to buy my first kit and pay for lessons.
When I was 16, I got a job in the kitchen of a large 10 story building where elderly people lived. I did odd jobs for the older folks that lived there in addition to my kitchen job. I bought my first car with the cash that I earned.
Go for it! you will find it rewarding to work for what you want!

i should be endorsed now ppl dont know it but im like the next thomas pridgen or something

No ones gonna want to represent that attitude

a few months back i applied 2 BlockBuster, Target, gamestop, dunkin dough nuts, burger king and they all said that they were not hiring at the time.

a few months back i applied 2 BlockBuster, Target, gamestop, dunkin dough nuts, burger king and they all said that they were not hiring at the time.
Keep looking, You'll find something, Don't give up! Never give up!
This time of year the United Parcel Service hires temporary help for the holiday season. Try applying there. Once you establish yourself at a job you will have references to get other jobs. You have to break through that first hurdle. It isn't easy! Nothing in life is easy! Even Thomas Pridgen had to work to find his way.

Craigslist is free by the way. Take a picture of what you are selling, upload the photo with an honest description and sit back and wait for the phone to ring.

Some students not only pay for equipment on their own, but also their lessons. There is a sense of accomplishment and self pride that comes from earning your own money. At your age, I put most of my money int education - lessons, books, etc... I always believed that I would get more for my money that way.

Jeff

Definitely look for a job! Keep applying, and go back! Don't just forget it if they don't call, go back and ask if they're hiring yet, or if they've looked at your application. It's always worked for me. If you know someone working somewhere, they may be able to help you get in. Even if it's a lousy job, it's a start. Take whatever you can get, and work hard at it.

I'm 18, and I'm on my fifth job. I've been working since I was 11, and I've never been fired, just always trying to "move up" a little. And typically had at least 2 jobs at a time. Started as a paper boy, then worked at a tree farm my friend's dad owns, then went to McDonalds when I turned 16, then Home Depot, and now full-time at Walmart Distribution, and I'm making $16.80 an hour, will be $17.30 in 2 weeks when I get a raise. Not bad for being 18. Most kids my age around here either don't work and have mommy and daddy buy all their stuff, or make minimum wage and call out once a week or something. I've worked hard and paid for all of the thousands of dollars of equipment I've had, aside from the occasional Christmas/birthday present (first acoustic guitar, talkbox, guitar strings, GC gift card).

Heck, even this week I went back over to McDonalds and I'm gonna work there again for maybe 10-12 hours a week on top of my full-time job, figured I could use some extra money for cymbals and stuff I want :)

Play to your strengths, not your weaknesses. If this is true, why are you applying to video stores and fast food places? Look for paid recording or live gigs. Get whoever's hiring you to front you just some money to rent cymbals and pedals if you really need them to perform and your gear isn't up to par.

Time to start putting (other people's) money where your mouth is.

ok so my dad lost his job and my mother has a job but its not making enough money for other things in our lives. I want to get new cymbals and a double bass pedal but they cant afford it. Any one know how i can make 500 dollars online in a week??

How about getting a job and using the money you earn to help out your folks? I mean, they've been paying for your food and rent and whatnot for the past how many years now? It just strikes me as odd that your parents are having a tough time financially, and you're concerned about not getting new drum stuff.

I don't think you'd be able to make a quick $500 in a week online, unless you're running a business that you've had for a while. Maybe you could call around to local studios and try to hook up with bands and make some money with your amazing drumming skills. Why do you need $500 in a week, anyways--what's the rush?

I've never heard of you. Should I have? What recordings have you made that I would be familiar with? If your skills are as good as you say, Why can't you make money playing drums? And thinking you are good enough to have a company use you as an endorsee is a bit far fetched. Drum companies need people who are known, that can make them money. You endorse them, they don't endorse you. You have to draw a crowd or produce something that will put their product in a good light not put you on a stage. Finish your education, bang on your old cymbals for now, and when the time comes you will be able to buy things on your own and feel good about it. But if you do find a way to make 500 in one week be sure to come back and tell us how. Do you have any YouTube recordings we can see of your skills?

We are currently in the toughest times in America since The Great Depression.
The youth of today is going to have to struggle hard to make it.
They may not be able to have those $400 foot pedals handed to them this Holiday.
Make do with what you have!
Think about the people that grew up in the 1930s from all around the world. Think about how hard that they had it. Think about how they had to live through WW II. The kids in Europe living in underground shelters waiting for the next bomb to fall. How about the kids that live in the former Soviet Union countries?
Don't your problems seem small now in comparison!

Last edited:

i am thankful for what i have, its just kind of depresing not to be able to get a decent double bass pedal and cymbals. Im holding back two bands at my school and were suppose to start playing metal stuff. I dont really wanna play stuff without double bass beacuse there is no one at school who wants to play other kinds of music that is good. But ill just wait it out and see what happens.

Keep in mind that it is equally depressing for your parents whom would love to give you everything.

I wish my only problem at 16 was not having double pedals to play Metal. Jeeze.

Back