DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:46 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

real name- Michael

age- 18

how long been playing- 10 years

origin of user name- My name plus the first letter of the last name

top 5 drummers-
- John Bonham (Led Zepplin)
- Josh Freese (Nine Inch Nails, The Vandals)
- Patrick Wilson (Weezer)
- Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters)
- Matt Cameron (Soundgarden)

make of drumkit- Ludwig

make of cymbal- Sabian and Zildjian

where do you practice- Basement

are you in a band/s- In between bands. College is in the way.

Originals- Orignal, little of cover.

what style of music- Grunge Rock, Altnernative Rock, Industrial, Indie Pop, Indie Rock, 90's emo, Pop Punk, Classic Rock, a little of Jazz, a little of Latin, funk, Hardcore, etc.

Favorite take out food- Falafel and Shawurma. Gotta stay healthy

Country- America

One really odd fact about yourself- I am a weird person but I do it for the fun of it.

how did you start drumming- It all started when I was 6, my brother put two lebanese drums called (derbaki?) and taught me how to play Queen's We Will Rock You. I started picking it up from there when I was 8 and started picking up a bunch of easy stuff. I started to face more challenges when I entered my freshmen year and challenged my ear a bit more.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:18 AM

real name? Ivonne
age? 18
how long been playing? a little than two years
origin of user name? its my name lol
top 5 drummers? Jeff Nelson (Minor Threat), Dave Mello (Operation Ivy), Jimmy Chamberlin (Smashing Pumpkins), John Bonham (Led Zeppelin), Vinnie Paul (Pantera)
make of drumkit? Pacific by DW
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? at home in the living room and at my friends garage.
are you in a band/s? Bitch Attack
covers or originals? both
what style of music? punk and rock
favourite take out food? chinese haha
country? United States
one really odd fact about yourself? ive been told im too nice, even with people who have done me wrong..
how did you start drumming? wanted to play since i was little finally got a drumset my sophmore year in high school.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Hi to everyone !

Thank you very much to all of you for welcoming me :-))) You're very kind ! Stay tuned especially on my website

http://claudiocontri.altervista.org/Claudio_Contri.html

If you want we could exchange some opinions about music and drums of course :-))
I'm completely a disposition :-)

See you soon !!!!

Claudio
Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Default Spike Webb drummer and writer

Hello there!
I have been a drummer for over 40 years - perhaps most notably (or not) in Sid Sideboard and the Chairs many years ago. I have recently collected over 70 first hand stories from
well known drummers like Nick Mason, Topper Headon, Simon Phillips, Don Powell, Woody (Madness) and many more. I've put them in a book which was published last year and is doing well. However, I hesitate to mention its name here as it could be seen as advertising which is not encouraged on these sites. It does seem competely appropriate in other ways though. Any ideas?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:06 AM

Default Evening Everyone, Mr.L is here...

Hey, my name's Mr.L, real name is Tom. I'm a 13-year old Drummer from Canada who started last March. Anywho that's enough about my boring life, here's my setup:

Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage 100% Birch Drums
10x7 Rack Tom
12x8 Rack Tom
14x14 Floor Tom
20x17 Bass Drum
Plus a Ludwig Black Magic Stainless Steel 6.5x14 Snare
All drums have Remo Coated Emps on the batter side, and Coated Ambs on the Resonant Side.

Sabian B8 20" Ride
Sabian B8 18" Crash/Ride
Sabian B8 10" Splash
PowerBeat(?) 14" Hats

So yeah, that's about it. Now, one last thing. Who are the Moderators on here?
Oh yes, one thing about me... I hate muffling pretty much EVERYTHING. Except I do put a strip of Duct Tape on my Bass Drum, but just to make it a wee bit more punchy.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 PM
TwoCables

Hi, everyone! I registered almost exactly 2 days ago now (it'll be exactly 2 days in about 4 hours hehe), and I am very pleased and very happy to be a part of this community. Actually, I'm almost emotional because DrummerWorld has a very special place in my heart because of it being what it is. So, I'm actually a little bit nervous. :)

Anyway, without further adieu, here are my answers!

real name?
Tim Hueller

age?
31 (April 26th, 1979)

how long been playing?
Somewhere between 16-18 years. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly when I started. I kinda just started without knowing that I was going to continue! But based on several memories I have, I know that I did not start any earlier than 1993, and I know that I did not start any later than 1994. So whenever I try to answer this question, I tend to calculate it by saying that I probably started either in the middle of 1993, or in the early part of 1994.

origin of user name?
I am a member of a message board called Overclock.net. When I was trying to create a user name, I looked around the room for inspiration and my eyes eventually fell upon these 2 cables that are sticking out of the little cable management hole on my desk (the very same cables in my avatar, actually). At that point, I actually said out loud, "Two cables? Hey, that's not bad!" So, I chuckled a little bit about my silly idea and the rest is history. :)

Just in case you're curious about why I have these cables: A few years ago, I had a practice space where I had 24/7 access, and so I would go up and record myself using my computer just for fun! I mean, one day I bought a little analog unpowered mixer (a Peavey PV8) along with M-AUDIO's Pulsar II Matched Pair kit and started recording random stuff right at my computer just for fun and as well as for the sake of getting used to it prior to doing any actual recording at the practice space. Plus, these mics were my first condensers, so I got a big kick out of just listening to the way they record. But I quickly found it to be inconvenient to set this up each time I wanted to play around with it (meaning, at home) because I always had a cable dangling in the way that was connected between the mixer's Tape Out and the Line-In on my sound card. So I bought the Rocketfish cables you see in my avatar and "installed" them into my desk. hehe That way, all I had to do was put my mixer on the desk, pull the cables out a little bit, plug them in, and then I was set to play around with recording random stuff. :)

But of course, the setup at the practice space made it much easier because it didn't matter where the cables were dangling!

top 5 drummers?
This seems to change for me every day, sometimes multiple times per day. But this is mainly because I'm currently watching drum videos here on DrummerWorld nearly every single day. So, it feels impossible for me to answer!

However, my #1 favorite drummer of all time is Dave Weckl (regarding the "new" Dave Weckl, after he went through his "evolution"). I just like everything about him from the way he plays to the sound of his drums and cymbals (especially his Evolution series). But I also admire him for doing his own sound which, of course, results in a very consistent sound from gig to gig, and from recording to recording.

I first got into Dave during the days of Back to Basics and The Next Step, only it was more of a casual interest. But then one day I was at the store and saw his A Natural Evolution DVD series (but I understand it was first released on VHS). So I eventually became very enthusiastic about all three videos which basically fueled a brand new (and much stronger) interest in Dave! Not long after that, I decided to buy the live Dave Weckl Band recording "LIVE (and very plugged in)". Then about a year after that, I decided to just go ahead and buy all of the Dave Weckl Band albums! I don't have very many CDs of anything really, but I love this genre quite a bit.

But other than Dave, my current favorite drummers are basically all of the guys who seem to have the greatest precision and who seem to have the greatest ease of playing (who seem to be able to play absolutely anything they want with the greatest of ease). Although, that's not to say that I feel Dave doesn't fit this description. I guess a couple of examples can be like Benny Greb, Jost Nickel, or Gergo Borlai. Or even Johnny Rabb. However, I could probably name just about every drummer who's on the Drummers page. I mean, I absolutely love them all for different reasons! Although, the metal drummers are probably my least favorites because most of them seem to play at just one dynamic level.

So anyway, I guess that's my answer. I apologize for its length!

make of drumkit?
Yamaha Stage Custom (it was made in 1997)

make of cymbal?
Zildjian and one Paiste (but I'm hoping to replace all of them with Sabian some day)

where do you practice?
At home on my practice pad. :)

are you in a band/s?
Yep! I'm currently in an amateur band called The Roadhouse Blue Band (or "Roadhouse Blue" for short). We've only been together for about 9 months since about April, but we have already played close to a dozen paying jobs! There are 4 of us, and it seems that we usually charge about $400 to $500 for a job. We figure that this is a fair price because we're not at a professional playing level, and we also don't have a great sound system (we don't even have a sub woofer).

The founder of the band actually has his own business, and so we practice in a room at his place of business any time after 6pm (after hours) at least once during the week (usually on either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday). This is the first time I've ever been without 24/7 access to my drums, so I'm still getting used to it (so that's why I practice at home on my pad). However, we don't have to pay any rent!

covers or originals?
Both, actually. But, we are basically a cover band who has a few originals.

what style of music?
It's basically a variety of danceable material. Some of it includes classic rock, country, and even blues (both somewhat old blues and somewhat new) - including the few originals we have! I love every second of it! But I think I would prefer something that's geared a little bit more towards improvisation. Although, I feel that I'm not ready for that higher level of playing yet.

favourite take out food?
McDonald's! I'm not fat yet nor am I showing any signs of possibly becoming fat, so I still love it - but I am trying to cut back because I'm not getting any younger! But when I get McDonald's, I always get 2-3 hamburgers and 1 order of three Chicken Selects. I also always get three difference sauces for the chicken: barbecue, sweet & sour, and that Deli Honey Mustard. I really am lovin' it!

But I also love White Castle just as much! When I go there, I always get 6-8 "White Castles", and then I put just a little bit of ketchup and mustard on them. I always go at roughly the same time of day too: between 12:30 and 1:45am on the weeknights, and between 2:00 am and 2:45 am on Friday and Saturday nights. It's drive-through only at that time of night, and so I prefer to go at a time when I know I won't be the only customer in line at the drive-through. I mean, I prefer to blend in instead of sticking out. So I always go when I know they're busy with the bar crowd.

country?
United States of America

one really odd fact about yourself?
Every single day, I spend like 5-10 minutes pulling on all of my eyelashes in hopes of pulling all the "dead" ones out in order to minimize the chances of getting one stuck in my eye. It works too! I also wear glasses, so I pull my glasses away from my face a little bit each time I pull. lol And when I pull, I always check between my fingers to see if I have pulled any out so that I can keep a mental day-to-day record of when the last time I pulled a few out. I mean there are days where I can't pull any out which usually means that I have to wait another day or two.

But again, this really works. I mean, it seems extremely rare for me to get an eyelash stuck in my eye these days.

how did you start drumming?
I have two siblings who are both older brothers (they're 33 and 36 years old). My oldest brother is Brian, and he has always been interested in being a drummer (he would often air drum to his music). One day back in like 1992 or 1993 (or was it 1994? lol) he came home with an old Slingerland jazz kit which he bought from a friend. I am guessing that these drums were made in the 70's because it had no bottom heads, no lugs for bottom heads, and no holes for lugs either. It also looked about that old. Minus the snare, it was a 4-piece: 10", 12", 16", and an 18" bass drum. It also came with a 20" Paiste 2002 Rock Ride, a 16" 2002 Rock Crash, and 14" 2002 Rock Hats. Of course, there was a stand for each.

To expand a little further on this set, it also came with an old 14" x 5" Ludwig Supraphonic. Except it was in terrible condition. :/ But of course, it still had a good sound! Unfortunately, it was in such bad shape that it's not really playable anymore.

Anyway, as soon as Brian brought these drums into the house, I found that it was impossible for me to stay away from them! Naturally, he protested quite a bit at first just because they were his drums; he tried things like hiding the sticks, taking the sticks with him to work and school, and even getting a little angry with me. But my parents basically told him to let me play them because it was obvious that it was impossible to keep me away from those drums!

I'm right-handed. At first, I didn't know how to play riding patterns (like constant 8th notes) with my right hand at the same time while playing a simple groove between my left hand and right foot. So, I literally played with just one stick at first. But then one day I decided to watch Brian play so that I could study the way he plays (he was relatively advanced). Then the next time I was home alone, I tried to copy his motions in regards to the way he played the hi-hat or the ride while keeping a basic rock groove between his left hand and right foot. I eventually got to the point where I could finally do it, and so that's when I realized that I am a drummer!

I'm self-taught, except I did take some basic lessons for a few months about 2-3 years after I started playing. The teacher's name was Bill (I can't remember his last name, but he was an employee at Torp's Music Center here in St. Paul). There were two main things I learned from him: one was how to count time while simultaneously playing the drums (which was a tremendous help as well as a tremendous coordination challenge), and the other was that when I attempted to play the bass drum on the last 16th note before a snare hit, I had a tendency to delay the bass drum a little bit thereby making it sound like I was playing a 16th-note triplet feel for that brief moment even though that wasn't my intention. So he recognized it and corrected me! Thanks to Bill, I am still mindful of that 16th-note thing to this day! It seems like I remember his correction every time I play such a groove! I love it, and so I am forever grateful to him for it. Of course, I am also forever grateful to him for teaching me how to count time while simultaneously playing the drums. That alone made everything easier. Not only that, but he also showed me the importance of keeping my sub-divisions even so that it was easier to avoid speeding up or slowing down during a fill, or when changing the groove.

The only other lessons I took (and take) were (and still are) obtained by watching other drummers do their thing every single chance I got (and get). This especially includes everything I learned from Dave Weckl's "A Natural Evolution" video series as well as Steve Smith's Drumset Technique /History of the U.S. Beat video, along with Jojo Mayer's Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer video. But, I only really paid attention to the hand techniques. Oh yeah, and I also attended a drum clinic put on by Dave Weckl here in St. Paul at Ellis Drum Shop! I think that was back in 2007! :)

So anyway, that's my introduction. hehe I wanted to make it much shorter than this, but it always ended up being about this long no matter how hard I tried.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Default G'day

I'm Al, 57 goin on about 12! Played the drums for most of my life and am still an amateur at it.
My kit is a Drumworld UK Stage Master Jazz Edition. with all the original hardware and the cymbals are their Extreme Iron set.
I listen to all sorts of music and like drumming to rock, blues and some jazz.
My favourite drummer is and always has been has to be Swansea's own Terry Williams.
Apart from some stuff with local schools, I mainly play for enjoyment.

Nice to be here.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:24 PM

Default Re: G'day

Welcome to the forum Al!
Always nice to have a new member :D
Old 01-28-2011, 10:37 PM

Thank you Daphfz.

Al
Old 01-28-2011, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to Drummerworld. We want pictures, we wanna see eye candy ....
Old 01-29-2011, 09:21 AM

Default Hi everyone!

Heyas all! I'm Dan from Southern Oregon.

I played drums back in high school, and took a 25 year (yes you read it right) break. Things are mellowing out somewhat now in life, and I'm getting back to a kit before I die.

I've told myself every year since I turned 24-25 that I need to get back to beating the skins, but - as life goes, here I am at 41. Its about time to get back on a throne.

I ordered up a pretty decent entry level setup this evening, and I'll get some pictures up when I'm sitting behind it.

Just wanted to say hi, and hope to make a few friends while I'm here!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Hi everyone!

Welcome to the forum and great decision to get back behind a kit. Like my Grandfather used to say "if you don't use the talent God gave you, He'll give it to someone else". Well, I'm not sure how things work but I sure didn't want to give up on playing this most wonderful instrument. Congrats on the new kit also.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:44 PM

real name? Chris
age? 22
how long been playing? 11 years
origin of user name? my drum blog website
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Keith Moon, Buddy Rich, Ian Paice & Stanrton Moore
make of drumkit? Mapex Saturn Pro and Yamaha YD kit
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? at home in studio
are you in a band/s? Not at the moment, but play regularly with other musicians
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? Rock, Indie, Blues
favourite take out food? Chinese, Pizza
country? England
one really odd fact about yourself? when Toy Story came out in 1994 I got it for christmas and watched it everyday in January!
how did you start drumming? when i started secondary school at 11 years old
Old 01-29-2011, 04:49 PM

Default Drum Blogs

Whats everyones favourite drum blog?

I've been writing blogs on my website for about 1 year and would like to check out other peoples websites to get some ideas of what other people write about.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:21 AM

Default I m a brazilian drummer

Hello!

I m a braziliam drummer and I want to share videos and my music with you.

Here is my band: www.myspace.com/entreveroinstrumental

Is brazilian jazz

And here is some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1C19...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96xRlkFWVuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV_bo...eature=related

Bye!

Last edited by filipemaliska; 01-30-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: wrong link
Old 01-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: I m a brazilian drummer

Nice job Filipe!!! Nice touch.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryconway View Post
Welcome to Drummerworld. We want pictures, we wanna see eye candy ....
job's done & dusted

Al
Old 01-30-2011, 10:09 PM

real name? giorgio
age? 31
how long been playing? 17 years
origin of user name? a venue-promoter mismatched my name to jordan, and now it brings me good luck
top 5 drummers? simone pace (blonde redhead), john bonham, jon theodore, mitch mitchell, john herndon (tortoise)
make of drumkit? pearl
make of cymbal? zildijan avedis `60
where do you practice? home, band's rehearsal room
are you in a band/s? www.chupaconcha.com
covers or originals? original
what style of music? hypnofunk
favourite take out food? I really prefer to cook myself
country? spain
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm together with my girlfriend since 12 years ;-)
how did you start drumming? I was playing guitar in a band when I was 14 and the drummer was so bad that I had to pick up the sticks!

Last edited by jordan / chupaconcha; 01-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:24 AM

real name?
Dan Duffy
age?
46 (April 6, 1964)

how long been playing?
31 years.
origin of user name?
I've been called Duff as long as I can remember .
top 5 drummers?
Not really sure-
I usually gravitate toward -Bonzo-Moon-Starr-Fleetwood-Watts-groove drummers
make of drumkit?
Pacific & DW..I have 2 kits
make of cymbal?
The cymbal that sounds good
where do you practice?
At the gig
are you in a band/s?
In 3 bands.

covers or originals?
Covers..
what style of music?
Rock-Classic Rock

favourite take out food?-Taco Bueno !

country?
United States

how did you start drumming?
I was 16 yrs old..Dad took me to a Doobie Bros show..that was it .
Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 AM

Default Aviv Cohen, Israeli drummer from Tel Aviv

Hello everyone.
My name is Aviv and I'm Originally from Tel Aviv, Israel where I was lucky enough
to have played with some of the biggest artists in the country.
Recently relocated to Los Angeles, CA. along with my own musical project
Alternative rock band "Drugstore Fanatics" (www.drugstorefanatics.com)
Glad to be a part of this forum!
Aviv.

www.myspace.com/avivco
www.youtube.com/avivcohendrums
Old 01-31-2011, 09:05 PM

how long been playing: Officially about a month. I tried in 6th grade band...Fail.
origin of user name: Throwing random words I liked together
top 5 drummers: hmm...none in particular to name though the old school jazz drummers sort of amaze me...
make of drumkit: Ddrum beginner set
make of cymbal: stock cymbals till I gather some cash for some real ones ha
where do you practice: My spare room
are you in a band/s: Not technically though there are people waiting for me to learn haha

covers or originals: Both, sure.
what style of music: I'd eventually like to play some simple '77 punk style drums as well as some crazy metal and possibly some sludged out doom stuff.

favourite take out food: Weird. Um, Del Taco I guess.

how did you start drumming: I've wanted to drum since I was a little kid. I joined the school band in sixth grade but I was super shy and the band teacher insisted on doing boys and against girls all the time and as the only girl drummer that made me feel to on the spot...so I dropped it. I'd been waiting till I had space for a drumset all this time since and finally got it, got my set a month ago, 11 or so years later, and now here I am...
Old 02-01-2011, 03:10 PM

Giuliano Kolling
33 years Old
About 15 Years
Use my first name
There are so many,but here is a few:Kiko Freitas,Gavin Harrison,Vinnie Colaiuta,Virgil DonatiThomas Pridgen,
Premier Signia Marquis
Zildjian,Sabian and Agean Cymbals
At home and work(when is possible)
Yeah,we call Escuderia
Both covers and originals
MetalCore,Progressive Metal,Gospel,Brazilian Jazz
Pizza and Chinese food
Brazil
I started when i was 19 years old,my friend use to play guitar at that time and a little bit of drums,then he tauched me some grooves,i liked it and started to play the drums!
Old 02-01-2011, 05:52 PM

how long been playing: 36 years with a 20 year break in between.
origin of user name: It ties in a couple of aspects of me and what I do.
top 5 drummers: John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Ginger Baker, Donnie Brewer, Steve Gadd.
make of drumkit: Ludwig
make of cymbal: Zildjian, Stagg, Wuhan.
where do you practice: Basement studio
are you in a band/s: Not at the moment
covers or originals: Covers
what style of music: Rock mostly
favourite take out food: Pizza
one really odd fact about yourself: I work in two completely unrelated fields. (not including drumming)
how did you start drumming: Got my first snare drum at 9 years old. Played ever since.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM

real name - Shane
age - 36
how long been playing - 20 years
origin of user name - old radio DJ name
top 5 drummers - Weckl, Steve Smith, Stanton Moore, Benny Greb, El Negro
make of drumkit - Yamaha MCAN, Pearl VSX
make of cymbal - Zildjian, Sabian, Wuhan mix
are you in a band/s - 1 folk rock, 1 dance stuff, 1 jazz
covers or originals - both
country - USA
how did you start drumming - braces made me quit trumpet
Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 PM

Default My new blog about groove

I'm trying to start a blog and to continue to put up blog posts for students to check out, or to entice new students to sign up.

I made (what I feel is a pretty good first post about groove), although I could stew over it for days picking up bits and pieces (like I normally would), I feel the time spent making it better is just getting exponentially large for the reward.

Please check it out and let me know what you think from a drummers perspective, and educators, a business persons, and so on cheers.

http://www.mattsdrumlessons.com.au/

Last edited by matthew; 05-21-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:11 PM

Default Re: My new blog about groove

I like this, too. In which country are you? I would have said "what country are you in", but a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Gold Member

The site looks good, but the blog section at the bottom was displaying oddly. It left some artifacts when I scrolled, and I couldn't see any of the sidebar. I attached a screenshot of what it looked like to me.

Name:  Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 12.15.03 PM.png
Views: 272
Size:  77.9 KB
Old 02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zickosdrummer View Post
I like this, too. In which country are you? I would have said "what country are you in", but a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with.
Haha, "a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with." I'm sure you realize this and were making a joke, but "with" is a preposition :D
Old 02-04-2011, 03:58 AM

Yep I noticed that too at times. I couldn't replicate it this morning though. Now that I have a blog, and new content I'll be redesigning my website.

If any one wants, subscribe to my blog, and you will see any new content... For most people here I'm sure its similar stuff to that which you already know. I'll be putting a mix between beginner topics and advanced stuff (more specifcally based around what I know; blues, roots drumming).

Any comments on the content of the blog itself would be great, and any advice from people with suggestions on how to do this better is appreciated.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSnyder View Post
Haha, "a preposition is a bad thing to end a sentence with." I'm sure you realize this and were making a joke, but "with" is a preposition :D
I guess it loses something if you have to explaine the jokes.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:54 AM

Default My introduction

Hi, I am Tony. I have been playing for about 5 - 6 years now, and I am 14. I don't think I'm that good but my friends think otherwise haha. Anyway, I will start recording some material here soon [once I get a camera, that is] and post it and you can give me some feedback! Glad to be here.

Tony
Old 02-04-2011, 10:06 AM

Default Re: My introduction

Hello Tony and welcome aboard.

Al
Old 02-07-2011, 09:50 PM

Real Name - Dennis
Age - 39
Been playing - 25 years
Origin of user name - old stage persona
Top 5 drummers - Carmine Appice, Mike Portnoy, Rick Allen, Scott Rockenfield, Jason Bonham
Make of Drumkit - Sonor Force 2007
Make of Cymbal - All Sabians w/20" Wuhan china
Are you in a band/s - 2 rock bands: Fifth O' Whiskey and FourFit
Covers or Originals - FourFit does on;y covers, Whiskey does both
Country - Nova Scotia, Canada
How did you start drumming - for the girls, man! What else!!?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:30 PM

Location: A little town that used to reside in Nowhere but thusly transplanted to misery by a blonde tornado.

Collin
16 years old
funk.hard bop, grindcore, and various types of ska and punk drums
im absolutely positively in love with Meinl, as in you can physically see my heart trying to beat out of my chest when i think about anything even slightly related to anything Meinl. And sabian is nice too.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM

How long been playing: 1 yr; just snare/hi-hat/ride for small jazz gigs along with singing. Keen to expand the kit, though.
Origin of user name: Google it, you'll see...
Top 5 drummers: I'm familiar with Jeff Hamilton, Elvin Jones, Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa & Max Roach by name, but I'm sure that list will change as I learn more.
Make of drumkit: Canora snare (Pearl-made from the 60's)
Make of cymbal: Sabian hi-hats & ride
Where do you practice: Apartment (& on-gig!)
Are you in a band/s: Yes
Covers or originals: Standards
What style of music: Jazz
Favourite take out food: Anything paid for by someone else
One really odd fact about yourself: I hear roughly a semitone lower in my right ear compared to my left (can generally average it out by concentrating, though)
How did you start drumming: Thought I'd give the brushes a go when singing with the trio for a friend's party; enjoyed it so much, I kept it up. Occasionally use it on small gigs if requested but not always and will generally use a *real* drummer on more important/bigger gigs.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:35 PM

Hi all, I'm Sam and I've been playing drums about 9 years. I'm 20 years old and play in a local death metal band called Atrophia. I play Pearl drums with Sabian cymbals.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:53 PM

real name? It's not important :P
age? 21
how long been playing? +/- 1 year with a big break during summer :(
origin of user name? It's my name, germanised
top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Dino campanella,Neal Morse, and some others.
make of drumkit? I have no own stuff
make of cymbal?
where do you practice? At practise rooms at my university's culture centre
are you in a band/s? Yes!
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Pop mainly now, would like to go toward something instrumental/experimental/progressive rock/ambientish
favourite take out food? Wok
country? The Netherlands
one really odd fact about yourself? Too much odd facts to just pick one out
how did you start drumming? I started drumming when I regularly visited the practise room of the band of my ex, and it always got so cold there, and I needed to warm up. So my ex suggested I should try drumming to warm up a bit. And I have liked it ever since!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:02 AM

real name? - Griffin.
age? - 15.
how long been playing? - About 8 years.
origin of user name? - My first name and my last name initial.
top 5 drummers? - Neil Peart, Navene Koperweis, Dan Carle, Matt Greiner, Chase Ward(Local drummer and friend.)
make of drumkit? - Pearl.
make of cymbal? - Paiste, Sabian, and Zildjian.
where do you practice? - My drum room/shed.
are you in a band/s? - I used to be in several bands, but I've given that up for now.
covers or originals? - Originals.
what style of music? - Anything from Deathcore to Smooth Jazz. I listen to and play everything.
favourite take out food? - Mexican.
country? - USA.
one really odd fact about yourself? -
how did you start drumming? - I watched the video for "Hey Yah" by Outkast when I was about 7 and told myself that it was the coolest thing ever.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Silver Member

Real name? - Joey
Age? - 15.
How long been playing? - About 2 years.
Origin of user name? - My first name, and my favorite bands numbers.
Top 5? - Atom Willard, Travis Barker, Cobus Potgieter, Aaron Gillespie, Carter Beauford
Make of drum kit? - Gretsch.
Make of cymbal? - Zildjian.
Where do you practice? - My drum studio.
Are you in a band/s? - Yes.
Covers or originals? - Covers, but originals coming soon!
What style of music? - Rock, Punk, Pop/Punk, Dubstep, Some Screamo.
Favorite take out food? - Chinese.
Country? - USA.
One really odd fact about yourself? - I will give you 100$ for me to play the drums for 2 weeks! My most favorite thing in the world.
How did you start drumming? - I watched a cover by Cobus Potgieter, and immediately bought a set.

Last edited by Joey182; 02-17-2011 at 05:19 AM. Reason: wrong answer
Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM

real name Ravnit kang
how long been playing: 1 yr
origin of user name: I am a lazy person
top 5 drummers: bill ward, joey jordison,shannon larkin,chris adler,virendra kainth(india)
make of drumkit :BASIX Classic plus
make of cymbal: paiste
where do you practice: my room
are you in a band/s: no
covers or originals: covers as of yet
what style of music:beginner stuff( no particular genre)
favourite take out food:sandwiches
one really odd fact about yourself : too skinny to be a drummer
how did you start drumming: i always liked the beats of drums and getting in college began it for me
Closed Thread