DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 03:31 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Real name? - Reuben Garza

Age? - 17

How long been playing? - Since I was about 3.

Top 5 drummers? - Vinnie Colaiuta, Tony Williams, Billy Cobham, Steve Smith, Dave Weckl

Make of drumkit? - Sonor and Gretsch

Make of cymbal? - Zildjian

Where do you practice? - At home, at school...basically anywhere I can play and at least be able to tap my fingers and not get yelled at.

Are you in a band/s? - The Howard Output Experience, The CAA Jazz Combo, The Nick Lizcano Quartet

Covers or originals? - Both...good music is good music.

Favorite take out food? - Chinese

Country? - U.S.A.

One really odd fact about yourself? - I sneak out of bed in the middle of the night to go practice on the pad.

How did you start drumming? - Well, my dad and uncle, both professional musicians, always had music on while I was young and I would go to their gigs and watch them play and fell in love with the music. While I was young, I grew up listening to everything from Beethoven to Michael Jackson and Miles Davis to Zappa.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Real name? - Chris Stockard

Age? - 19

How long been playing? - 7 years

Top 5 drummers? - mike portnoy, niel peart, joey ordison, the rev, tommy lee...not necessarily in that order at all

Make of drumkit? - yamaha

Make of cymbal? - sabien, zildjian

Where do you practice? - in my bassist's garage. alone i usually find something to tap out a paradiddle on

Are you in a band/s? - a new country/alt rock cover band and im working on getting an original project off the ground

Covers or originals? - "you cant write if you can't relate" so...both, that is

Favorite take out food? - SHEETZ!

Country? - U.S.A.

One really odd fact about yourself? -i love my job :D

How did you start drumming? - my 6th grade year i played the alto sax in the school band and the director couldnt keep me from behind the shiny black Pearls in the room. the rest is history....
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM

Well, instead of posting all these other stickies,I'll post my introduction here.

I am a 31 year old drummer/percussionist/saxophonist. I began playing drums, AFTER, i couldn't make any noise out of any mouthpiece at band tryouts, when I was ten. I wanted to play sax, to be like "duke ellington"(little did I know that he wasn't the sax player), trumpet, so I could be like Miles Davis(i knew who he was), or trombone because it seemed fun.

No sound. "Here try this..." (four sixteenths), "ok, now try this" (eight eighth notes), " now try this" ( one set of triplet eight notes and quarter)...."You could be a good drummer"

I grew up in the South side of chicago. EVERY sunday from 5 am to I think ten, was "breakfast with the beatles." Also, my father showed me, and pointed out , the amazing drum parts on" fire," "purple haze," and "manic depression." We also both really understood, him more than I at the time , why "white room," was one of the coolest songs ever.

I started my life as a drummer listening to Led Zepplin 4, Are you Experienced, Appetite for Destruction, Jimi Hendrix live at woodstock, and shortly thereafter every Metallica release, up until the "black album."

I mastered all lars parts by 14. "Load" hadn't come out yet, but by then...well it was Emperor, Satyricon, Cannibal Corpse, things of the death/black metal nature.

I was in concert band, marching band, and because I was too rock and roll, so to speak, wasn't in jazz band.

I can play all the usual concert instruments proficently: timpani, suspended cymbal, temple blocks, gong, chimes...etc.

If I would say drummers that really changed my whole idea of what could be done, in no particular order it would have to be: John Bonham, Mitch Mitchell, Buddy Miles, the guy from double trouble (srv), Lars, Gene Hoglan, Danney Carey (tool), Dale Crover (melvins), buddy rich, gene kruppa, tony williams, vinni caulutia(maybe i spelled that wrong), chester thompson(with Zappa), dave grohl, Frost, Elvin Jones, Art Blakey,ringo (or paul mccartney, whoever you believe) and Matt cameron.

Any one that can support the music, play a groove that makes me want to play RIGHT then, and basically anyone hitting a drum. I feel that we can all learn from each other and technicality or chops is all good and well, but Dave grohl doesn't have chops like buddy, but the emotion gets across. I am not a fan of Kiss.

Drumming is the first instrument known to man besides voice, Egyptians played drums made out of skulls, Vikings did as well.

Without us, where would the rest of the band be? We are what people clap along to, not tight leather pants on Axl.

I , as of yesterday, auditioned for a local pipe and rum band playing traditional scottish and Irish music, also I compose music that has me playing drums and sax in same songs plus sometimes making harsh realities with analog synthesizers.

Best bands I have seen: NIN, Tool, Maynard Fergusons band, and Melvins.

I am sometimes long winded and wish you all would give me money for a "hang," even though they say it's not a drum.

I plan to try and learn tabla one day, have one child (one on the way), and plan to go back to school to be a music teacher.

I have worked as a kennel assitant, Ups loader, semi driver, restaurant worker, florist assistant, hvac helper(only a sometimes extra money gig), a furniture delivery person, wrapped cds in a recording studio, and currently I talk on the phone all day to people about their problems with a MAJOR window and door manufactorer.

I enjoy reading fine books, cooking, and teaching my son to do various things, like hitting cymbals correctly.

You might catch me reading poe, pahalaniuk, ayn rand, Jung, George Montalba (or listening to his organ playing!), or maybe a book about Forensic science.

So I guess that sums me up in short.

Lately, I have been listening mostly to Joshua Redman, Larry Young, 9 equilibrium, and to wake me up Minor threat.

Currently its gretsch, DW, Vater, Paiste, one zildgjian(I do spell that wrong, unl;ike on craigslist), evans and various hardware.

The Elvin groove at the begining of the first track of larry youngs unity is ever elusive, but its elvin, what are you going to do?

Happy to meet you all, I hope we can converse and put an end to the blasphemy that music is considered most of the drival that is churned out by the media conglomerates to use as tools of indoctrination. In other words, I happened to skip by Mtv this morning (they still play videos?) and some terrible singer named "kendra" or something...seriously put on Goldie if you need electronic music...

Or and dont knock Portishead drummer, Clive Deamer, and there is a reason Clyde Stubblefield and Bernard Purdie are the most sampled in hip hop.

This is officialy the end of my introduction
Old 01-12-2011, 02:42 PM

I didnt take time to read the questions and just wrote my own introduction, sorry moderators!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 PM

Default The New Guy

Hi folks. First post.

I'm looking forward to learning from and contributing to the drummerworld community. :)

So yeah, hello. :)

Last edited by sixteenxnine; 02-03-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: The New Guy

Welcome. There is something here for both the technical and the not so technical.
Everyone has their own approach to drumming.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Hey welcome. Hope you like the form. You will find alot of info on here.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about what you don't know.... everyone here is learning and sharing (or at least most of us are). All musicians are in a constant state of learning and exploration, from the beginner to the seasoned pro. Have fun and don't be afraid to ask questions!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 AM

Hey all! Been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to make an account, look forward to meeting and chattin' drums with all of you!

Been playing: About 8 or 9 years, I lost track
Make of drumkit: TAMA Superstar 2006/7 model, Midnight Blue
Origin of user name: Kinda self explanatory; I like old school metal and I was born in 1988
Top 4 drummers: Lars Ulrich, Mike Portnoy, Niel Pert, Dave Lombardo.
Make of cymbals: Sabian B8
Practice space: My bedroom
Band: A local group I co-founded called Karma Kills, also record my own stuff for a side project.
- Covers or originals?: Original material with Karma Kills, mostly covers in the side project.
Style of music: Hard rock, metal
Favorite take out food: I don't usually get take out
Random odd fact: I get really anxious when someone else plays my kit.
Inspiration for drumming: One word; Metallica.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:11 AM

real name? Charles Joseph Miller V
age? 22
how long been playing? 5
origin of user name? Band Name
top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, Tim Alexander, Neil Peart, Mike Portney, Brad Wilk
make of drumkit? Pearl Export Series
make of cymbal? Sabian HHX & AAX
where do you practice? York, Maine
are you in a band/s? Yes, Stellar Reign
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? Rock/Prog-Rock
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I fell in a well when i was 4 years old and almost died!
how did you start drumming? Always wanted a drum set when i was a kid because it was loud and looked like fun. Parents would never buy me one, so when i turned 18 i bought my own and have been playing ever since! happy to be part of the forum!!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Gold Member

I finally got around to introducing myself. I know it's taboo on a lot of forums to start posting before posting an intro so if that's the case here, I apologize.

real name? Eric
age? 38
how long been playing? 26 years
origin of user name? Sounds cool
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Nicko McBrain, Peter Criss, Mikkey Dee, Dave Weckl
make of drumkit? I've owned many but currently have a PDP LX and Gretsch Catalina Birch. Also Roland TD-6V.
make of cymbal? The big 3 but have been buying Sabian lately.
where do you practice? Home.
are you in a band/s? Yes. Cover band and U2 tribute.
covers or originals? Covers now. Originals in the past.
what style of music? Mostly alternative rock but also classic rock and metal.
favorite take out food? Thai
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself? I decorate for Halloween all year round!
how did you start drumming? Really great music class in junior high. I chose drums and the music teacher was a really good drummer which helped a lot.

I've played a lot over the years including opening for major acts like Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper, The Scorpions, Voivod, Fuel, Stabbing Westward, and others. I also teach.
I had stopped playing a few years ago in disgust of the music business, but the flame was inevitably rekindled. The inner fire for drumming never dies!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 PM

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to drumming(2 years isn't very much, and only taking lessons for less than half that isn't helping). Anyway, I know almost no terms(keyholing... Still don't know other than it's bad for cymbals). I like to use parenthesis. Other than that, there's my bio and I look forward to learning more about drums along with meeting new people on the forum.

Real name? Cameron Tubman
Age? 15
How long been playing? In my second year.
Origin of user name? A bit of a play on words.
Top 5 drummers? I'll say Neil Peart(Canada ftw). I like the way Michael Thomas uses the double bass. I really only got into rock/metal music in the summer as I took drumming a lot more seriously. I know the names, just not the people. Eventually I'll figure out everyone, but people will have to educate me on them.
Make of drumkit? Westbury starter kit. 5 piece. Pretty basic, but I love it.
Make of cymbal? Sabian
Where do you practice? Basement.
Are you in a band/s? School jazz band and a bunch of friends that play together from time to time.
Covers or originals? Covers.
What style of music? Jazz and some rock.
Favourite take out food? Pizza.
Country? Canada.
One really odd fact about yourself? If someone touches my drum sticks... I had a friend borrow them once to play ONE song, and he ended up tearing them to pieces.
How did you start drumming? I homeschooled until high school and played piano for 12 or so years. Because I couldn't play piano in my music class, I got put on percussion and excelled at it. My musical background likely played a part in my success. Last summer I really got into drumming because the grade 12 that is very talented graduated, so I knew I'd be taking over for what he did(Which was jazz band). That's where I am now.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 AM

Default Hi to everyone !

A big hello to everyone !!
Nice to meet you !!!!
I'm new and I'm very happy to be here !!!!

If you want to know something about me you can also visit my website :

http://www.claudiocontri.altervista....io_Contri.html

in the section "experiences" of course you are going to find all the news !!

Thank you very much !!

See you soon ,

Claudio
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Hi to everyone !

Welcome to the DW forum.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 AM

Been playing: 3 years
Make of drumkit: pearl 9 peice
Origin of user name: was a our band name
Top 4 drummers: lars, nicko, sib, dennis wilson!
Make of cymbals: Zildjian
Practice space: 20x20 room
Band: Burning house "60's, 70's 80's cover band. and an Original band (no name) we sound like 80s metal...(skid rowish)
Covers or originals?: BOTH
Style of music: 70s classic rock, 80s metal and 60s pop music.
Favorite take out food: In and Out burger
Random odd fact: I dress like its 1982...Metal gear baby!
Inspiration for drumming: I remember being a kid watching Metallica's One Video with my uncle and thought Lars and James were the coolest people in the world. I became a guitar player and even coverd some metallica tunes with my old band The MILITIA. Our drummer wasnt to into Metallica so i had to show him how to play the drums for the songs and found out i was a killer drummer and every note was solid and rightt in the pocket....so Yes Metallica.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:04 AM

Ah, I didn't go by the questionnaire in the OP. Here goes:

• Name: John
  • how long been playing: 18 yrs on and off, a lot of off...
  • origin of user name: I was a bit of an early adopter of Home Theater PC gaming
  • top 5 drummers (applied to my personal tastes): Dale Crover, D. Grohl, B. Bruford, J. Bonham, Zach Hill... and OF COURSE i appreciated the drummers outside of my realm who are amazing like Dave Weckl, Vinnie Colaiuta, Steve Gadd etc....
  • make of drumkit: I play on my lead singer's kit which has been on a couple long tours... it's a Mapex Orion Birch. Personally I love FrankenDrums, from my kids' Adam Percussion 5 piece small set (modified to accomodate me) with nice heads to a First Act kit I just got for $10 that's going to get a royal treatment just so it can serve as a backup to the band's kit.
  • make of cymbal: A few makes... Zildjian Avedis A Custom, Zildjian Avedis and PowerBeat 14" hi hat, Sabian B8 Pro 10" china splash & 13" thin crash, Zildjian Avedis A Custom 18" thin crash, Dream Contact 17" crash, an old Zildjian Avedis ride that might be a marching band piece; about 21.5", and a Wuhan 10" china
  • where do you practice: I play a few times a week for a few hours at a time at my lead singer/guitarist's house... I used to be able to practice at home, but the apartment I moved into a year ago isn't conducive to at-home drumming... I practice in my head ALL DAY every day though... and I can play with my teeth/mouth (not audible from the outside) which helps me sound out concepts I think of if I don't have any percussion access.
  • are you in a band/s: Yes!
  • covers or originals: Originals
  • what style of music: Very hard rock with timing changes, some jazzy elements, a lot of driving rhythms...
  • favourite take out food: the oriental and multi-culture hot food bar at my local Wegmans
  • one really odd fact about yourself: I won my age class in two fairly heavily-populated 5k races despite being a pack-a-day smoker.
  • how did you start drumming? Zeppelin made me realize the sonic quality of good drumming, the Dust Brothers' production of Ton Loc's Loc'ed After Dark album furthered the idea of "groove" and got me sitting behind a kit, Twisted Sister's Stay Hungry made me realize what driving rhythms could do, a drummer schoolmate @ age 12 showed me how to play drums at my desk with a pencil, a hand and a foot, and Nirvana's Nevermind set me on the path I follow to this day.

Last edited by sixteenxnine; 02-03-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:28 PM

real name? Kwame Mensah.
age? currently 16.
how long been playing? almost 4 years.
origin of user name? it's the second level of Call of Duty 4, haha
top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, Andy Hurley, Travis Barker, Tony Thaxton
make of drumkit? currently Rockwood, soon to be Orange County
make of cymbal? Sabian B8s with one Zildjian K crash
where do you practice? my house.
are you in a band/s? yes, a pop punk band called A Place In Time.
covers or originals? both, but especially covers if you can make them goofy.
what style of music? pop punk, hardcore, punk, emo, post-hardcore, metalcore, melodic hardcore, indie pop, dance-punk.
favourite take out food? Chipotle?
country? United States Of Amerca.
one really odd fact about yourself? i have probably seen Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back over 300 times.
how did you start drumming? me, my dad, and my little brother were at a music shop one day. my brother was getting a guitar, and i asked my dad if i could get a drumkit.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 AM

Default Whats up ppl :)

Hey whats up every one ^^
So im from portugal and i play drums for 3 years now and i really love playing!

I will leave here a link to my channel so that you guys can check out my kit and my drumming

www.youtube.com/s1ckn3ss13
Make shure to comment on my drumming ^^

Peace
Old 01-18-2011, 07:00 AM

Default Hello all drummers

Hows it going everyone. I started drumming this past summer and been lurking the site for a few months. I decided to finally sign up.

My set is poor minus the cymbals from what i have read and i am actually looking to upgrade and would love some guidance. Currently i own the following: CB Drums wine red 5pc - stock heads - Zildjian hats/c.ride/crash - Pearl double kick pedals which are beaten up.

I am a student and on a $450 budget and am looking for some opinions.
I have considered getting pdp shells with some remo heads and a new kick pedal. I want to know if there is much of a difference between a dw 2000 and dw 3000? I want to make it my main pedal and stick without it for a few years and use money on sticks, cymbalS and stands.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Hello all drummers

Go on Ebay/Craigslist. There are tons of great deals on shell packs as well as whole kits.
PDP are ok.
Some other names to look for-

Sonor Force
Gretsch Catalina
Mapex Pro M or Meridian
Pearl Vision
Tama Rockstar

These are just some.
There are many more but I'm spacin.

Check some out and get back to us. :)
Old 01-18-2011, 04:20 PM

Thanks for reply Homeularis.
I found a mapex voyager kit for 500. is this kit any good? it comes complete with cymbals and hardware as well as remo heads.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdrumR View Post
I want to know if there is much of a difference between a dw 2000 and dw 3000? I want to make it my main pedal and stick without it for a few years and use money on sticks, cymbalS and stands.
The 2000 is a lower-cost, single-chain, lower-performance pedal. The 3000 is what used to be called the 7000, a good, solid, well-reviewed intermediate/jobber pedal with a double chain and more adjustment points than any pedal at its price point. It's essentially where pro quality was about 5-10 years ago. I own one, and I played on a 7000 for years prior to it. If you can scratch up the few extra bucks but can't quite afford a 5000, the 3000 should be a good pedal.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdrumR View Post
Thanks for reply Homeularis.
I found a mapex voyager kit for 500. is this kit any good? it comes complete with cymbals and hardware as well as remo heads.
The Mapex Voyager looks OK.
Its a beginner kit but it looks pretty stout for a beginner.
I think it has basswood shells which is the standard beginner material.

If its new, the cymbals suck but Its still worth $500.

At the very least, you will have to eventually replace the cymbals.

I'm sure there are some better deals for a complete used kit.

Keep looking and see what you find.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparrott View Post
The 2000 is a lower-cost, single-chain, lower-performance pedal. The 3000 is what used to be called the 7000, a good, solid, well-reviewed intermediate/jobber pedal with a double chain and more adjustment points than any pedal at its price point. It's essentially where pro quality was about 5-10 years ago. I own one, and I played on a 7000 for years prior to it. If you can scratch up the few extra bucks but can't quite afford a 5000, the 3000 should be a good pedal.
THANK YOU! for days i been trying to figure out keywords on google and looking at forums. I am gonna go for the 3000 now. really appreciate man.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeularis View Post
The Mapex Voyager looks OK.
Its a beginner kit but it looks pretty stout for a beginner.
I think it has basswood shells which is the standard beginner material.

If its new, the cymbals suck but Its still worth $500.

At the very least, you will have to eventually replace the cymbals.

I'm sure there are some better deals for a complete used kit.

Keep looking and see what you find.
Thanks against homeularis. I do like the mapex but they will be out of my budget. hopefully something turns up..
Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 AM

real name? Arvin Velasco JR
age? 14
how long been playing? Almost a Year
origin of user name? My name and my Area code
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Cobus, The Rev, Myron Carlos, and Tommy Lee
make of drumkit? PDP Z5
make of cymbal? Meinl
where do you practice? My house
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? Metal, Rock, Hip-Hip, Pop, Mostly every type.
favourite take out food? McDonalds
country? Maybe
one really odd fact about yourself? I drum everywhere I walk
how did you start drumming?
I joined concert Band, then went to Marching band in HS, then into Jazz Band, and now i make covers. http://www.youtube.com/user/ArvinV808?feature=mhum
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM

* Name: Charlie Korch
* how long been playing: Since September 1984
* origin of user name: It is my last name.
* top 5 drummers (applied to my personal tastes): Dave Weckl, Vinnie C, Steve Smith, Dennis Chambers, Chad Wackerman
* make of drumkit: I have a Mapex Saturn, Mapex, M Birch, Gretsch Renown Maple (x2), and a Yamaha Electronic Kit (with a Roland SPD-S)
* make of cymbal: Sabian
* where do you practice: In my home studio.
* are you in a band/s: Back N Black (AC/DC Tribute), Midlife Crisis, The Mark Cook Project, & The Rhythm Raiders
* covers or originals: Both
* what style of music: Rock, Metal, Fusion, Blues, etc.
* favourite take out food: Chinese (Beef with Oyster Sauce)
* one really odd fact about yourself: Even though I've been a musician since 1984, I have never taken drugs. I only mention this because everyone assumes I have.
* how did you start drumming? As far back as I can remember I always wanted to play drums. After seeing John Bonham in the Song Remains the Same, I knew I had to get a drum set.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:55 PM

Location: If I told you, you wouldn't have any idea where it is....

Name: Matt Walls
* how long been playing: 17 years
* origin of user name: It's what I am. lol.
* top 5 drummers (applied to my personal tastes):Tommy Lee, Adrian Young, David Silvera, John Otto, Dennis Chambers
* make of drumkit: Mapex Meridian Birch
* make of cymbal: Zildjian, Sabian, Paiste
* where do you practice: Clubhouse studio or the living room. depends on where I am lol
* are you in a band/s: DNA
* covers or originals: Both
* what style of music: Southern Rock, Country, Blues, Rock
* favourite take out food: Italian
* one really odd fact about yourself: Like the previous poster, Been playing all my life and haven't ever indulged in the drug culture associated with being a musician
* how did you start drumming? Picked up the sticks and started playing.....
Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 AM

i decided to stick with my kit. My friend sold me his dw 9000 single pedal for $100 and my old pair of pearl double pedals. I bought an evans emad bass head and sound percussions double boom to add and decided to save the other 275 and put it towards a future kit.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:32 AM

real name? Michael Berryman
age? 17
how long been playing? On and off for 3 years
origin of user name? Heritage
top 5 drummers? Jake Green, Gool ol' Joey, Kevin Lane, Lee Stanton, and Pete Sandoval
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? I only have 2 cymbals and they suck :(
where do you practice? My room
are you in a band/s? Not as a drummer
covers or originals? Original 100%
what style of music? Death Metal / Metal
country? US / Australia
one really odd fact about yourself? I love trance more than any other type of music
why did you start drumming? To defeat Mediocrity
Old 01-23-2011, 07:10 AM

Default So nice to be here

Hello, just signed up and am learning how to use the site. Hope to meet everybody and make this a great place!!!
Jr
Old 01-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: So nice to be here

Hi JR, a big welcome to the best drummer forum on the planet. Looked over your site. Incredible prices that our American continent members will be very interested in. Get involved!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:22 PM

Default Hello all

Just a quick hello really as i am new on here! ive bin drumming for about two years and although my playing is ok i dont know anyone else who plays so would like to get involved and learn as much as i can, and speak to you guys!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Hello all

Hi, welcome to the forum! :) I started on here a short while ago, its a great community! On a side note, I'm not sure if mods will mind, but this should be in the introduce yourself section of the forum. Besides that, see you around, and hope to see some pics of your kit soon!! :D

done - Bernhard

Last edited by Bernhard; 01-23-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

Welcome to Drummerworld. Speak drums .... yep .... that's what we do here. Ask questions ... share info .... don't bash Ringo.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the dark side. Read all of this:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=35129

Post in the proper area and you find a wealth of knowledge.
There will be a quiz on Friday
Old 01-24-2011, 12:42 AM

real name? Julio Cesar Torrico
age? 37
how long been playing? I started at 14 years old playing at the school, I have had a very irregular life playing lately, 10 years ago it was very intense.
origin of user name? jrtorrico is my nickname+last name.
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Gool ol' Joey, Kevin Lane, Lee Stanton, and Pete Sandoval
make of drumkit? Transparent Matte,the perfect varnish to see the veins of wood.
make of cymbal? Sabian HHX craches, Zildjian K/Z hi hats & Ks or As custom Rides.
where do you practice? I have a soundproof room at my house
are you in a band/s? At this moment I am just playing with friends at small places, SARAI Custom Drums keeps me very busy lately.
covers or originals? Original 90% 10%covers
what style of music? Blues, Rock&Roll, Latin music.
country? Bolivia, City: Santa Cruz de la Sierra
one really odd fact about yourself: I really love being with my family.
why did you start drumming? Just curious at the beginning, then I realized the power the drums have.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:45 AM

Hi! Welcome to the site.Its nice to know you.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Platinum Member

And a big welcome to you......................
Old 01-25-2011, 02:16 AM

Default Re: So nice to be here

Thanks so much for the comments about my drum shells, Every time that borns a shell makes me feel incredible, I am really enjoying it..keep in touch my friend ! Regards,