DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Rebel

Default Re: Cobus. Overrated?

I fully agree. This is a good perception put on writing with a strong meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richards1008 View Post
Remember music started through the passing on by ear... not by sheet music... saying you should not learn drums by ear is like saying you should never practice religion since there is no scientific proof any religious figure exists... music is a passion, not a science. Maybe this sounds hippy-ish but I have never seen a piece of sheet music and thought "Wow I'm really feelin' this groove" and then started dancing to it or felt emotion from it. Your concept of not understanding technical and music theory therefore you know nothing about music is an ad ignorantium fallacy.

I think Cobus is one drummer that knows how to groove, He is in touch with the music, he does what he likes, and does not expect anything from anyone, nor will he ever buy into something he does not believe in. I think the reason so many people don't like them is because they are either jealous of his over night success when they spent years working on technique and because he could really give a crap what people think of him and thus does his own thing. He is a personality like no other and one that I think, in this crap world alot of young people can and should look up to (As opposed to such trainwrecks as found in most of the hollywood and music industry population.)