DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 12-20-2005, 03:14 PM

Default My new Sonor force 3005 - white sparkle

A couple of months back i went out and upgraded my old Remos with a spanking new Sonor Force 3005 All Maple set in the following sizes:
10", 12", 14" toms
22 x17.5" BD
14 x 5.5 snare

My choice was made after feedback from the users here at drummerworld and I promised some pictures. Thanks for the help and I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy my new all maple set up. (If you look closely you can see that I also have a Pacific 10" maple sidesnare and that I am wearing my winter boots.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Thinshells

Default Re: My new Sonor force 3005 - white sparkle

That is a totally awesome finish! I did get to see one in person a few weeks ago. Sonor Force 3005 is such an awesome product!

Not 1/4, not 1/2, not 2/3 but FULL maple. ;)

Very cool!

Ole's drum room is now called "Valhalla"
Old 12-20-2005, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Ole's drum room is now called "Valhalla"
he, he - Yeah I must say I am really satisfied with the set. It looks good and it sounds good, so now it´s really just up to the guy behind it. Tomorrow I am using the set for a studio recording session and I am really looking forward to experience how the drums perform with a new set of Evans heads in the studio. Especially the snare drum has surprised me - I own a DW collectors copper snare which I´ve used for studio work before - but the sonor snare has got a real nice sound to it - attack, warmth and the wood-snare "pop" which I quite enjoy. I think I might ditch the DW if the Sonor performs as well in a studio situation as it has done in rehearsals and live.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:30 PM
Thinshells

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLe
he, he - Yeah I must say I am really satisfied with the set. It looks good and it sounds good, so now it´s really just up to the guy behind it. Tomorrow I am using the set for a studio recording session and I am really looking forward to experience how the drums perform with a new set of Evans heads in the studio. Especially the snare drum has surprised me - I own a DW collectors copper snare which I´ve used for studio work before - but the sonor snare has got a real nice sound to it - attack, warmth and the wood-snare "pop" which I quite enjoy. I think I might ditch the DW if the Sonor performs as well in a studio situation as it has done in rehearsals and live.
My Friend has had that Dw copper snare for many years now. You'd have to pry his cold, dead hands from it. He uses it live with an evans dry-st head. It's an awesome snare.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Silver Member

That's a damn nice finish man. I love 3005's .Such a good deal for FULL MAPLE! lol.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:01 PM

Nice kit, good choice too. How do you like the Sonor base pedal? I don't think it's too shabby so far. I have been messing with the settings on mine a bit.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:35 PM
KARL MEMBER

Very nice!!! I find that the sound of sonor`s is great. I`ve played a Force 3005 in a music store...cool sound!!
I love your set up!!

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:36 PM

I'm diggin that sparkle. I'm thinking about getting a sparkle on my next kit. I bet they look great under some stage lights.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:10 AM

Quote:
How do you like the Sonor base pedal? I don't think it's too shabby so far. I have been messing with the settings on mine a bit.
I am quite happy with mine. I´ve played a Pearl pedal for almost 10 years, but switched to the Sonor after trying it out. I find it more precise and it gives a better kick - more force - than the pearl. I also find that it is better balanced. I am not a metal drummer relying on tremendous speed for the bass drum, but I think the Sonor pedal is a good alround-pedal and it seems quite solid.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:31 AM

What cymbals do you have? I can see a tasty Ufip ride there *yummie*
Old 12-21-2005, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbe
What cymbals do you have? I can see a tasty Ufip ride there *yummie*
I am a hard hitter and have a cymbal-wear problem ´cause the turnover goes beyond my budget...
My current line up is a UFIP Class series ride. Hand hammered, heavy, and with a beautiful sound. I love this ride and I´ve had it for ten years now. A Sabian AA splash which is by far the cymbal that has lasted for the longest time with my playing. I bought it back in ´88 in USA and it is still unbroken and sounds good. Somebody once told me that some of the cymbalmakers reserve the A grade goods for the American marked while they ship the B grades to Europe. I don´t know if this is true, but my splash could be a confirmation of this rumour as it has withstood a lot of bashing and not cracked.
I have a hihat which is a combination of a Sabian bottom (one of their cheaper models) and a Zildjian K top. Sounds great! I have an old Paiste 16" crash- which I think is from the 60s or early 70s. I bought it second hand in London and the seller couldn´t date it. It sounds awesome - especially for that warm, dirty sound when you "ride" on the crash. But of course - I´ve banged the hell out of it and it is now broken.
The last one in my current set up is a wuhan S-series. sounds good for the price, but is a bit too chinesy (?) to work as a regular crash.

As you see - my cymbal line-up is a bit of a mongrel. I´ve been through sabian, Zildijans, Paistes, Ufips and they all break way too fast IMO. I am now looking for a replacement for my old Paiste crash...
Old 12-21-2005, 11:56 AM
Thinshells

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLe
I am a hard hitter and have a cymbal-wear problem ´cause the turnover goes beyond my budget...
My current line up is a UFIP Class series ride. Hand hammered, heavy, and with a beautiful sound. I love this ride and I´ve had it for ten years now. A Sabian AA splash which is by far the cymbal that has lasted for the longest time with my playing. I bought it back in ´88 in USA and it is still unbroken and sounds good. Somebody once told me that some of the cymbalmakers reserve the A grade goods for the American marked while they ship the B grades to Europe. I don´t know if this is true, but my splash could be a confirmation of this rumour as it has withstood a lot of bashing and not cracked.
I have a hihat which is a combination of a Sabian bottom (one of their cheaper models) and a Zildjian K top. Sounds great! I have an old Paiste 16" crash- which I think is from the 60s or early 70s. I bought it second hand in London and the seller couldn´t date it. It sounds awesome - especially for that warm, dirty sound when you "ride" on the crash. But of course - I´ve banged the hell out of it and it is now broken.
The last one in my current set up is a wuhan S-series. sounds good for the price, but is a bit too chinesy (?) to work as a regular crash.

As you see - my cymbal line-up is a bit of a mongrel. I´ve been through sabian, Zildijans, Paistes, Ufips and they all break way too fast IMO. I am now looking for a replacement for my old Paiste crash...
UFIP are the only cymbal line that is less common, and more expensive than Paiste, or anything else. I almost fainted when I saw the price on a set of UFIP hats.

Bionic hihats: $554. OUCH!!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Pioneer Member

heyhey! nice kit you got.. how does it sound? warm? crispy?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Pioneer Member

Every time I see one of these white sparkle Sonor 3005 kits, I start to want one for myself.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:27 AM
Pioneer Member

Great set up and beautiful choice in color. The stands are the 400 series correct? I was surprised that the kits at that price came with such great hardware, including the pedal. I wish you a lot of luck, enjoy them and remember to beat the heck out of them.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:23 AM

wow.like the kit alot, nice set up you have there, i have never really liked the sparkle finish on drums..but looking at yours i could come to like it! but over all i love the kit!
Old 12-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Gold Member

How do you like the pacific side snare because i was thinking about getting one of those if they were good because they are cheap
Old 12-25-2005, 05:18 AM
mediocrefunkybeat

Simply some of the most mindblowing value. Why anybody would ever need any more than one of these kits is sometimes beyond me; If I could afford it, a Sonor 3005 or Delite would be mine. Oh yes.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:12 PM

How old is the Ufip ride? I've got one too and it's from '88 or something and it just rocks! Very cold and bright.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegadrummer
heyhey! nice kit you got.. how does it sound? warm? crispy?
thanks! I am not sure my terminology is right but I´ll give it a shot. I set them up with Evans G2 coated heads and recorded them last week and to my ears they sound full bodied, loud, with a lot of projection and sustain. At the same time they are crisp; the toms cut through the cymbals, and the bass drum has a lot of low end.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbe
How old is the Ufip ride? I've got one too and it's from '88 or something and it just rocks! Very cold and bright.
backtracking I reckon i bought mine around 94 or 95. It sounds warm and rounded and with quite a lot of "ping" as it is really heavy.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg_2010
How do you like the pacific side snare because i was thinking about getting one of those if they were good because they are cheap
I only have experience with this snare when it comes to snares in this size (10"). For the price I think it is OK, but I find it a bit limited as a snare. I would not be happy with it as my only snare. I often play it with the strands off more as a "timbale". If possible, I would recommend testing it along other snares in the same size/price range.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 PM

Awesome kit. This is the best mid price set you can get. I really love the finish.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Gold Member

beautiful! :) amazing finish :) How does the ufip ride sound? Im starting to have interest in this brand, cause they say it is GOOD
Old 08-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Nice kit, it looks comfortable to play.
I have never played ufip, but ive heard good things about them.

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 08-30-2006, 02:38 PM

i like how you covered the "evans" logo up on the front of the bass drum
Old 10-20-2006, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeq
beautiful! :) amazing finish :) How does the ufip ride sound? Im starting to have interest in this brand, cause they say it is GOOD
The Ufip ride is a great cymbal. It is very heavy and has a dry sound, but still with a lot of "ping". For the band I am currently in it is actually a bit too heavy, but for more harder music it is great. I´ve had a couple of other Ufips as well and have been satisfied with them.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:51 PM

for me it was either a 5 piece sonor 3005 or a 6 piece yamaha stage custom and i went with the stage custom. These are great drums really liked them, but i wasn't so big on the hardware compared to Yamaha or DW? how do u find it?

-Wes
Old 10-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

Nydelig finish! Sweet!
Old 10-22-2006, 05:55 PM

Elsker settet ditt mann! Den finishen var helt føkkings råå! Digger riden din, UFIP er et så sykt bra merke. Liker pacific skarpen din og, har et pacifc sett jeg. Stili sett!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:30 PM

Sonor 3005 series is a great line and your set looks good with a beautiful finish
Old 03-17-2007, 12:30 PM

excuse me if i'm blind but...where's the pics?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Gold Member

It's been like a year since this thread was accessed. The pics were likely linked off a different site, he probably just took them off that site.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 AM

Click on the link at the bottom of his first post. The link goes to his band's website. BTW, Ole, that is one sweet kit!!
Gibraltar Rack