DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Hi all,

I'm Jules, 36 yrs old from the land downunder. I've been around drums, muso's and musical instruments virtually my whole life, due to having a father who was an active drummer throughout the 60's, 70's and 80's. Although there was always a drum to tinker around on, i started seriously getting involved in the instrument at around 15 or 16 and from 18/19 worked pretty regularly up until about 5 or 6 years ago. Marriage, family etc put me on a hiatus until recently when the fires started to burn again. I've missed muso's and muso talk and it's high time I re-immersed myself. Although not currently playing in a band situation I hope to rectify this soon and get back to doing what I love. I've been lurking this site (and several others) for about a month or so now and decided it was time to take the plunge and register (finally!!!). I have been so impressed with this site specifically as opposed to most of the others I've visited. The amount of knowledge, valuable information, tips etc etc I've been exposed to since starting to view it has been staggering. I look forward to continuing to expose myself to the fountain of knowledge that is so easily accessible here and perhaps being able to contribute and share some of my own from time to time. I just wanted to congratulate you all on making this a stand out site that I felt I wanted to join and be a part of.

Cheers.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 AM

Hi everyone,

Just want to join the group and contribute what I can. I started playing guitar when I was a teen. Later I learned to play bass. Then I learned keyboards and now I am learning drums.

It seems the drummers get all the chicks so I am looking forward to getting good.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:24 PM

Hello!

I'm Kieran.
I'm originally a guitarist of about 9 years, but the last 2 years or so
I've been getting a grip on drums. I got my first kit in march. Sonor
Force 1007. It may not be much, but I love it all the same:)

I have pretty specific music tastes, although they span a few genres.
To name a few, Meshuggah, ISIS, Biffy Clyro, Foals and Zappa.
More besides!

My favourite drummers;
Tomas Haake
Jojo Mayer
Mike Mangini
Virgil Donati
Elliot hoffman

It's good to be a part fo the drummerworld family.

Later
Old 09-21-2009, 05:14 PM

real name.....Jeff
age......35
how long been playing.......7 months
origin of user name......I play Pearl Drums and i also race as a hobby. My car number is 18 so that's how PD18 came about.
top 5 drummers........Nicko McBrain, Neal Peart, Chad Smith, Daniel Adair, Ray Luzier
make of drumkit......Pearl Forum
make of cymbal......Sabian B8 for now. Upgradeing very soon.
where do you practice.......Home
are you in a band/s.........No
covers or originals......n/a
what style of music..........I'm mostley into Classic Rock/Rock and Metal. I hate Country and Rap.
favourite take out food.......Chinese
country...........USA
one really odd fact about yourself......n/a
how did you start drumming..........It's been a life long dream to learn to play drums. When i was younger i was a bit wild and never really got around to it. Now i've settled down and i'm trying very hard to learn all i can and be as good a drummer as i can.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:57 PM

Hey everybody, I'm new here so I figured I'd give you all some information about myself.

My real name is Tom, I am 35 years old (well, close enough at least), and have been a drummer for about 1 month now (guitars for 20 years now). My user name is actually an old character name from an old RPG I used to play in high school. I believe it is just a weapon name spelled backwards, but I have yet to find anything about Katyn's in medival weaponry.

Back to music..

I am a metal head by nature, but hold an appreciation for all music, except rap. Classic Rock and Blues are my two favs outside the world of mehtul.

My current drum kit consists of a practice pad, and about 4 old college textbooks setup on a makeshift table for me to practice on until I get my first kit. My old 1500+ page Physical Chemistry book doubles as a floor tom. So I guess that would make my current kit manufacturer Scholar's Press.. They also make my cymbals. Before the end of the year I plan on getting either a Pearl Vision VBX or Yamaha Stage Custom kit, and a pack of Sabian B8 cymbals to get me going.

My influences are rather varied. My favorite drummers are (in no particular order): Phil Collins, Neal Peart, Lars Ulrich, Dave Lombardo, Igor Cavalera, and Mike Portnoy. There's more, but I usually just identify with band names than member names for my influences. Those are the names that stick out for me.

Anyway, I look forward to many a fine discusisons with all of you!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:40 PM

Hello ,

I'm Kristof Michiels, 27 years into my lifespan (and hopely lots of years ahead) !
My life in Belgium has all I need: good job (making money), perfect hobby (spending money) and all I dont' need (governement issues,... we are famous for that). My nickname has nothing to do with my life, its just a crazy idea I had years ago for nickname ... and I kept using it ;-) !

Anyway, drums !!!

I'm looking forward to meet more drummers (after I joined the PDF) and to be part of the biggest community on the web today.
I started with music a long time ago (since my 12th) playing the piano first. During my Metallica years I made the switch to guitar, however acoustic guitar didn't do it for me. I always was amazed by the energy that drummers (particulary rock-drummers) had ... the best way to feel the music !
So in 2003 (somewhere) I picked up my 1st set of drums (Mapex Mars series) and played proudly for a couple of months (breaking the one head after the other). After a while not only heads get broken (pedal and cymbalstand gave a snick) and I thought it would be a clever idea to look for a better set.

I made it to another store and came home with a Tama Rockstar 5 piece ... and its still the set I'm using today. There has been lots of things improved on both the set and me over the years: the kit did get better heads,cymbals and snares, and I have now my 4 year into drumming lessons !

Top 5 drummers: there's not really a 'best' drummer to me, but there are lots of influenses for me:

Belgium drummers: Davy Deckmijn (my teacher), Mario Goossens (Davy's teacher), Michael Schack, ...

International: Lars Ulrich (actually made me into drumming), John Tempesta, Mike Portnoy, Charlie Beanté, Dave Lombardo, Brad Wilk, ... , Gavin Harrison, Jojo Mayer, Benny Grebb, Thomas Lang, ...

Specs on my kit: later :-P

Practice: @ home and bands

Bands: 3

Styles: I like a bit of everything (except maybe country)

Take out food: Belgium frites !!!

Long story I see now ... and not even close :-P !

If you guys have any questions, I always take my time to answer ;-).

Have a nice day (or night),

Kristof
Old 09-22-2009, 03:38 PM

Hello all, new to drum forums in general, but have been playing now for about 20 years (off and on, considering 8 years spent in the military). I've recently gotten back into the swing of things, put together a new band back in my hometown and we have been writing songs. I guess there seemed to be a general format to follow with this introduction thread, so here goes...

real name.....Rob
age......35
how long been playing.......20 years
origin of user name......was in the Navy - Halon is a fire extinguishing agent used on ships, 451 degrees is the average temperature at which general combustibles (paper, etc.) will spontaneously ignite with no external spark or flame.
top 5 drummers........Danny Carey, John Bonham, Chris Pennie, Stewart Copeland, Dave Lombardo, Keith Moon, and Animal (from the Muppets) - okay that's more than 5
make of drumkit......Gretsch Catlina Series (6 piece)
make of cymbal......Sabian B8's mostly - likely upgrade to AA's soon when I have the $$
where do you practice.......Band Practice space
are you in a band/s.........Yes
covers or originals......Originals
what style of music..........Dark and heavy. Definitely of metal origins, but I like to incorporate other styles that don't fit the typical pattern, whether it's blues, world beat, tribal, jazz, you name it. Basically anything goes.
favourite take out food.......Thai
country...........USA
one really odd fact about yourself......There's a lot of odd facts about me - hard to name just one!
how did you start drumming..........It's my one true passion. I remember as a young kid, arranging my grandmother's pots and pans around me in a semi-circle trying to imitate the drums I saw on TV (I was maybe 4 or 5?), and using the cardboard inserts from those old-school coat hangers as drum sticks and whacking away on these pots and pans. Used to drive my grandparents crazy. Finally got a beat up old used kit from a kid down the street when I was 15, and have been playing ever since.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:15 PM
Gold Member

Name: Thord N.

I've been playing for 7 years. I'm mostly self-learned(with all It's ups and downs).
Currently playing in Syncosis. A Jazz/fusion/rock/funk/electronica band.

My influences are: Vinnie Colaiuta, Benny Greb, Jojo Mayer, Marco Minnemann, Steve Gadd, Damien Schmitt, Dennis Chambers and Dave Weckl.

My kit: 80's Gretsch USA Costum.
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51013

My playing: Check my posts on the playing consolidation thread(these are practices to playalongs though and not own produced material)
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...451#post615451
Old 09-23-2009, 03:14 PM

real name - Chris
age - 48
how long been playing - 15 years
origin of user name - My biggest influence on the world is on my kids. The rest is gravy.
top 5 drummers - John Bonham, Ian Paice, Jeff Porcaro, Steve Smith, Larry Mullen Jr.
make of drumkit - Sonor (Force 3000, Force 2001, Swinger)
make of cymbal - Paiste
where do you practice - I have a kit setup in my home office. It's great.... when I get off the phone with someone I can walk 15 feet and take out my frustrations.
are you in a band/s - yes, currently playing bass though (???)
covers or originals - mix
what style of music - Rock/Jazz Fusion
favourite take out food - Subway
country - U.S.A.
one really odd fact about yourself - color blind Canadian. (not sure that's really odd but...)
how did you start drumming - My original instrument was guitar (30 years) and when my kids were little I decided to get as many instruments around as possible just for them to experiment with and get the music blood flowing. So I got this drumset for free from a guy who wanted to get it out of his basement. So after I got it set up properly (another story), I started to mess around and got hooked. Drums quickly became my "first" instrument and still is to this day...with bass second and guitar now third.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 AM

didn't see this the first time!
Here we go again.

how long been playing: about 2 years, had my own kit around 6 months
origin of user name? it's my nickname. Dull!
top 6 drummers? Virgil Donati
Jojo Mayer
Tomas haake
Elliot Hoffman
Mike mangini
Aaron Harris
make of drumkit? Sonor force 1007 studio (natural finish)
make of cymbal? Sabien B8s and a Meinl classic 14" crash
where do you practice? my bedroom
are you in a band/s? Nope. Goddamn.
favourite take out food? Chinese or Mexican
country? Ireland
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm a beatboxer. and a guitarist. CRAZY!
how did you start drumming? I did 3 years of music in college, so i did some drumming
for college bands.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Name: Kalle Lindén
Plays: For the moment Tama Starclassic
Inspiration: Steve Gadd, Lars Ulrich, Billy Ward and manny more.

A link to a song recorded live in Motala Sweden this summer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHTK3LZaFyY

Me drumming on my Starclassic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryjc61mMrkc
Old 09-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Hello Everyone,

Well,I am stop here to say big HELLO to each and every member of this community. My name is Martin from California want to share my ideas and knowledge with others regarding general topics.I am happy if some one from you want to communicate with me on any issue.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinpaul12 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Well,I am stop here to say big HELLO to each and every member of this community. My name is Martin from California want to share my ideas and knowledge with others regarding general topics.I am happy if some one from you want to communicate with me on any issue.

Thanks
Welcome martin! Glad to have you aboard!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:42 PM

Hey there chaps, this would seem to be the best place for a first post.

real name? Gary McGowan
age? 23
how long been playing? 9 months
origin of user name? It came from a comic many moons ago and sort of stuck as a nickname for some reason
top 5 drummers? Peart, Rich, Mayer, Jorma Vik annnd John Bonham of course.
make of drumkit?Mapex/Roland
make of cymbal?Paiste
where do you practice?My Bedroom!
are you in a band/s?I am not, I do not believe I am ready for that just yet.
covers or originals?n/a
what style of music?I have a huge eclectic taste, but tend to gravitate toward heavier rock and indie.
favourite take out food?Pizza
country?Sweden
one really odd fact about yourself?I am very rarely able take anything too seriously. Its a blessing and a curse.
how did you start drumming? A love of music and more recently an obsession with listening to each instrument individually when listening to music, I came to realise I love the musical value of the Drums. And then I said. I want to do that.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 AM

Hi guys my name is Freddie Thomas i am 16 years old I live in Cleethorpes England. I dont yet have a drum kit but I am planning on buying one this week I have always had a huge interest in music and I just love listening to the drumming on songs such as Almost Easy, Toxicity and Scream Aim Fire in particular. I have been looking around and I have found what I think to be a good reasonable price drum kit.

Here is the link
http://www.themusicking.co.uk/devil-...-drum-kit-blue
If somebody could tell me if they agree that it is a good starter kit aswel that would be great. I also plan on buying Evans Emad Bass drum heads when I get some money.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:32 AM

Hi guys
Name: Rich
Time playing drums: 8 years
Shellst: Tama efx superstar 14" snare 10" + 14" toms and 22" bass
Hardware: Mapex hi hat stand, Tama cymbal stands, Pearl P902 double bass pedal
Cymbals: pro sonix hats, 16" crash and 20" ride 18" Zildjian Z custom projection crash (the beast)
Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM

Default Ciao a tutti! Hi everybody!

Played for how many years: from september 2009
Music style: Interested in everything, but not in too sad music, of course...!
favourite food: Pasta...
Live in: Italy
Drum kit: Pintech
Favourite band: Too many...and everyday i change! But i like bands whose music make us feel free... ;)
Favourite drummers: Buddy Rich, but i' m not into this yet... xD
Band name: No band 'til now...
Drumsticks: broken...have to buy them!
How Did i start dumming: I like feeling rythm...obvious...
Favourite website: well...i don't have one...!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 PM

real name? Miguel Rodriguez
age? 36! ugh
how long been playing? 18 years
origin of user name? Zildjian Cymbals!
top 5 drummers? Dave Weckl, Bernard Purdie, Jo Jo Mayer, Louie Belson, George Kolias
make of drumkit? Mapex Orion Classic/ Pearl Masters Custom
make of cymbal? Zildjian/ Paiste / Sabian
where do you practice? At home / LA. Downtown Rehearsal
are you in a band/s? Yes, 3, Stella's Notch, Random Ninjas, Elson and the Soul Barkada
covers or originals? both
what style of music? Metal, Rock, R&B
favourite take out food? Ono Hawaiian BBQ.
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Self taught
how did you start drumming? Since I was 5 but didn't really get into it until Freshman year of High School. Played mostly trumpet.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:22 AM

Name: Steven

What is my quest: Hmm, i dunno, play the drums, race cars on a road course... chase my lovely wife around the room 'til i catch her...

How long been playing? 20 years or so
Origin of user name? The name of my upcoming album
Top 5 drummers? Just five huh? Max Roach, Dave Weckl, Bill Bruford, Terry Bozzio and guess i had better put Neil Peart here huh (i' rather put Lionel Hampton tho).
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbal? Paiste and Sabian
Where do you practice? Livingroom
Are you in a band/s? Naaa, been offered a lot recently tho.
Covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? What style are you offering :) Traditional, historic, locational, progressive, avant-garde...
Country? Worldwide

As for me, as a longtime percussionist and drummer i could not begin to try and count the hours and playing with bands, playing along with commercially-available music and devising my own rudiments techniques in concert with the original 26 all classically-trained drummers are taught. Began playing in the early 70's. In my teens i learned how to compose, transpose and arrange. During late teens i was in front of a few recording labels in New York City after years of playing live yet my life was a bit, how shall i say this, fragmented (do the math, drummer... 1980's.... Miami). After a ten year hiatus beginning in my mid-20's, a fellow drummer sent me a drumset in my mid-30's and my love once again flourished. It evolved from a simple acoustic set to the latest and greatest Roland electronic set due to noise constraints (blasted neighbors and their complaints LOL). Now with a new home with excellent acoustic space came the opportunity to once again go acoustic.

PS: If anyone here has a line on a complete working set of Simmons SDX e-mail me. Thx.

Last edited by thtst; 10-06-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:32 PM

Hi everyone
real name? Benny, my work mates call me big ted,
age? 43
how long been playing? 2years
origin of user name? it's an austrelian thing for a john williamson song
top 5 drummers? Dave Grohl, Cam (crackers) Roach, John Dolmayan, taylor Hawkins and definitely Phil Rudd
make of drumkit? mapex and a roland
make of cymbal? Zildjian
where do you practice? out in the shed, but the roland is the house.
are you in a band/s? no
covers or originals?
what style of music? garage rock, grunge
favourite take out food? Nandos chicken
country? Australia
how did you start drumming? My youngest daughter was in a drumming program at school called drum monkeys, her teacher said she should go to a free rudiments class at our local drum shop. so i took her but she wouldn't join in unless i did. so to all my neighbours it's my daughters fault. lol
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM

real name? Ben
age? 20
how long been playing? 6-7 years
origin of user name? My middle name
top 5 drummers? Rocco Chiara (a friend), John Bohnam, Neil Peart, Joe Morello, Colin Rigsby
make of drumkit? Sonor Force 2005, Birch
make of cymbal? Zildjian Avedis Crashes and Ride, Zildjian A Custom hats
where do you practice? Sunday mornings, or when I get to go home on the weekends
are you in a band/s? No
covers or originals? Mostly covers, no band to write originals with :(
what style of music? Balls Rock, Acoustic Rock, Jazz, Classic Rock
favorite take out food? Panera
country? 'Merica
one really odd fact about yourself? I just picked up "Papercrafting" as a hobby
how did you start drumming? My two older brothers both played drums, I couldn't resist playing with their new "toys/drums"
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 PM

Hi folks. Just signed up here after reading for a few weeks.
I've just got back into drumming after a five year break and this place has been pretty invaluable to me in helping me prasctice my chops again after all this time.
I only wish drummerworld and the internet had been around when i was growing up, it would have taken all the guess work out of everything.
I've filled the little question thing out so hopefully you can all delve deep inside my psyche.
Cheers, Rich.

real name? Richard
age? 32
how long been playing? On and off since i was about five. I've retired more than a few times.
origin of user name? It was my stage name in an old band i was in years ago, its now the username i use on pretty every forum i go on.
top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Neil Peart, Kieth Moon, Mike Portnoy, Roger Taylor. The first five i can think of.
make of drumkit? Tama Rockstar
make of cymbal? Sabians and zildjians
where do you practice? In my workshop.
are you in a band/s? Yes. Just the one is more than plenty thankyou.
covers or originals? Originals.
what style of music? Rock.
favourite take out food? Indian.
country? England but i'd rather be somewhere less rubbish.
one really odd fact about yourself? If i look at the sun it makes me sneeze.
how did you start drumming? Dont know, i've just always drummed. I dont remember a time when i didnt, it was never a conscious decision like playing the guitar was.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Hey guys! I just registered a couple minutes ago and thought I should introduce my self in a thread like this... :P

Real name? Zack
Age? 12
How long been playing?: A couple months. Got a drumset around late August early September for my birthday.
Origin of user name?: This is pretty nerdy but... It popped into my head when thinking of a World of Warcraft username... Yeah I know.
Top 5 (1) drummers?: Ringo Starr, uhh... Thats it :D
Make of drumkit?: CB Drums (Bass Kick) Remo (High, Low, and Floor Toms) Pacific (Snare)
Make of cymbals?: Camber
Where do you practice?: A soundroom I helped my dad make in my garage.
Are you in a band?: Kind of, I jam with my older brother that plays guitar. Im tryin to learn the songs he does so we can play better!!!
Covers or originals?: Both. Some people make the song even better than what it used to be in my opinion.
What style of music?: Punk, Metal, Alternative, Irish Rock (Dropkick Murphys :D).
Favourite take out food: My dad's home cooking would qualify enough.
One really odd fact about yourself: I haven't used this computer 'till 5 minutes later.
How did you start drumming?: I got a practice pad as a valentines gift, and I'd play that off and on. Then I started mentioning buying an electronic drum kit. I came home from my mom's house (Parents Divorced D: ) and a bag was on the table. "Early birthday present?" I say (It was like a week before my birthday) I look in the bag and find a pair of Vic Firths (as seen in my profile pic) My dad and stepmom show me into the garage. I see a cymbal, and a bucket. To their surprise, I play a pretty nice beat on them. The walk me around the corner to the kit I have today.

I just copied and pasted the intro from the first poster.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Real name? Patricio, my family call me Pato ( it means Duck)
Age? 28
How long been playing?:About 2 months, but i played when i was a boy.
Origin of user name?: Is my real name
Top 5 (1) drummers?: Lars Ulrich, Alex Gonzalez, Mike Portnoy, Charly Alberti and Vinnie Colaiuta.
Make of drumkit?: Premier Artist Birch 22/12/13/16 and Pork Pie Pig Lite snare 14*7".
Make of cymbals?: Sabian AAX Stage Crash 16", AA Metal-X HH 14", B8Pro Medium Ride 20", China 18" Hand Made by me, Stagg Black Metal 18" Crash.
Where do you practice?: My bedroom.
Are you in a band?: No.
Covers or originals?: Covers.
What style of music?: Any.
How did you start drumming? I started when i was about 15-16 years old.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:14 AM

real name? Sam
age? 49
how long been playing? Just Starting
origin of user name? Sam Snead the Golfer
top 5 drummers? TBD
make of drumkit? Mapex Pro M Special Edition Blue Zebra
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? Home
are you in a band/s? No
covers or originals?
what style of music? Jazz, Blues, Country, Classic Rock
favourite take out food?
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself?
how did you start drumming? Doing things with my Son

Hi,

I just started, but I play guitar. My son wants to learn drums, so we are doing it together. I just pick up a set of Mapex Pro M Special edition Blue Zebra. Thanks to all the posts it helped with research for my kit.

Last edited by Slaminsam; 12-03-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:42 PM

real name? Missy
age? A real southern lady wouldn't dream of revealing her true age!
how long been playing? Couple of months
origin of user name? My little dog. He's a Maltipoo.
top 5 drummers? Don't really follow drummers but John Bonham and Steve "Machine Gun" Smith come to mind. Oh and my friend Mike the Musician who is helping me along.
make of drumkit? Percussion Plus
make of cymbal? Same crappy ones that came w/the Percussion Plus kit
where do you practice? Basement
are you in a band/s? hopefully some day, just for fun
covers or originals? N/A
what style of music? Mostly classic rock and southern rock
favourite take out food? Thai
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm kind of a Math nerd. I have an MBA in Finance and am a licensed Stockbroker (No longer in the business thankfully!)
how did you start drumming? Always wanted to pick it up but never made any effort to do it. Broke my wrist a few months back in a riding accident and had to give that up for a while so I had alot of time on my hands (er,...hand). Decided to finally start learning to play. Also thought it would be good physical therapy after the wrist surgery. I'm having too much fun and it keeps me out of trouble!

Last edited by Malti; 10-17-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM

real name? Andrew

age? 17

how long been playing? Played 13-15, broke my kit by hammering the hell out of it and now only just getting back into it after a 2 years of not having enough money for new ones.

origin of user name? My cymbal brand and my year of birth.

top 5 drummers? Travis Barker, Niko McBrain, Roger Taylor, Steve Jocz, Tré Cool (Can you tell I'm a pop punk kid? ;))

make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina Club Rock in Silver Sparkle

make of cymbal? Sabian AA Metal-X, 14" Hats, 18"/19" Crashes, 20" Ride.

where do you practice? Bedroom

are you in a band/s? Yup.

covers or originals? Covers.

what style of music? Pop Punk, classic rock, classic metal.

favourite take out food? Italian.

country? England.

one really odd fact about yourself? I'm a leftie on a rightie kit.

how did you start drumming? Saw adverts for lessons at school, and took it up. 4 Years later still at it, breaking sticks weekly in the process!
Old 10-12-2009, 02:01 AM

real name? - Mike
age? - 14
how long been playing? - 6 years
origin of user name? - I'm a calm person, but I'm actually quite angry on the inside.
top 5 drummers? - John Bonham, Buddy Rich, Mitch Mitchell, Jimmy Chamberlain, Stewart Copeland.
make of drumkit? - Tama
make of cymbal? - No preference, as long as it sounds good.
where do you practice? - Bedroom
are you in a band/s? - Trying to start one with my friends, but in my school's marching band.
covers or originals? - Covers
what style of music? - Rock, jazz, blues, funk, prog, ska, punk, everything.
favourite take out food? - Hard to decide...
country? - USA
one really odd fact about yourself? - I can make my tounge into the shape of a clover.
how did you start drumming? - I always wanted to learn an instrument and when I was maybe 6 or so, my grandmother bought me an electronic drum (it was just small black box with four pads on it and songs and beats you could play along with) and after a while, I decided I wanted to learn to play the drums. I went from that little black box, to a First Act kit, to a Tama Imperialstar and teaching lessons.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 AM

hey guys, new member here. i was on a specific dummer forum for a while, but wanted to broaden. so here i am!

real name? Ethan
age? 18
how long been playing? 8 years
origin of user name? van halen!
top 5 drummers?peart, donati, gadd, rich, mangini
make of drumkit? yamaha
make of cymbal? sabian
where do you practice? in my room
are you in a band/s?just church praise band atm
covers or originals? n/a
what style of music? i play christian rock, listen to all kinds of rock
favourite take out food? chinise
country? United States
one really odd fact about yourself? i have a twin brother
how did you start drumming? my dad taught me when i was 10 because he needed someone to jam with!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:38 PM

Location: Moline Il. Home town of Louie Bellson. He & his family were great friends of me & my family.
Default I'm Back

Hey Guys I'm Joe Newberry. I was nick named Joker when I was born cause my dad & brother said I looked like him. I have'nt been too active on the site too much the past few years but I'm gettin older now (I'll be 71) & I plan to be more active. I've got the neatest site. I dont mean to be bragging too much but I've posted a lot of videos & stuff I learned and I plan to do a lot more now that I have time. Check me out at http://www.luckysoft.net I was lucky enough to get to hang with Louie Bellson for about a decade & have known his family since the early 60"s Thats a picture of his first set of Remo drums on my profile.They made the Bass drums too small so I got them from him used. His brother Frank was my best friend before he died & his brother Tony was the coolest drummer also. I'm gonna make the PASIC this year. I never been there. Keep the rythym going guys. Send me emails Joe@luckysoft.net
Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 AM

real name- Patrick Gallagher
age- 17
how long been playing- started kit at the age of 13
origin of user name- My nickname with friends, you should see me run through the snow ;)
top 5 drummers- Joey Jordison, dave Weckyl (excuse my spelling), Dennis chambers, Neil Pert, and Tyler Brown (my drummer idol from school).
make of drumkit- Mapex Mars series
make of cymbal- Zildjian ZBT
where do you practice- On my kit, In my basement.
are you in a band/s- Jazz band, Concert band, Jazz combo at the moment.
covers or originals- Covers. Eventually originals.
what style of music- Jazz, Latin, Funk, Rock,Metal, and everything and anything else.
favourite take out food- Chinese or A&W (mmm greasy, sweaty burgers)
country- Canada
one really odd fact about yourself- I'm supposed to be doing math homework right now.
how did you start drumming- age 10 in a conga circle.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:25 AM

Default Re: I'm Back

Hi everyone,

I am Sameul and this is my first forum entry here.. Since I am new to forum community and I feel I am in midst of my own learning curve. I feel sometimes, that I have to learn a lot, hope you guys have patient on me.Thank you for sharing the post.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: I'm Back

Love your avatar, Joe. When I played twin kicks, that's what I did, more times than not. 1 up, 2 down, double bass. Welcome, both you guys.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:29 AM

real name? Doesn't matter
age? 39
how long been playing? Since 1982
origin of user name? Back of a receptacle
top 5 drummers? They are all tops in my book
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? Basement
are you in a band/s? Not no more...soon maybe
covers or originals? Whichever
what style of music? Rock and melodic metal
favourite take out food? Susi
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? No confidence
how did you start drumming? On the back of the passenger seat in my dad's car
Old 10-17-2009, 03:51 PM

real name? Phil Bloxam
age? 51
how long been playing? close to 40 years
origin of user name? Real Name
top 5 drummers? Lang, Minneman, Phillips, Donati, Grant Collins
make of drumkit? Pearl, Slingerland
make of cymbal? Paiste, Meinl
where do you practice? Recording Studio
are you in a band/s? A few
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? Jazz, Metal, Fusion
favourite take out food? Gyro
country?USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Don't know
how did you start drumming? The solo for wipe-out got me hooked
Old 10-18-2009, 05:02 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS

real name - My name is Filip
age - Im 16 years old
how long been playing - I've been playing for a year and a half
origin of user name - Well, f stands for filip and meshtar is some kind of croatian slang to call a master because my surname is mestrovic. dumb yeah.
top 5 drummers - Jojo Mayer, Ydna Murd, Steve Gadd, Johnny Rabb & Kruno Levačić
make of drumkit - Sonor Swinger - one of the first made, it is produced exactly 39 years ago, october of 1970.
make of cymbal - Paiste
where do you practice - At home in our guest room and when i practice with a band we're in a rented house shared with few more local bands.
are you in a band/s - yup
covers or originals - originals
what style of music - Drum and Bass (im just a beginner,have to learn a lot about dnb), Funk, Trip Hop, Experimental mostly.. At home i like to play along Pop Rock, gives me freedom.
favourite take out food - Vegeterian
country - Croatia
one really odd fact about yourself - Im vegeterian, agnostic and i dont like summer which most of the people considers weird.
how did you start drumming - I wanted to play drums since age of 8,9 but my parents thought its just a phase so they're wrong, my aunt got me a drum kit and im not planning to stop
Old 10-18-2009, 06:24 PM

Hey guys and gals just wanted to let you know the new website is up and running. Feel free to take a look.

www.ryanbarclay.net
Old 10-20-2009, 07:14 AM

Location: Moline Il. Home town of Louie Bellson. He & his family were great friends of me & my family.

hey guys check out all my videos on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ_lZ0E9Nv0

Also my web site.
http://www.luckysoft.net

That set of drums I use for my Avitar are actually Louie Bellsons first set of Remo Drums. They made the Bass drums two small but he used them many times. I have the cases too with all the shipping labels.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:38 PM

Hi All, nice to make your acquaintances :-)

real name? Stuart
age? 45
how long been playing? 28 years, and boy are my arms tired.
origin of user name? I like aeroplanes.
top 5 drummers? Steve Gadd, Phil Collins, Bill Bruford, Steve White, Greg Bissonette.
make of drumkit? Premier Signia / Yamaha 8000
make of cymbal? Sabians/Zildian/Paiste
where do you practice?In my studio, in a specially converted shed
are you in a band/s? Yup, 2
covers or originals? 1 band all original, 1 covers.
what style of music? I'll play anything.
favourite take out food? Indian.
country? UK
one really odd fact about yourself? I made a full size dalek for Russell T Davies.
how did you start drumming? Wanted to get girls, and school only had one other drummer.Then I fel in love with it.

Thar ye goes. That's me in a nutshell, drum wise.
Other info - I am now learning guitar, live with the wonderful Mary near Manchester UK and am a team coach for a well known international entertainment business.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:54 PM

real name - Nathan
age - 18 years old
how long been playing - around 2 and a half years
origin of user name - my favorite brand of drums are tama's
top 5 drummers - Mitch Mitchell, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, John Bonham, Andrea Vadrucci (AKA Vadrum)
make of drumkit - Tama Swingstar
make of cymbal - Paiste
where do you practice - Friends Garage
are you in a band/s - no
covers or originals - originals
what style of music - Jazz,classic rock,blues,metal
favourite take out food - chinese
country - US
one really odd fact about yourself - I'm really random
how did you start drumming - My brother got me playing
Closed Thread