DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: New member

Nice. My mate gave me his old leedy kit, which i subsequently killed. It's a shame that they don't make decent drums any more really. I think it's just a brand name for some cheapo chineese jobbie or something.

EHs Music Facebook Page
Old 04-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome aboard Steve. Liking your stuff. Kit sounds great too. Sounds like you've got a lot to offer. See you on the threads. TTFN, KIS.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Destroyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Welcome aboard Steve. Liking your stuff. Kit sounds great too. Sounds like you've got a lot to offer. See you on the threads. TTFN, KIS.
Thanks! Yes I'll see you on the threads.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Real name? Austen

Age? 17

How long been playing? 6 months now.

Origin of user name? Favorite drummer: Questlove of The Roots. I used to just replace the "A" in my name with a question mark, but people thought it was the word, "question." So I figured I'd just take the same nickname.

Top 5 drummers? Lee Finkelstein, Questlove, Keith Moon, Brad Wilk, & Chad Smith

Make of drumkit? Currently, and for the past 3 months, a crappy Sound Percussion. I just bought a Pearl Export set on CraigsList, so I need to install them. I haven't played them yet.

Make of cymbal? On my current set; all Zildjians. I actually have a 14" top hi-hat on top of a 13" bottom. On the set I just got, it came with a Zildjian Crash and Ride, with Sabian hats.

Where do you practice? In my room. Mostly when my sister isn't home.

Are you in a band/s? Not formally, but I mess around with two cover bands.

Covers or originals? Covers.

What style of music? Mostly Classic Rock.

Favorite take out food? Arby's or Wendy's.

Country? U.S.

One really odd fact about yourself? My IQ was found to be among the highest 15% found in the state for my age, yet I'm in the bottom 30% of my graduating class.

How did you start drumming? My three uncles have been playing since they could sit upright at the drum throne, (one of which is world renowned, playing with the Original Blues Brothers Band, Tower of Power, Stevie Wonder, Isaac Hayes, Stevie Cochran, (currently), the original Cosby Show band/orchestra, and countless other famous artists). About 6 months ago, my mom got married, and I wanted to surprise her by playing drums at her wedding. My uncles told me as much as the could over the phone, but I hadn't a set, no sticks, no nothing. So in about a month of talking on the phone, and 10 minutes on the morning of the wedding, I played a steady beat for two songs with no pause, no fills, no cymbals, no nothing. Since then, I've gotten myself a set, teaching myself everything I know just from listening.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:29 PM

Real name? Peter
Age? 41

How long been playing? 20 years

Origin of user name? Thats been my nickname for 28 years
Top 5 drummers? Dale Crover, Keith Moon, Mac McNeilly, Russell Simms, Rusty
Make of drumkit? Remo kit DW Edge half maple half brass snare

Make of cymbal? Paiste

Where do you practice? Rehearse on a massive valley property 70 kms away
Are you in a band/s? Yep
Covers or originals? Originals

What style of music? Started 80's punk then Grunge then 60's garage then and now swamp country blues rock pile of white noise

Favorite take out food? Pies from Dench Bakery Nth Fitzroy Melbourne
Country? Australia
One really odd fact about yourself? Started playing piano at 6yo and played for 14 years then started the drums at 21.In 7 months of playing i was touring the country and play big supports and festivals. Also collect records and have over 3000 vinyl lp's at present
How did you start drumming? Through somebody i met as we are both left handed and he wanted to teach someone
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 PM

real name? George (Djordje)
age? 18
how long been playing? 8 years
origin of user name? my Surname
top 5 drummers? Tre Cool,Chad Smith,Manu Katche,Dominic Howard,Roger Taylor and then Travis Barker, Adrian Young , John Bonham ...
make of drumkit? Pdp CXR
make of cymbal? Sabian AA,AAX,HH,HHX
where do you practice? in my studio
are you in a band/s? in few bands
covers or originals? both
what style of music? rock,pop,pop-rock,alternative
favourite take out food? cevapi and Chinese
country? Serbia
one really odd fact about yourself? I have been on every continent accept Antarctica
how did you start drumming? I started drumming when I was 2 years old when I started playing on pans and boxes. I got my 1st junior plastic kit when I was 5,but unfortunately,i ruined it and got my real kit 8 years ago when I decided that I want to play drums seriously. Since then, I practice nearly everyday for 2 hours... ;-D
Old 04-21-2010, 03:02 PM

real name? bobby
age? 15
how long been playing? 6 years
origin of user name? i skate and my favorite skate shoe company is lakai
top 5 drummers? Ttravis barker, steve smith,neil peart,joey jordanson, and any other metal drummers
make of drumkit? tama
make of cymbal? zilgion(i dont know how to spell it)
where do you practice? in my room where my drums are
are you in a band/s? my band the unholy dead
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? death metal/screamo
favourite take out food? pizza/chinese
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? im the most highly gifted student in my graphic design class out of the whole ninth grade .
how did you start drumming? i started when i was 10 when i got my 1st peal drumset and ive been playing ever since
Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Silver Member

Real name? Sam, I get the name Frosty a lot due to my alias and gaming buddies.

Age? 21

How long been playing? Brass for about 11 years, drums for just under 1

Origin of user name? The more pronounceable of the two names of my alias, sabin.frost (check facebook)

Top 5 drummers? Louie Bellson, 'Baby' Dodds (check dp), Sean Reinert, Guissepe Orlando, Nicky Bomba... god that was hard, I have a ton of favourite drummers.

Make of drumkit? Pearl Forum, first purchase, looking to change to a Gretsch jazz kit

Make of cymbal? Zildjian Planet Z's, practice cymbals, looking for new ones for proper playing

Where do you practice? Garage... that ones pretty common.

Are you in a band/s? Not currently, was in a jazz ensemble on a different instrument
covers or originals?

What style of music? Love Post-Rock, Prog, Jazz, Blues-Rock, Avant-Garde, a lot of the less commercial more artistic Metal bands.

Favourite take out food? Would have to be subway

Country? Australia

One really odd fact about yourself? I'm quite tall

How did you start drumming? Got tired of scales and found something cathartic that I fell in love with about the Rhythm.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:19 AM

im eddy (eduardo conesa-pietscheck)
im from bolivia, a country in the very centre of south america
ive been drumming for 5 years
my curent drumset is a lazer, im looking forward on buying an sjc. my current cymbals are k, k customs, k contantinople
i use zildjian heavy jazz, and vic firth x5a. im a match gripped drummer
and guess thats it ;)
Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 PM

1. real name? Tim, Timmy, Timothy

2.age? 42

3.how long been playing? Since I was 6...36 years I guess. Wow, I'm getting old.

4.origin of user name? It was available and sounded good :) ...and I like to groove!

5.top 5 drummers? I can only list 5? Well OK...John Henry Bonham, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, Carter Beauford, Keith Moon

6.maker of drumkit? 1996 Yamaha Recording Custom, 5 Piece, Tobacco Sunburst, currently matched with a Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute snare (although I am looking for a nice Maple snare;)

7.maker of cymbal? Currently, I play 13" Zildjian K Custom Dark hats, 20" Zildjian K Ride, 20" Sabian Hand Hammered Jazz Ride, 19" Zildjian K Hybrid Crash, 18" Sabian AAX Dark Crash, 10" Zildjian A Custom Splash, 8" Zildjian A Extra Thin Splash

8.where do you practice? Home

9.are you in a band/s? hmmm.....

10.covers or originals? yes

11.what style of music? Rock, Funk, Jazz, Blues, Indie, Pop, Ska...most anything I guess

12.favorite take out food? Chinese (General Tso...mmmmm) or a really GOOD pizza

13. Country? USA

14.one really odd fact about yourself? I'm unique, just like everyone else. LOL, Ok...I'm the youngest of 5, and all my 4 siblings have 5 kids themselves. Not me, I'm smart...I have 2!

15.how did you start drumming? In the garage as a wee lad on my big brothers Ludwig kit, using headphones plugged into an 8 track player, playing along to Chicago Transit Authority. In my teens (the 80's) had a BIG double bass kit (haha), playing Maiden, Priest, Metallica, etc.The good old days!
Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 AM

Hey, i've posted quite a few times already but i had never taken the time to introduce myself, so i will now ;)

1. real name? Santi, Santiago, whichever you prefer :)

2.age? Just turned 15

3.how long been playing? about 9 years

4.origin of user name? DrummerBoy is my nickname, and 95 well thats the year i was born in, 1995.

5.top 5 drummers? Good question... hmmm Manu Katche, Keith Moon, Virgil Donati, Chris Adler, Billy Cobham are my fav' but there are too many tan they're incomparable...

6.drumkit + specs? At the moment i have a DW 7 piece Black Velvet Maple kit, i find its the best sounding kit i've heard so far! i think its 8", 10" 12" 14" (snare) 14" 16" 20" (bass drum)

7.cymbals + specs? uh well 16" Sabian B8 crash, 14" hats, 20" Paiste Twenty Ride, 10 and 12" Pst3 splashes...

8.where do you practice? my house :)

9.are you in a band/s? not at the moment

10.covers or originals? both actually

11.what style of music? Anything, but i have a preference for Rock on one side and Jazz on the other; Classical music fascinates me as well!

12.favorite take out food? hahaha good question! I don't know really ^^" pizza probably ;)

13. Country? Peru

14.one really odd fact about yourself? hmmm well... i dont know really, im pretty much like everybody else, only i " spend waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much time drumming and with music in general" according to my girlfriend... hahaha :)

15.how did you start drumming? i actually started off playing percussions such as Congas when i was a kid like 5 yrs old, but i kept hitting on them with pencils or sticks i found lying around, so my parents decided to get me started on drum lessons; ive never stopped since then ;)
Old 05-03-2010, 06:20 PM

real name? Chris
age? 15
how long been playing? A year and a half
origin of user name? My favorite band is The Rolling Stones
top 5 drummers? Charlie Watts, Tommy Lee, Carlton Barrett, John Bonham, Keith Moon
make of drumkit? Peace Marauder
make of cymbal? Paiste 802 hats and ride, Wuhan crash, Sabian xs20 crash
where do you practice? My house
are you in a band/s? Im starting a reggae fusion band with a friend, and im in a rock band but we dont have a name or anything yet
what style of music? Reggae, Classic rock, ska, ska punk,
favourite take out food? Pizza!!
country? U.S.A :(
one really odd fact about yourself? uhhhh i dont know haha
how did you start drumming? I was playing guitar but thought drums would be really fun so i started playing drums.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:28 AM

real name? John
age? 26
how long been playing? 10yrs on-off
origin of user name? Special agent John Utah
top 5 drummers? Bernard Purdie, PeeWee Jackson, John Bonham, Johnny Rabb & Gene Krupa
make of drumkit? unique self build
make of cymbal? Dream, Istanbul and Sabian 13" AAX X-celerator hats
where do you practice? home and band prac
are you in a band/s? yes
covers or originals? remixed covers
what style of music? pop rock funk r&b
favourite take out food? HJ's
country? Australia
one really odd fact about yourself? Everything about me is odd, I try to be normal when I can but it don't work much
how did you start drumming? play my bro's kit
Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 PM

real name? Patrick

age? 33

how long been playing? Drums, 2 years (primarily for my own music); Bass, 20+ years (pro bassist, day job)

top 5 drummers? Portnoy, Cyrus Bolooki, Ronald Zito.. pretty much anything that melds popular with skill and intricate

make of drum kit? Maple ply shells

make of cymbal? Wuhan, Zildjian, Sabian

where do you practice? Home studio

are you in a band/s?
Bass, too many, need to cut back.. Drums, not currently (mainly started drumming for recording purposes, but who knows?)

covers or originals? Both

what style of music? Progressive / Instrumental

favorite take out food? Mexican or Thai

country? USA

one really odd fact about yourself?
I'm 6'6" so even 16" crashes feel a little like splashes.

how did you start drumming?
Always looked like fun! But mainly I already play/pro guitar and bass and wanted to be able to write w/o resorting to plugins and software for drumming. Also, learning a new instrument builds new skills and ways of thinking about the other ones you already know.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:55 PM

never really introduced myself on this site to be honest :P

Real name? George

age? 15

how long been playing? 8 years, but really started nailing stuff over the past 2 years, grades 2-6 to be exact and at least 4 bands :]

top 5 drummers? Chad smith - funk and rock in perfect blend, Dominic howard - my favorite all rock drummer.

make of drum kit? Limited Edition Mapex M birch tourer.

make of cymbal? Meinl moving to Zildjian k customs, with some Sabian and Wuhan thrown in :L

where do you practice? At home, friends homes, school.

are you in a band/s? Just a school one at the moment, but had several on the go a couple of months ago.

covers or originals? Both.

what style of music? Rock, reggae, samba, funk maybe? :P

favorite take out food? Mcdonalds.

country? Great Britain.

one really odd fact about yourself? I get really aggressive when told to play something correctly that i was told to improvise :S

how did you start drumming? I was 8 and loads of my friend played stuff like the clarinet (which i found slightly boring) i picked drums cos i got to hit stuff which looked like fun :P Mum went along with this thinking it would be a 5 minute thing and bought me a half sized kit......Big mistake on her behalf ^^ My passion for it is just increasing every day and im glad to be part of the practice of the drum kit :]
Old 05-11-2010, 04:54 PM

Hello. My name is Ted White with the Soundproofing Company. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to identify my company affiliation in my signature or not. I've sent a PM to admin for clarification.

If I can offer an opinion regarding construction options or techniques, I'll be happy to, but it's never good form to discuss individual products or brands, so I won't go there.

In looking at a few threads so farm it seems there are some very savvy people here with great advice. Maybe I can learn something.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:37 PM

How long been playing: 4 Years
Origin of user name: Called in school
Top 5 drummers: Travis Barker, Cobus Potgeiter
Make of drumkit: Pearl Forum
Make of cymbal: 2 Sabian B8, One Crashride unknown name and a Zildjian A Series.
Where do you practice: At home
Are you in a band/s: Nope.
Covers or originals: Covers
What style of music: Rock, Metal, Punk, Jazz
Favourite take out food: Kebab (turkish meal)
One really odd fact about yourself: I've broke my leg three times.
How did you start drumming: My dad took me to a drumming course, and I continued.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:46 PM

How long been playing: 7 years
Origin of user name: Nickname from my band, completely meaningless
Top 5 drummers: can't do this..changes too often
Make of drumkit: Mapex QR
Make of cymbal: Zildjian ZBT - 18crash, 16crash, 14hats, 20ride
Are you in a band/s: yes
Covers or originals: originals. have done covers in past bands though
What style of music: rock - all sorts of it. very funk based too.
Favourite take out food: indian!
One really odd fact about yourself: in the past year i've moved three times
How did you start drumming: I was in high school, I had friends who had in-school lessons and got to skipped regular lessons because of it. I did the same, but ended up really getting into it and now I'm the only one of that group who still plays.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 AM

1. real name? Victor... Vic... friend call me SLiK

2.age? 17

3.how long been playing? 3 years

4.origin of user name? Freinds call me Slik and i work out and dress fresh.

5.top 5 drummers? Lars Ulrich, Danny Carey, Joey Jordison, Wes Findley, David Wreckl, Phill Colins

6.maker of drumkit? 4-Piece Groove Percussion Drumset that sucks ass

7.maker of cymbal? Stock Cybmals, Saving for a new set.

8.where do you practice? Home

9.are you in a band/s? Reggae/Rock "Above The Heights"

10.covers or originals? Covers So far.

11.what style of music? Reggae/Rock
12.favorite take out food? BK

13. Country? US

14.one really odd fact about yourself? I could shake my eyes fast.

15. Bio: Well Im from Santa Maria, California. Im Mexican. I worry about how i dress and always match. I work out everyday plans to go to the Airforce. I do Graffiti Art, Doing it for 4 years. I started to play drums after Rock Band came out lol and i never had a lesson and thought myself on a piece of shit drumset. Im a really nice, fun, energetic guy. People say im cocky but im not and there just haters. I do boxing also. And yea pretty much it =).

15.how did you start drumming?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Silver Member

1. Real name? Kurt

2. Age? 48

3. How long been playing? since September 1973

4. Origin of user name? I am a bad ass

5. Top 5 drummers? Ringo (duh), David Garibaldi, Ian Paice, Nigel Olsson, Mitch Mitchell, Kieth Moon/John Bonham/Barrimore Barlow/Ginger Baker/Vinnie C/Dave W/BUDDY...........sheesh

6. Maker of drumkit? Mapex Saturn Birch/Walnut....smooth

7. Maker of cymbal? Z

8. Where do you practice? Home

9. Are you in a band? Rock---"Axe Envy"

10. Covers or originals? Both

11. What style of music? Rock

12. Favorite take out food? Chinese....is there another?

13. Country? US of A

14. One really odd fact about yourself? I am a fitness freak. I am in the gym daily at 5:30 AM.

15. Bio: I am from Concord, California. I live in Miami Beach. Businessman. Love triathlons. Was in the 1979 teenage Mr. California bodybuilding contest. 6 years in the US NAVY. BOOOring.

15. How did you start drumming? Pots and pans.....then in 1967 at age 5 I heard.....Sgt Peppers.......I became a drummer.

Zildjian--Mapex Saturn--Remo--DW 5000--Iron Cobra--Regal Tip AVH
Old 05-21-2010, 09:37 PM

Real name? John Coloccia

2. Age? 36

3. How long been playing? Forever

4. Origin of user name? I'll give you 3 guesses

5. Top 5 drummers? Gadd, Peart, Sucherman, Purdie, Porcaro

6. Maker of drumkit? Yamaha Absolute Maples

7. Maker of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian

8. Where do you practice? home

9. Are you in a band? nope

10. Covers or originals? My covers are quite original. Maybe original isn't the right word. Unrecognizable? That's probably more accurate.

11. What style of music? anything fun

12. Favorite take out food? It's like asking me to pick my favorite disease. Yuck.

13. Country? USA

14. One really odd fact about yourself? I hate cucumbers

15. Bio: I'm from New York, have travelled and lived quite a few places, and am now settled down in Connecticut with my beautiful and very understanding wife :)

15. How did you start drumming? Good question. I can't remember but there's a picture of me when I'm about 3 years old sitting behind a toy store drumset. That probably had something to do with it.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM

real name? Ben Harbottle
age? 16
how long been playing? About 5 years
origin of user name? It's my first name plus last name minus the "har".
top 5 drummers? In no particular order: Steve Gadd, Virgil Donati, Dave Weckl, Carmine Appice, Vinnie Colauita
make of drumkit? Sadly, Dxp Pioneer Series (Need money)
make of cymbal? Schalloch & Sabian
where do you practice? At home, In music class.
are you in a band/s? Yes, in a very diverse metal band: Backlash (Tasmania)
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? (Metal in band) Anything that feels really nice outside of band.
favourite take out food? Umm, I like Hungry Jacks
country? Australia
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm a pale guy, odd?
how did you start drumming? I heard stories about drumming in our family and it seemed everyone at school were getting behind a kit, I had to learn and show them up Haha.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:42 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS

real name - Emrah Kotan
age - 32
how long been playing - 21 years
origin of user name - my name and the Turkish word for music
top 5 drummers - Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Chris Dave, Tony Williams, Horacio Hernandez
make of drumkit - Gretsch
make of cymbal - combination of Bosphorus, Zildjian, Sabian, Wuhan and Wun Chi
where do you practice - work and home
are you in a band/s - yes
covers or originals - both
what style of music - jazz, world, latin, funk
favourite take out food - doner kebab
country - I'm Turkish living in the United States
how did you start drumming - The conservatory I went to chose the instrument for me
Old 05-25-2010, 06:30 PM

real name? Aaron McLaughlin
age? 39
how long been playing? 22 years
origin of user name? It's a combination of a song by Stavesacre and a number.
top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, Sean Kinney
make of drumkit? TAMA
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? In between bands
what style of music? Rock, Blues, Country
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I hate tambourines and whistling
how did you start drumming? By picking up the drumsticks and hitting the snare...
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 PM

Location: Land of the ice and snow, where the midnight sun and hot springs blow.

real name? Kjartan Magnusson
age? 15
how long been playing? 19 months
origin of user name? Just some bullshit...
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Keith Moon and Ian Paice
make of drumkit? Evans
make of cymbal?
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? The schoolband 8)
what style of music? Rock, Jazz, blues
favourite take out food? Domino's Pizza
country? Iceland
one really odd fact about yourself? I hate my cymbal
how did you start drumming? The usual way...spoons and pots.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 AM

real name? Jose Luis
age? 26
how long been playing? 9 years
origin of user name? the name of my business
top 5 drummers? Efrain Martinez, Tony Escapa, Nat Townsley, Diego Centeno, Paoli Mejias
make of drumkit? Sonor
make of cymbal? Zildjian A Custom
where do you practice? Home, Community Center
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Original
what style of music? Fusion Jazz
favourite take out food? Wendys
country? Puerto Rico
one really odd fact about yourself? Also play congas and latin percussion
how did you start drumming? Reading a book of how to play drums a long time ago, then I got my first drumset.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:29 AM

real name - Neil Foxworthy
age - 25
how long been playing - 5 years
origin of user name - stupid spaceghost name
top 5 drummers - Danny Carey (tool) , Bill Ward (sabbath) , Travis Orbin (periphery) , Mike Albanese (cinemechanica) , Ben Koller (converge)
make of drumkit - Tama Rockstar Custom
make of cymbal - Zildjian with Wuhan China
where do you practice - garage
are you in a band/s - yes
covers or originals - both
what style of music - metal, funk, hardcore
favourite take out food - soul food
country - usa, alabama
how did you start drumming - Too many guitarists.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

real name? Luis
age? 23
how long been playing? About a year
origin of user name? Red scare flick from the 50's
top 5 drummers? Scott Travis, Buddy Rich, Brad Wilk, Brian Downey and Bill Ward
make of drumkit? Yamaha
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? Guitar player's place
are you in a band/s? Jade Ablaze, starting a metal project
covers or originals? ORIGINALS!!!
what style of music? My main band is vintage rock
favourite take out food? Vietnamese, cheap chinese
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? Guitar player by trade
how did you start drumming? Kept bugging my drummer till he showed me some stuff
Old 05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

real name? Ryan
age? 40
how long been playing? 13 Years back in the day - 21 year hiatus - 3 months
origin of user name? Play on a nickname
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl, Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio, Vinnie Colaiuta
make of drumkit? Yamaha
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? My house & church
are you in a band/s? Worship Team Drummer at church
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? Worship / Contemporary Christian
favorite take out food? Pizza
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Never intended to play drums again when I gave it up
how did you start drumming? When in 5th grade a teacher offered lessons
Old 05-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by areFish View Post
real name? Ryan
age? 40
how long been playing? 13 Years back in the day - 21 year hiatus - 3 months
origin of user name? Play on a nickname
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl, Neil Peart, Terry Bozzio, Vinnie Colaiuta
make of drumkit? Yamaha
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? My house & church
are you in a band/s? Worship Team Drummer at church
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? Worship / Contemporary Christian
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Never intended to play drums again when I gave it up
how did you start drumming? When in 5th grade a teacher offered lessons
Hey.. nice to see you on the boards areFish!! ( was drumhedd from other forum)
Old 05-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlygates View Post
Hey.. nice to see you on the boards areFish!! ( was drumhedd from other forum)
Thank you for the welcome!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 PM

real name? Adam
age? 27
how long been playing? Since I was 6
origin of user name? I always used it because it was easy to remember
top 5 drummers? Tony Williams, Lenny White, Art Blakey, Jimmy Cobb, Buddy Rich
make of drumkit? Innovation Drums & Gretch
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? At my apartment
are you in a band/s? Yes I freelance around the Philadelphia area
covers or originals? Original Music
what style of music? Jazz/Blues/Fusion a mixture depending on who I am working for
country? USA
Old 05-28-2010, 09:26 PM

real name? Bryan Cooke
age? 25
how long been playing? 12 years with a year break for studying abroad
origin of user name? sounded somewhat humorous
top 5 drummers? Todd Sucherman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Gavin Harrison, Steve Smith, Benny Greb
make of drumkit? just ordered a Ludwig Classic Maple kit
make of cymbal? soon to be all Sabian
where do you practice? at work (recording studio)
are you in a band/s? I'm in a Third Eye Blind tribute band... because everybody's a closet 3eb fan ;) I also record with a few friends.
what style of music? rock/alternative
favorite take out food? pizza, döner kebap
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I studied abroad for a year and lost all drumming muscle memory in my right foot. I'm still trying to recover... 8 months later.
how did you start drumming? 7th grade beginner's band
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM

age? 19.
how long been playing? 12 years.
origin of user name? Sounds cute.
top 5 drummers? Dicovering new ones every day on Drummerworld.
make of drumkit? Customized Tama Rockstar (Rack) & Ludwig
make of cymbal? Stolen recently. I'm looking for new ones.
where do you practice? At work (Recording Studio)
covers or originals? Both.
what style of music? Latin, Funk/Fusion, Rock, Pop.
favourite take out food? Noodles.
country? The Netherlands.
how did you start drumming? I played percussion and started drumming in a kleshmer band.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:56 AM

how long been playing: 4 mths
origin of user name: "parents choice lol "
top 5 drummers: Nicko McBrain, Neil Peart, John Bonham, Lars Ulrich and my teacher "Nelson" who i do have mad respect about his skills.
make of drumkit: a humble generic drumkit "City, assembled by Planet" Willing to get a Pacific X7 or some other as good as.
make of cymbal: generic ones, a hi-hat and a crash/ride
where do you practice: at a room where I both work and play
are you in a band/s: Yep, my own "Parasite Killer" 3mths of band
covers or originals: Covers
what style of music: all the names that ends with "Metal" also I do enjoy blues
favourite take out food: "Lasanha"
country: Brazil (thats the explanation of so many misspellings)
one really odd fact about yourself: Im still a beginer and started studing music/drums only now (to late for ones not for me)
how did you start drumming: as far as I remember since I was a kid i used to do some beats with every kind of object and surface, only now that my parents accepted the fact that i do love to play the drums, now i take drum lessons a hour a weak and practise about 4h a day

Last edited by Ivan Dias; 05-31-2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:17 AM

real name? Scarlet
age? 14
how long been playing? Since I was 10 so.. almost three and a half years now.
origin of user name? The Who song. I dig them, see.
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Keith Moon (my personal favourite), Matt Helders, Jim McCarty and Mitch Mitchell
make of drumkit? I have a Driver kit.. I'm looking into getting Ludwig or Gretsch.
make of cymbal? I have one haha. And it came with the kit. Ideally I'd like to get some Sabian cymbals.
where do you practice? In the spare room/dining room of my home.
are you in a band/s? I was recently kicked out of one because they were better friends with the person who replaced me... :|
what style of music? I'm into rock n roll in case you couldn't tell from my top five drummers.
favourite take out food? Pizza.
country? Australia.
one really odd fact about yourself? I would like to write fantasy novels..
how did you start drumming? I wanted to go to band camp because all my friends always came back saying how fun it was. So I went to try out for the school band. First instrument I wanted to play was the flute, but it took me ages to get a sound out of it. Then I said I would like to try drums and the teacher showed me how to do a basic rock beat. I got it almost right away. Yeah cool story bro.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:28 AM

Default new to site, Clay from Jax,FL

my name is clay cannon,I am 46 yrs old been drumming for about 34 years, my dad played in high school and gave my brother and me a couple of cool old pieces, my older brother started playing in seventh grade band and I followed three years later! I grew up and live in Jacksonville,Fl, home of great acts like Skynard,Molly Hatchet,Red Jumsuit Apperatus etc, yet the local band /bar scene sucks for venues and pay!!! my fav drummers are: John bonham,dave weckl,neil peart,billy cobham,steve gadd to name a few!! I currently play with a band called The Remedy,classic rock and blues with a female singer,myself and the bass player carrying the vocals. my biggest claim to fame was opening up three differant gigs years ago for Starship, The Fabulous Thunderbirds and Kansas!! I love fusion jazz like the yellowjackets,return to foreveretc and classic rock and blues. my current drum specs are: Mapex Mars pro 5 pc marina blue, Mapex pro M caramel fade 5 pc and a 80's Premier "Royale" 7 pc in a beautiful chestnut finish, Zildjian "A's", "K's", quick beat and new beat hats and Iron Cobra single pedals! any other Mapex players out there check out the CSM mapex players website, good people like this site! thanks!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Default Hello, interweb.

Yo!
Shane here.
Currently residing in Ireland
Playing a Taye and Zildjian's.
Favourites: After The Burial, The Acacia Strain, For The Fallen Dreams, August Burns Red, All That Remains. You get the point...

Kit pics soon. Band tunes later.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:58 AM

Hi folks,

I love drumming, but basically I suck as a drummer. However I am a more or less accomplished musician and play many instruments but left music as a career at an early age after graduating from Berklee College of music and discovering work as a outdoor guide/climbing guide instructor/leader. Now I am a sound junkie and play many instruments. I am a didgeridoo maker by profession these days and have made a range of other musical instruments including drums. I live in the beautiful Colorado Rocky mountains at high elevation and winters are long and cold here. I am a drum, cymbal and gongaholic

I see many familiar people from other forums are here as well: cymbalholic, DFO Ghostnote, etc. Looks like a much wider range of tastes than the vintage crowd in general. Glad to find this place.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Welcome aboard and it must be nice to live in the Mile High Club, er, City