DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Silver Member

Default Monitor

I constantly have monitor issues when I play out. I was thinking of getting my own.
Does anyone out there have any recomendations on an affordable monitor. No inner ear stuff.
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/user/slfsc
Old 10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Monitor

Meduim to larger setting I have a monitor..in small clubs say 150 people or less for the most part I don't use one..because I lower my playing volume. I normally have lots of vocal and a little bit of guitar and keys in my monitor. Never any bass(the exception maybe in outdoors or very large gigs). Denis
Old 10-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Silver Member

I use a Mackie srm450 but stage volume is not blaring. It works great for me, kick snare hihat and little toms in it works perfect.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisri View Post
Meduim to larger setting I have a monitor..in small clubs say 150 people or less for the most part I don't use one..because I lower my playing volume. I normally have lots of vocal and a little bit of guitar and keys in my monitor. Never any bass(the exception maybe in outdoors or very large gigs). Denis
Yes you would think that but a monitor can actually make you play softer because you can actually hear yourself better, you don't have to play as hard to hear kick drum for example which a lot of times gets lost among other stage volume. IMO a monitor alows you to play softer and with more dynamics. So for any size gig it is a good thing to use a monitor.
Another advantage is you can add any other instruments in the mix, for example a band member that you can not hear that well because his monitor is pointing in a different direction or is far away from you,