DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 10:33 PM

Default That`s me Michael Zagon

Father Charly Wiltshire (died 2005) put the foundation-stone of his impact things the career, so to Michael Zagon, to be which knew to inspire its son as large swing and buddy rich fan in the infancy for this kind of music. Thus it appeared for Michael already very early that he would probaly strike the drums. A kindersnare which its father gave him to the birthday, marked then the actual beginning of the efforts of the young Michael to bring it sometime to the professional drummer. Into which musical direction this striving would go mainly determined then a LP which gave to hear Michael's sister Christel it a daily, and which its entire musical conception of the world with a mark placed completly on the head: Made in Japan of Deep Purple - polarized, with the great drumsolo of Ian Paice The MULE. At school Michael could later, instead of participating on the religous education, to visit a music teacher, who gave him its first impact things instruction. First live experiences and soon then also the next milestone in the career of the engaged Drummers followed: The first studio recording. This brought Michael then also to a hurdle: Click-tightness in Drumming!! Since this experiences Michael plays both with its exercises and in the studio exclusive with a clicktrack or a loop. By enthusiastic and hard training it succeeded to Michael within short time to be applicable by its clicktight at any time and everywhere also without long samples with it unknown musicians. Michael lived several years in Berlin. During this time he dedicated himself to the most different music styles, from avant-garde (easily on a drumkit made of metal) to skirt / pop (singer- songwriter) Also it parallel to its own commitments and his training, took further instruction with various teachers.In the last years Michael dedicated itself to among other things different volume projekts, did however never to take also further with the most different teachers instruction always anxious, to become acquainted with new techniques already well known techniques to improve and its personal style further develop. This culminates momentarily in the attendance of the Ecole de batterie, who teaches the D' Dante Agostini school.For over one decade Michael is active also as impact things teachers.

Education: Music-School Berlin Kreuzberg, Buddy Hoffmann, Andreas Griefiengholt, Uwe Petersen, Sven Kopatz (Ecole de Batterie Osnabrück) workshops with Steve Smith, Chester Thompson, Dom Famularo.

Name: Michael Zagon-

Live experience: Over 300 gigs-

Double bass: yes-

Styles: All facets of modern music-

Click-tightness: Distinguished

Route experience: Yes

Equiqment: Custom sticks ( be endorsed) Sonor drums ddrum acoustic drums,Tama Iron Cobra twin pedal,Hardcase cases, Behringer mixingdesk,and behringer virtualizer pro,& powerplay headphone amp, beyerdynamic microphones, Gibraltar Racksystem, Masterwork Cymbals, Remo Drumheads, ddrum trigger-

You can hire me for studio sessions live appearence and touring..

Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 AM
(sic)chic

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please use this thread to introduce yourself

Name? Reina.
Age? Fourteen.
Been playing for? One year.
Origin of username? I love SlipKnoT and I'm a girl.
Top 5 drummers? My top two are Joey Jordison and Phil Collins.
Make of drumkit? Don't have one.
Make of cymbal? I want Paiste alphas.
Where do I practice? School.
Am I in a band? No.
Covers or originals? Dunno.
What style of music? Rock & any all metal.
Favourite take out food? KFC & Pizza.
Where am I from? New Zealand.
An odd fact about myself? I'm a real retard, and I'm so stupid.
How did I begin drumming? I originally was a guitar freak but when a teacher at school put a pair of drum sticks in my hand I fell in love.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:32 AM

Name? Jody LeCompte
Age? Eighteen.
Been playing for? Music - 4 years, Percussion 2 weeks
Origin of username? It's my name, I'm just not terribly creative.
Top 5 drummers? Drummers: Steve Jordon, Steve Gadd, Jack DeJohnette, Chris Coleman, and Tony Rooster, Jr. Percussionist: Bobatunde, Daniel Sadownick, Tim Donavan, Arturo Stable, David Silliman
Make of drumkit? I don't play kit. My djembe is a custom build by a maker located somewhere in jolly o' Africa. I was introduced to him through a percussion graduate aide at the local university.
Make of cymbal? None, but I've got a piggy bank for a Sabian HXX to do some mixed percussion.
Where do I practice? I do most of my practice mentally. I practice my heel-toe anywhere with a flat surface. Everything else takes place in the attic at home.
Am I in a band? Two at the moment. A Primus meets Peeping Tom style band in which I play guitar and djembe, and an acoustic side project that I play fretless bass in.
Covers or originals? Either or. I'd be anal to feel stronger about my work than anyone elses
What style of music? Anything really. I have a weird trait of listening to entire albums because I like one cymbal the drummer uses or a singer strikes my fancy when they use their falsetto. Predominately though I'm just into jam and groove oriented music. Gospel, R&B, Jazz, Blues, and Funk.
Where am I from? NOLA, Louisiana.
An odd fact about myself? I get my days mixed up and come off as a compulsive liar because of such.
How did I begin drumming? I started playing bass at a pretty young age, then later picked up guitar. I was always more fascinated with the rhythmic possibilities of playing melodics and focused less on the actual notes. My studies ran deeper and deeper and ultimately I came straight to the source. Percussion. I was sitting down to lunch at a friends house and he mentioned having a friend whose business partner works in Africa buildings djembes. I pulled the trigger and ran with it,
Old 08-09-2008, 12:34 AM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS

real name - Kyle Cochran
age - 14
how long been playing - 3 1/2 years
origin of user name - Ludwig Speed king pedal, The greatest I've used
top 5 drummers - John Bonham, Tony Williams, Neil Peart, Ringo, Steve Gadd
make of drumkit - Ludwig Accent CS Custom
make of cymbal - Sabian, Paiste
where do you practice - In our home studio
are you in a band/s - EDIT: 8/31- yes, White River.
covers or originals - n/a
what style of music - Funk, Blues, Rock
favourite take out food - IN N OUT!!!
country - The United States of America
one really odd fact about yourself - I can hold 73 Gold Fish in my mouth

Last edited by LM201; 09-01-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 AM

hello i'm new here, and really want to thank the people who spent time building this site. amazing place indeed.

name: kemal Büyükyüksel

how long been playing: 4 years

origin of user name: something i randomly thought up

top 5 drummers: dave weckl, art blakey, max roach, buddy rich, elvin jones

i dont have any cymbals or drumkits at the moment since i cant perform at clubs for another year, i cant use them at home at all of course because of the noise. but i own an electric drum set made by yamaha (dtexplorer).

where do you practice: i mostly practice with my electric drum set, at home

are you in a band: yes i am, at the moment i'm in a fusion band.

covers or originals: its a mix, we create a lot of new stuff and cover some classics

what style of music: jazz, fusion, blues

favourite take out food: the great kebab

one really odd fact about yourself: i make strange noises when im in bathroom, i guess i feel free

how did you start drumming: a friend of mine, was taking lessons and i thought i should do something nice with my free time aswell, hell i never thought it would go this far tho :) im glad about it dont get me wrong
Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Name? Sam Christou
Age? 15
Been playing for? 7 yrs
Origin of username? My initials
Top 5 drummers? Joey Jordison, Casey Grillo, Travis Barker, Dr C.H.U.D, Neil Peart
Make of drumkit? DDrum Diablo Death Punx with 2 double bass gibraltar drum racks put together in a cool way :) and an Alesis DM5 Pro kit with surge cymbals as my electric kit
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Paiste and Stagg
Where do I practice? Home and School
Am I in a band? Yep
Covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Metal, Thrash, Punk
Where am I from? London
An odd fact about myself? I can fit 4 chocolate digestives in my mouth at once and eat them :p
How did I begin drumming? I played bass for a year n saw my m8 on a drumkit, had a go and immediately fell in lovce with drums, n ive been playing solidly ever since :)
Old 08-16-2008, 06:55 AM

real name? John Lake

age? 15

how long been playing? Four years.

origin of user name? I love blast beats man... Extreme metal all the way.

top 5 drummers? Derek Roddy, George Kollias, Inferno, Tomas Haake, Hellhammer

make of drumkit? Dixon.

make of cymbal? Sabian.

where do you practice? My basement.

are you in a band/s? My band Arcatherion just got back together: http://www.myspace.com/arcatherion. (I recently also started up a technical melodic progressive death metal band)

covers or originals? Originals, the odd cover.

what style of music? Brutal Death Metal (the style of my band). I personally am an all-out metal head, some of my favorite bands are: Hate Eternal, Behemoth, Opeth, Nile, Cryptopsy, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Pantera, Slayer, Meshuggah, The Berzerker, Dimmu Borgir...

favourite take out food? Pizza all the way.

country? Canada.

one really odd fact about yourself? No clue... I'm the only extreme metal drummer my age in Halifax?

how did you start drumming? Like lots of people, pots and pans, whatever I could get my hands on. I got a set of bongos when I was little, and I beat the hell out of them... Eventually I convinced my parents to help me get a drum set and I've never looked back.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 PM

Name? Ragen
Age? 23
Been playing for? One month, but I'm learning FAST!
Origin of username? I ride a bobbed out Harley and I'm into bikes/cars.
Top 5 drummers? 1. Chris Adler of Lamb of God, 2. John Boecklin of Devildriver, 3. Thomas Haake of Meshuggah, 4. Ray Herrera of Fear Factory, and 5. Tim Yeung of Hate Eternal/Divine Heresey.
Make of drumkit? Tama Imperialstar - Aquarian Superkick II bass pack, Aquarian Hi-Energy snare head, Evans Black series tom heads, crappy Gammon double kick pedal (Axis A series longboards on the way!)
Make of cymbal? Meinl HCS 14" hi-hats, 12" china, 16" crash, 20" ride, and a 9" Zildjian Custom Hybrid Splash (that I LOVE!).
Where do I practice? Home, work, in the car, at the store, in my sleep, in the bathroom, and anywhere else I POSSIBLY can!
Am I in a band? Not yet, but soon!
Covers or originals? Covers for now.
What style of music? Metal, Metalcore, Alternative, some Punk.
Where am I from? Phoenix, AZ.
An odd fact about myself? I can fix ANYTHING!
How did I begin drumming? I've played guitar for over 10 years, and I've always had an itch to learn drums, but living situations and outside influence prevented it until a month ago. Since I bought my kit I haven't spent more than 8 hours (for sleep, lol) away from something resembling a drum since. I even bought Futz practice pedals and a ProMark XPad for work!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:54 AM

Name? Cheyenne

Age? 17

Been playing for? 5 years

Origin of username? Nightwish song.

Top 5 drummers? Danny Carey, Martin Lopez, John Bonham, Neil Peart, Stewart Copeland.

Make of drumkit? PDP EZ series (currently only using as a 4-piece set), Pearl Forum Series snare. Currently I use Remo on all drums except the bass (Evans).

Make of cymbal? Paiste Sound Formula Thin China (20"), Paiste Alpha Sound Edge High-Hats (14"), Zildjian ZHT Fast Crash (16"), Sabian B8 Crash Ride (18").

Where do I practice? Home for the most part, I have a den specially set up for my drums and guitars in the back of my house.

Am I in a band? Been in a few, but currently just a fill-in.

Covers or originals? Covers, can't get enough of em'.

What style of music? Metal, classic rock, progressive rock.

Where am I from? Dallas, Tx

An odd fact about myself? I have an interest in collecting incense.

How did I begin drumming? Well, I started out on guitar at the age of nine. Then at twelve I decided I wanted to learn drums and get a set due to John DeSalvo from 16Volt. I've been playing ever since I got my kit for Christmas that year.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Name? Rimshot1

Age? 52

Been playing for? 7 years

Origin of username? My fav sound on a snare

Top 5 drummers? Too many to name but let's not forget "Animal"

Make of drumkit? Tama Swingstar

Make of cymbal? Paiste 402's/various other makes. Prefer using complete sets of the same make.

Where do I practice? Home for the most part.

Am I in a band? Been in a few, but currently doing sessions for sick drummerz locally!

Covers or originals? Covers mostly, prefer a variaty of styles.

What style of music? jazz bluez reggae n country MOD

Where am I from? London UK

An odd fact about myself? Never ever thought about this one. Pass.

How did I begin drumming? I started out banging sticks on the furniture at home making dents as I went along. Cannot stop myself from tapping on a table to this day and stomping my feet!

[/quote]..."The more you drink, the better I sound"
Old 08-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Name? David Richards

Age? 35

Been playing for? 25 years

Origin of username? name of my company

Top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich; Ronnie Verrell ("Animal"); Dom Famularo; Nicko McBrain; Dave Grohl

Make of drumkit? 3 vintage Premier Kits (1 from 50's, 1 from early 60's ("Pre International) and 1 from 70's); Yamaha DTXpress IV Special. Looking for a new kit, very impressed with PDP X7. Mix of Yamaha, Tama and Pearl Snares

Make of cymbal? Zildjian for Kit, mix of older A and modern A custom and K's. I love my 13" K/Z Hi-Hats. Orchestral- 22" K Germanic, Vintage 18" zildjians and 20" Sabian Viennese clash cymbals

Where do I practice? At home and at the studio where I teach

Am I in a band? Only a Brass Band at the moment

Covers or originals? Any, I'm not fussy!

What style of music? Heavy Metal, rock, funk, jazz, hiphop, pop, classical, musicals, I love a wide and eclectic range.

Where am I from? Born in Cardiff, Wales, moved to Bradford, West Yorkshire in 2007.

An odd fact about myself? I am a qualified rugby union referee.

How did I begin drumming? Pulling pots and pans out of the cupboards and playing them with wooden spoons, then started lessons as an orchestral percussionist and a year later started kit lessons with a friend of my dad's from the cabaret circuit. And i've been afflicted by the drumming disese ever since. (And I Love IT!)

[/quote]... "Many of the truths we believe in depend solely upon our point of view" (paraphrased from Obi Wan Kenobi - The Return of the Jedi)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:48 PM

real name? Nick
age? 27
how long been playing? About a year.
origin of user name? A disambiguation of the word awesome, and my favorite number.
top 5 drummers? Stewart Copeland, Buddy Rich, Topper Headon, Dave Witte, Toshiaki Sudoh
make of drumkit? Pearl Forum
make of cymbal? Paiste, Beverly
where do you practice? My basement.
are you in a band/s? No
covers or originals?
what style of music?
favourite take out food? Chipotle Burritos
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself?I own 2, 3 legged cats.
how did you start drumming? My fingers don't articulate well enough to play the bass guitar.

Hello everyone. I am new to the site. I have been drumming for a year or so now and enjoy it very much. I take lessons at George's Drum Shop here in Akron Ohio. From time to time I'll post links to their newsletter about deals and events if that's cool. I look forward to joining the community, discussing drums, learning and contributing whatever I can.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 PM

real name - Jason Schenk
age - 40
how long been playing - Drumming all my life and Piano since 6
origin of user name - Mom
top 5 drummers - Nicko McBrain, Neal Peart, Danny Carey, Nick Mason, Craig Nunemacher
make of drumkit - Gretch Catalina's
make of cymbal - Paiste
where do you practice - Band Room / Stage
are you in a band/s - Not at the moment.
covers or originals - Both
what style of music - Rock / Metal
favourite take out food - Anything Japanese
country - The United States of America
one really odd fact about yourself - I can ride a unicycle
Old 08-24-2008, 04:52 AM
Gold Member

Name? Jim Ferguson

Age? 47

Been playing for? still waiting on my kit arrives 09/10/2008, but I have played on everything else for 38 years

Origin of username? love drums so (drumhead) and born in 61 so drumhead61

Top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Nate Morton, JoJo Mayer, Gavin Harrison, Gregg Bissonette

Make of drumkit? Ludwig Custom CS Power

Make of cymbal? Paiste

Where do I practice? Bonus Room in the House.

Am I in a band? Give me time we will make that happen!

Covers or originals? LOL beginners.

What style of music? jazz, fusion, rock

Where am I from? San Diego, CA

An odd fact about myself? I use to play drums on the back of an old acoustic guitar...never did strum that thing but it had an awesome sound otherwise!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Pioneer Member

UPDATED:

real name? Pete

age? 38

how long been playing? twenty four years

origin of user name? I was the drummer in a band called "Godsword" Thus: "Drumsword"

top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Neil Peart, Ken Mary, Dave Weckl, Frankie Banali

make of drumkit? Gretsch, DDRUM, and Keller (3 sets)

make of cymbal? Zildjian, Wuhan

where do you practice? In the Barn or at one of my friends house

are you in a band/s? Not at moment, but have been for 20+ years. Just released my own cd.

covers or originals? Originals

what style of music? rock, Funk, R&B, Christian Rock, Little Bit O Jazz

how did you start drumming? Saw my bro play and was bitten by the drum bug.

Where am I from? Waterville, Maine

An odd fact about myself? I lift cars for a hobby, or used to until my surgery last month for my injured knee, but probably will continue to do so anyway...........

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Old 08-26-2008, 11:36 PM

NAME - Lead
AGE- 41
BEEN PLAYING FOR - off & on for 15 yrs
ORGIN OF MY USER NAME - long standing chat name
TOP 5 DRUMMERS - Peter Criss , Alex Van Halen , Raymond Herrera , Vinnie Paul & Dave Grohl
MAKE OF DRUM KIT - Ludwig Accent Series
MAKE OF CYMBALS - Sabian
WHERE DO I PRACTICE - at home in my garage
AM I IN A BAND - on & off with them
COVERS OR ORIGINALS - I do both
WHAT STYLE OF MUSIC - hard rock
WHERE AM I FROM - California , U.S
AN ODD FACT ABOUT MYSELF - I'm a certified scuba diver
HOW DID I BEGIN DRUMMING - always liked the sound of drums , so I wanted to play
QUOTE - you only live once , enjoy & take advantage of as much as you can
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 AM

Name: Ryan Myers
Make of Kit: Pearl Export Series
Cymbals: Zildjan
In a band: I wish!
Influences: Buddy Rich, Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, John Bonham, Keith Moon.
Style: Rock/Prog/Little Bit O'Metal
Practice Space: Basement
Live south of Chicago, Been Drumming for about 7 years. Constantly in search of a guitar player to get a band going.
Serious audiophile. Record some decent stuff, for a basement rig.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:12 AM

real name - Joshua James Griffus

age - 26

how long been playing - Grew up with a brother and sister being HS drummers and beyond...just got my own kit about...oh, 6 months ago or so. having been a bassist and guitarist for about 8 years I've got a good outlook on the kit and what I would want out of a drummer.

origin of user name - I love to drum foo'!

top 5 drummers -
1. Dominic Howard
2. Myles Heskitt
3. Ryan Dusick
4. Alan White (Oasis)
5. Larry Mullen Jr

make of drumkit - Mapex Pro-M Rock in the cherry fade finish

make of cymbal - Meinl starter cymbals...this tax season i'm spring for the Zildjian's I want.

where do you practice - Practice mostly at my house in my room (my wife is angelic for being more than happy to let me put my kit in our room) but I'll haul my kit to anyones basment for a good jam.

are you in a band/s - I've got a few cats I jam with but no solid bands right now.

covers or originals - I've got no problems with covers but I'll never be in an all cover bar band...ever.

what style of music - Ehhhh...rock music. That encompasses a LOT so I'm cool with that I suppose. See my favorite drummers for a feel of my musical leanings...

favourite take out food - Gormet steak burrito from the Border Grill

country - I'm from the USA but only a few generations back my family came from just about 70 mile ring around London (both sides apparently).

one really odd fact about yourself? I HATE noodles. I do not discriminate...I hate them all!

how did you start drumming - I've always been madly in love with music, drumming was a thing I never thought I would ever have the skill to do when I was a kid so I never got to it....I now realize that was a load of crap and I have overcome my fears and got myself a kit. I'm as in love as I have ever been. :) :) :)
Old 08-30-2008, 04:10 PM

real name? Stuart

age? 15

how long been playing? Nearly three years

origin of user name? "5-0" is a skateboard grind trick. It's the username I chose for myself when I used to play THPS3 a while ago.

top 5 drummers? (no order) Mitch Mitchell, Chad Smith, Dave Grohl, Brad Wilk, Taylor Hawkins.

make of drumkit? CBdrums :(

make of cymbal? Sabian

where do you practice? My room, with the darn pads on.

are you in a band/s? Not really...my friend plays guitar, we sometimes jam together, that's as far as it gets, can't find anyone else commited.

covers or originals? N/A

what style of music? General rock...I dunno...

favourite take out food? Indian

country? England

how did you start drumming? When I started high school, I wanted lessons so I took them. Didn't know I'd feel so much as passion as I do now.

An odd fact about myself? Hmm...I have never seen ET?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM

real name? Dylan

age? 22

how long been playing? I've played percussion since I was 10, got my first drum set two years later

origin of user name? abr is the abbreviation of a band. 1-27-08 is a special date for me

top 5 drummers? Hmm, off the top of my head, some of my favorite drummers to watch are Buddy Rich, Dennis Chambers, Dave Turncrantz, Matt Greiner, and Blake Richardson.

make of drumkit? percussion plus, bleh

make of cymbal? Zildjian and Paiste

where do you practice? In my bedroom

are you in a band/s? Me and one of my friends (guitar player) have created a bunch of songs, but we're not really officially a band. I've played with a worship band in the past but we're not "together" anymore either.

covers or originals? I enjoy creating my own stuff

what style of music? I love to listen to a lot of different styles but it's just too much fun to play hard rock on the drums

favourite take out food? Mexican

country? US

how did you start drumming? When I was a kid I would bang on pots, pans, ice cream buckets, etc. I finally joined a concert band when I was 10 and played the snare drum plus all the other auxiliary percussion. I received my first (and still current) set at 12, and have been playing ever since.

An odd fact about myself? I must be pretty boring; I can't think of anything right now
Old 09-01-2008, 03:50 AM

real name? - Marc
age? - 23
how long been playing? 6 Years
origin of user name? - Band Name
top 5 drummers? - Josh Freese.
make of drumkit? - Pearl
make of cymbal? - Sabian.
where do you practice? - Living Room!!
are you in a band/s? - Yes, Sungazer!!
covers or originals? - Originals
what style of music? - Rock, Alternative.
favourite take out food? - I love subs, but not Subway subs...
country? - Candian.
one really odd fact about yourself? - I play hockey all year round!!! :D
how did you start drumming? - Grade 7 music class. Moved away @ the end of the year, and only picked them up again when I was 18.

Woot!
Old 09-01-2008, 04:16 AM
Platinum Member

Age. 45.
I've been playing drumset for approx 30 years. Percussion for 20 years.
Favorite drummers. Steve Gadd. Buddy Rich. Tony Williams. David Garibaldi. Harvey Mason. Mike Clarke. Ziggaboo Modeliste. Al Jackson jnr. Elvin Jones. Dennis Chambers. All the James Brown drummers. Too many more to name. These guys just came to mind.

Favorite percussionists. Alex Acuna. Changuito. Poncho Sanchez. Mongo Santamaria. Giovanni Hidalgo. Airto. Carlinhos Brown. Marcos Suzano. Again too many more to name.

I own many brands of drums including Pearl, Gope, Sonor, Ludwig, Yamaha, Tama, RMV, Le Soprano, Brady, LP, Bauer, African percussion, Afro, lots of no name ethnic stuff and all sorts of percussion.

Cymbals: All major brands.

I practice at home and at the school where I teach. I play congas bongos and small percussion at home such as frame drums, berimbau and noise makers. Drumset at the school.

Job: Freelance player and teacher for a music school.

I play all styles. Favorites are jazz, funk, soul, rock and latin and African.

Favorite take out is Asian food.

Odd fact. I'm a pastor.

Always drummed. Even with pencils as a kid. Possibly because of my mother's love of Gene Krupa.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:44 PM

Name? Jak Garratt

Age? 15

Been playing for? Nearly 4 years.

Origin of username? My name!

Top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Nate Morton, JoJo Mayer, Gavin Harrison, Gregg Bissonette

Make of drumkit? Sonor Force 505 (Soon to be Mapex Saturn)

Make of cymbal? Sabian

Where do I practice? Bed room

Am I in a band? Yep. Only just started practising with them

What style of music? rock / alternative

Where am I from? Nottingham England

An odd fact about myself? In my other life I am a cat that eats frogs legs at midnight.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 AM

Real name? Ben Robinson

Age? 14

How long have you been playing? 2 and a half years

Origin of user name? I really like truth drums

Top 5 drummers? Aaron gillespie, The Rev, Aaron Barnett, Travis Barker, Rob Rolfe

Make of drum kit? Pearl

Make of cymbals? Zildjian

Where do you practice? i have my acoustic kit in the back room and a roland td-3 in my bedroom

Are you in a band/s? yes, we have been together for over a year now

Covers or originals? covers

What style of music?. Rock, emo, screamo,Post hardcore.

Favorite take out food? Hungry Jack's

Place of origin? Sydney, Australia

One really odd fact about yourself? between me and my dad we have 4 drumkits

How did you start drumming? my dad have been drumming for over 20 years
Old 09-07-2008, 03:51 AM

Name? Hjalti Şór Kristjánsson

Age? 15

Been playing for? 2 years.

Origin of username? My brother calls me Jalli for some reason (It doesn't mean anything in icelandic either)

Top 5 drummers?
Danny Carey (Tool), Heikki Malmberg (Diablo), Joey Jordison (Slipknot), Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork), Aaron Spears

Make of drumkit? Pearl right now but I'm saving for Tama Superstar(next year hopefully)

Make of cymbal?
Mainly Zildjian, but I have one Meinl.

Where do I practice? Garage

Am I in a band? Yessir

Covers or originals? Covers now but we're working on some stuff

What style of music? Rock, Metal

Where am I from?
Kópavogur, Iceland

An odd fact about myself?
I'm not an eskimo
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM

real name?Antun
age?14
how long been playing?5,almost 6 years
origin of user name?my friends call me Tonch,bik means bull in croatian
top 5 drummers?Tomas Haake,Gene Hoglan,Derrek Roddy,Dave Weckl,Dave Mcclain
make of drumkit?premier xpk(old birch/eucaliptus version)
make of cymbal?zildjian
where do you practice?at home,basement
are you in a band/s?Artificial Thrash-thrash metal,Muhomlat-rock
covers or originals?both
what style of music?metal,jazz,funk
favourite take out food?sausages and pizza
country?croatia
one really odd fact about yourself?i hate dream theatre
how did you start drumming?my father bought me a yamaha dp drumkit
Old 09-11-2008, 06:55 AM

Hi all. Missed this intro thread earlier so here goes.

real name - Paul Bogdanos
age - 37

how long been playing - 8 years (90-95 then stopped. resumed in 05 What a mistake stopping for that long.)

origin of user name - My name in Greek

top 5 drummers - Copeland, Moon, Peart, Bruford, Mayer (in no particular order)

make of drumkit - Sonor 3003

make of cymbal - Paiste 2002 with Sig hats

where do you practice - Home and Band's practice space

are you in a band/s - Yes. Grey Cells

covers or originals - Started with covers but concentrating on just originals now.

what style of music- Rock

favourite take out food - Pizza

country - USA

one really odd fact about yourself - I'm a blonde Greek.(father from Athens, Mom's grandparents both from Greece.) Everyone thinks I'm Swedish.

how did you start drumming? - Played piano from age 10 but took over my sister's drumset when she abandoned it 2 months after getting it. She never got it back!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 PM

real name? - Ray Dietz
age? - 31
how long been playing? - 17 years
origin of user name? - Nickname
top 5 drummers? - Steve Gadd, Vinne Colauita, Oliver Charles, Chris McHugh, Dennis Chambers
make of drumkit? - 2 DW Collectors series kits both with 9000 hardware, and Spaun Custom Maple
make of cymbal? - Sabian AAX and Paragon
where do you practice? - My basement studio
are you in a band/s? - yes; 3 Degrees and TSKE
covers or originals? - both
what style of music? - Rock, Funk, Country
favourite take out food? - Bourbon Chick and White rice
country? - USA
one really odd fact about yourself? - I am odd in general
how did you start drumming? - Actually in 6th grade. I was playing guitar and was convinced to play in school band on snare, by my guitar teacher. He said it would help me with reading music. He lost a student. :)
Old 09-16-2008, 10:58 AM

Yay! Me thinks it's only fitting that my first post should go under this thread.

Been playing for: 9 years but had some breaks in between
Origin of screen name: D. Garibaldi's sticks (Vic Firth Artist series)
Top drummers(in no particular order): ^, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers, Mike Portnoy, Mark Prator, Raymond Herrera
Make of drum kit: As of now midnight blue Tama Imperialstar(I've spent all my fortune to those bronze thingies you put around your drum kit) though I'm saving for a Tama Superstar Custom.
Make of cymbal: Istanbul Agop(and 10 of them!)
Where do you practice: Home
Are you in a band? Yay!
What style of music? Alternative, rock & a bit of funk
Favorite take out food? Domino's
Odd fact? What's normal about me?
How did you start drumming? Our not-so-responsible drummer decided that spending more time w/ his gf at our expense was a good idea so I sold my bass guitar and picked up the stix.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:06 AM

how long been playing: 6 years
origin of user name: Neurosis
top 5 drummers: Bruford, Carey, Roeder, Thigpen, Cameron (best with Soundgarden)
make of drumkit: Sonor Force 3005 w. Pearl MRX Snare + Pearl & Sonor Hardware
make of cymbal: Paiste Signature + Zildjian Avedis
where do you practice: Home
are you in a band: not right now
what style of music: various
one fact about my dead cat: once he did into my bass drum and on my pearl eliminator
how did you start drumming: played piano from age 8, played guitar from age 15, playing drums from age 17

Last edited by Locust Star; 09-24-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:48 PM

real name? Melinda
age? 43
how long been playing? 25 years, could not play for 3 years or so, playing again for 4 months
origin of user name? my 1st original album + word music
top 5 drummers?Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Thigpen, Gadd, Carmen Appice
make of drumkit? Hart Dynamics drum pads with Alesis DM-5 (sold my Slingerlands when I got sick)
make of cymbal? came with Hart dynamic pads (no more zlydian "A"'s
where do you practice?in my music studio "woman" cave
are you in a band/s? use to be, have possibilty of being in one soon
covers or originals? covers (record my own originals in studio)
what style of music? oldie rock for band, Christian rock/alternative for studio
favourite take out food? chinese
country? US
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm disabled
how did you start drumming? at school
Old 09-22-2008, 04:08 PM

Hello everybody and sorry my possible poor english grammary now and in the future. Finnish is my native lanquage, but I decide to come here, about eight months after I left from finnish forum, where I send a few messages and links to my drumming videos in Youtube.

After these nonsense messages:

age? - 39

how long been playing? - I started 2003, in autumn.

origin of user name? - That came in my mind after one schizophrenic vision few years ago.

top 5 drummers? - Upi Sorvali. And I will tell you when I know four others.

make of drumkit? - I started with New Sound drums, which I bought from small, local musicstore. After they fall apart after few years, I bought Tama Rockstar Custom's from Internet, and now my setup is:

Hihat: In front, Sabian 14" B8 (cable)
Snare: 14 * 5.5 Premier aluminium, about 1970.
Bass: 20"
Right side: Toms 10", 12", 14"
Left side: Toms 10", 12", 16" (Two repaired and painted NewSounds 10" and 12")

make of cymbal?
- 18" China AAX (repaired)
- 22" Ride AA
- 12" AA splash
- 14" B8 Thin Crash
- 16" B8 Thin Crash

So, mostly Sabian.
Sabian HH is my goal, but money and cronic shortage of it makes it difficult.

where do you practice? - Upstairs at Eric.

are you in a band/s? - No, and I believe I never will be.

covers or originals? - Mostly what radio plays.

what style of music? - Mostly what radio plays, radio channel selected from Internet by mood. From gospel to death metal.

favourite take out food? - Ruonalan Mämmirove, steamed. I can't say that in english.

country? - Finland.

one really odd fact about yourself? - There are so many that I can't make up my mind.

how did you start drumming? - My shrink told me that playing some instrument could calm up my destructive mind.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:19 PM

Ayyyyyyyyy,

age? - 17

how long been playing? - 2004

origin of user name? - Long, long story.

top 5 drummers? - The best imho: billy cobham, vinnie colauita, steve gadd, dennis chambers, dave weckl
My favorites: danny carey, gavin harrison

make of drumkit? - I own a shitty Peace drumset, which was my first, and I also play a Pearl Forum series kit.

make of cymbal?
- Sabian B8 16" crash
- Sabian B8 16" crash
- Zildjian ZBT 20" ride
- Sabian Signature Paragon 16" crash
- Sabian AAX 14" hats

where do you practice? - my pad, my buds pad, etc.

are you in a band/s? - Yes.
http://www.myspace.com/thebluesuits
http://www.myspace.com/ilovenickhohn

covers or originals? - originals.

what style of music? - Funk, reggae, rock, experimental, indie

favourite take out food? - Q'doba mu'fucka.

country? - US of A

one really odd fact about yourself? - Jesus' Cheeses?

how did you start drumming? - Been banging on shit since i was born. maybe was destined to play drums? I dunno.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 PM

real name? Tomás Lighuen Limeres
age? 22
how long been playing? Since 2002
origin of user name? My second name...

top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, Chris Addler, Jojo Mayer,
Dennis Chambers,"Bonzo"Bonham,

make of drumkit? 10,12,13,16,22 Mapex venus...14x5 ludwig acrolite `70...
make of cymbal? 18 K dark crash, 18 A custom crash,
14new-beats hats, 20 avedis ping ride,
20 traditionalstagg china, 12 avedis splash,12 wuhan china

where do you practice? my studio! very gladd to have one to practice all day...

are you in a band/s? yes. IN-ELEMENT
www.myspace.com/inelement www.in-element.com
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? Death melodic Metal. Modern Death Metal

country? ARGENTINA

how did you start drumming? Friends wanting to start a band, my uncle whoi plays,
my father who listen led-zep!
and Mike Portnoy when I started in a profesional way.

I`ll be touring Erope on October November 2008 with my band IN-ELEMENT.
New concerts added in the webs and blogs.
Also we have videos and songs from the almbums.

SYNTHESIS IN VAIN European tour 08
21/10/2008 - Barcelona (SP) - Sala Apolo 2
22/10/2008 - Madrid (SP) - Ritmo y Compas
23/10/2008 - Sevilla (SP) - Q
24/10/2008 - Malaga (SP) - Vivero
25/10/2008 - Benavente Lisboa (PR) - Side B
26/10/2008 - Guimaraes (PR) - Vimaranes Metallum Fest
27/10/2008 - Vigo (SP) - La Fábrica de Chocolate
28/10/2008 - Leon (SP) - Scanner
29/10/2008 - Oviedo (SP) - Blade
30/10/2008 - Bilbao (SP) - SANTANA27
31/10/2008 - Soria (SP) - Play
01/11/2008 - Bordeaux (FR) - Heretic Club
02/11/2008 - Paris (FR) - Pena Festayre
03/11/2008 - ...(UK) - TBA
04/11/2008 - Lille (FR) - La Rumeur
05/11/2008 - Zürich (SW) - Werk21
06/11/2008 - Bremgarten (SW) - Kuzeb (5000KM recorridos!!!)
07/11/2008 - Oberhausen (DE) - Helvete
08/11/2008 - Belfort (FR) - Le Simson
09/11/2008 - Tours (FR) - L'ACE
10/11/2008 - Antwerp (BE) - De Rots
11/11/2008 - Hamburg (DE) - Markthalle
12/11/2008 - Rostok (DE) - Alte Zuckerfabrik
13/11/2008 - Essen (DE) - Turock
14/11/2008 - Laon (FR) - Skull's Bar
15/11/2008 - Hasselt (BE) - De Witte Non
16/11/2008 - East London (UK) - The Bridgehouse E16
17/11/2008 - Day Off (UK)!!!!!!
18/11/2008 - London (UK) - Bull & Gate
19/11/2008 - Lyon (FR) - Lyon's Hall
20/11/2008 - Clermont Ferrand (FR) - Wheelie Bar
21/11/2008 - Tolouse (FR) - TBC

Spred the XXXXXXXXx word!!

In-Element:

www.in-element.com www.fotolog.com/in_element
www.myspace.com/inelement www.purevolume.com/inelement
www.youtube.com/inelement www.in-element.blogspot.com

I'm being also Sponsored with drum sticks by CHECO percusion.
www.percusioncheco.com.ar

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON TOUR!

Last edited by NUTHA JASON; 11-05-2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: no swearing
Old 09-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Gold Member

real name? Mark
age? 33
how long playing? played for about 12 years when i was a kid, just back now
username? its my favorite story by Tolkien
top 5 drummers? when i started playing as a kid - Lars Ulrich, but then i discovered Dennis Chambers, then some old vhs clinic of Terry Bozzio's,Steve Gadd is just great, but Benny Greb may be one of the most funky, off beat and inspiring drummers i have ever heard - the guy is just awsome!
drums? Yamaha Stage Custom Birch ( natural laquer finish )
cymbals? Meinl Byzance Traditional's
practice sessions? the lowly basement
in a band? no, but maybe down the road........
music stlye? i'm not good enough to have a 'style', i just like the offbeat and funky stuff
odd fact about me? i'm 33 years old and i still play with Lego
how i started? found my dad's old junker set in the garage attic when i was 8, started played a little snare in Sea Cadets at 12 ( and with enough begging, parents paid for some proper lessons at St. Johns Music), and later hooked up with a really terrible garage band ( i include myself in this description) but then just got away from the drums about the age of twenty, but getting my daughter involved in music ( guitar of all things! ) really inspired me - and so i'm getting back at it!

Last edited by Ainulindale; 09-05-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:10 AM

Hello every one nice discussion board here happy to join in, hope you'll all have me. I can't figure out how to put the question format on here so I'll just tell you some of the basic's. As if anyone really cares.... Anyway. I'm Timothy S, I chose my user name based on the city my drums were made in. I've been playing since I was 11, lessons the whole bit, But I did go through a spell were I didn't play for 10 years. I always wanted too just didn't make it happen. My influences are in 2 categories, core and current. My core guys are Bruford Baker and Bosio, My current's are Charlie Quintana (Mike Ness circa 1999) and Scott Churilla (Reverend Horton Heat circa 1996) I am currently playing an old American Slingerland that needs a re-wrap and re-chrome but it's authentic. I have cymbals like a bride, some old some new some borrowed some blue. I get to play on friday nights with my American roots music band, at a friends hall. We have a full compliment of sound equipment which makes it a lot of fun. We take a lesson from Mike Ness in his interpretation of old Country and pop songs of Americana. I started playing drums out of insatiable desire. When I heard certain songs I wanted to play the drums to them. My interest was/is always about the songs as a whole more than the drummers parts individually. If a drummer is doing something extraordinary, the song had better be too. I don't eat take out and As an odd fact I guess I like the under dog. I prefer Epiphones' to Gibsons', old,old tube rigs to Marshalls', and old school drums to modern marvels.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:39 PM
Gold Member

Name: David

How long playing: 11 - 23; 45 - ? so 14 years total.

Origin of user name: I've always been a rogue.

Top 5 drummers: Buddy Rich, Lional Hampton, Sandy Nelson, and now Stanton Moore and Preston Thomas.

Make of kit: 1960s / 1970s Japanese Import kit called Jazz Master. plus other drums from that era. (All any of us could afford back then....)

Cymbals: Paiste PST 5s

When practice: mostly in the evenings and nights

Bands: Yes, church praise band consisting of 2 electric guitars, 1 bass, 1 piano, 2 singers and drummer. Am looking for other bands...primarily C&W, classic rock, and/or jazz.

Style of music: I like all kinds: classic rock, jazz, c&w, funk.

Fav take out food: BBQ

Odd Fact: Quit drumming years ago because I couldn't stand the pieces of shit I had to go to school with and be in school bands with. What got me back in drumming: My 14 year old daughter bought me back a pair of sticks from the Hard Rock Cafe in London.

Start drumming: when I was 10 and saw an incredible 14-year old drummer on a Black Diamond Pearl Slingerland set.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:01 PM

real name - Paul Creedy
age - 45
how long been playing - since I started again, about three months
origin of user name - too lazy to make one up !
top 5 drummers - Pete Thomas (EC and the Attractions) Clem Burke
make of drumkit - Mapex M Birch (was 6pc, currently 7pc with a second, 10" snare)
make of cymbal - Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip/Stagg
where do you practice - mostly on a practice pad, but the kit is currently in my lounge
are you in a band/s - yes, both on drums and on bass
covers or originals - the drumming gig is all originals, the bass gig is a mix
what style of music - drumming gig - acoustic pop, bass gig - ska/reggae
favourite take out food - pizza
country - UK
one really odd fact about yourself - I was once held up at gun point.
how did you start drumming - too long ago to remember, sadly
Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 AM

Name: Mark

Been Playing since I was 7.....off and on.....28 now!

Current Kit: PDP CX kit 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
DDrum Dominion 13x7 snare
Sabian AAX, HHX, XS20 cymbals
dw Hardware

Soon to be: Yamaha Oak Custom or Taye Studio Maple with Paiste Twenty Cymbals

Favorite Drummers: Kevin Soffera, Dave Weckl, Ray Luzier, Jeremy Taggert, Elvin Jones, etc

Band: None yet, but soon....have a huge audition soon....otherwise session work for the time being

Origin of Screename: my initials

Style of music: Rock, Red Dirt, Fusion, Country, Big Band...whatever I get into

Favorite Food: Chinese or other asian cuisine

How'd I start: begged for a kit for years
Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM

age? - turned 17 today :D
how long been playing? - 2 years
origin of user name? - well i like drumming and surfing.
top 5 drummers? - Bonzo, Chad Smith, Ian Paice, Jojo Mayer, Neil Peart
make of drumkit? - Tama Superstars..will post pictures soon
make of cymbal? - Shitty Zildjian ZBTs
where do you practice? - in my garage, or in my room
are you in a band/s? - not at the moment
favourite take out food? - Anything junk
country? - australia
one really odd fact about yourself? - dont noe if its odd, but i was introduced to music as a 4 year old and learnt to play classical piano. Music has been in my blood since.
how did you start drumming? - Always been interested in learning, but concenctrated more on my piano to begin...finally got around to it 2 years ago.
Closed Thread