DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-25-2009, 01:12 AM

Default Heel toe for Axis X long boards anyone?

so ive been using Iron Cobras for just about ever and learned the heel toe method on them. i found that if you loosen the spring tension on them its easier. how ever i just got my self the Axis X long boards and needless to say they are a much different feel than the Cobras. i have heard people say because they are such a light feeling pedal you are supposed to max out the spring tension to make it better for the heel toe method. i just got these bad boys a few days ago so im still getting the hang of them, any advice on how to pimp them out for heel toe?

PS please dont tell me how the heel toe method is over rated... ive heard that all before, but if you really do have advice on how to make the Axis X better for heel toe i would have much thanks.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Heel toe for Axis X long boards anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0311 View Post
but if you really do have advice on how to make the Axis X better for heel toe i would have much thanks.
1. Tighten spring tension, you need fast rebound to heel-toe.

2. Replace those X beaters, they're way too light and will give you NO power, especially on the heel strokes. Go for a set of Tama CB90s, Pearl Quad Beaters, or some Danmar wood beaters (the round kind)

3. Lower your throne a little bit if it's really high. It's a lot more difficult to get the heel-stroke if you're so high you have to reach down with the back of your foot.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:54 AM

right on man thanks for the tip ill try crankin on the springs. and yeah your right those beaters were pretty weak im using my old rubber tama beaters from my cobras.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0311 View Post
right on man thanks for the tip ill try crankin on the springs. and yeah your right those beaters were pretty weak im using my old rubber tama beaters from my cobras.
Good good, those should do fine! You just need some weight so you can get a bit of solidity out of them, rather than a little feeble tap from the X beaters hahaha