DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:54 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Please us this thread to introduce yourself

Hi everyone. There's a film of me playing and yakking whilst on tour in South Africa last year http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=12784456211

real name? Mark Huggett

age? Classic

how long been playing? 30 years

origin of user name? seemed like a good idea at the time

top 5 drummers? Art Blakey, Buddy Rich, John Bonham, Tony Allen, Billy Cobham

make of drumkit? Yamaha 9000R with a DW bronze snare

make of cymbal? Zildjian

where do you practice? At home on my Bill Sanders practice kit

are you in a band/s? Oh Yes

covers or originals? Both

what style of music? World Jazz, Blues, Ska, Rock

favourite take out food? Curry

country? England

one really odd fact about yourself? Jammed with Mark Anthony Turnage when I was 16

how did you start drumming? Older brothers are drummers

I'm looking forward to checking out peoples stuff

ATB Mark

Last edited by markthedrummer; 04-11-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

real name- Matt
age -28
how long been playing -18 years
origin of user name - I have a pretty decent size beard. I ususally am never seen without one.
top 5 drummers - Keith Carlock, Billy Martin, Jojo Mayer, Billy Cobham, and Art Blakey
make of drumkit - walnut stain 60's Slingerland 4-piece, Gretsch Catlina Birch.
make of cymbal? Sabian Hats, HHX Ride, 60's A zildjian 20". Zildjian K Istanbul 20" from 50's. various crashes and chinas.
where do you practice? Basement of my house, band practice area in guitar players home.
are you in a band/s? Among Thy Valiant Sons
covers or originals? Original Music
what style of music? Experimental Indie
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? U.S.
one really odd fact about yourself? I feel that buying a ride cymbal is on par with picking a wife/girlfirend.
how did you start drumming? started in school band in 4th grade. listened to my dads AC/DC, The Who, and Boston LP's.

Last edited by Beardface; 04-11-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-12-2008, 11:25 PM

real name? Robert Janson
age? 20
how long been playing? 3 years
origin of user name? It's my surname...
top drummers? Weckl, Dominic Howard, Micael Öberg, loads more
make of drumkit? Shopping for one right now...
make of cymbal? Zildjian K and K Custom
make of snare? 70's Ludwig Supraphonic 5x14
where do you practice? Shared rehearsal space, beat up Pearl Exports..
are you in a band/s? Might be Trifle, pop-punk/ska kind of band. Think NOFX, Rancid but a bit more ska.
covers or originals? One or two covers, mostly originals
country? Sweden
one really odd fact about yourself? Still haven't owned a drum kit
how did you start drumming? learned some at school when I was about 15, finally had to learn drums when forming a band in high school, 5 years ago or so. we were all guitarrists but someone had to learn to play the only proper instrument. :)

I'm a full time mechanical engineering student shopping around for a nice kit. a 18" kick kit would work perfectly with my taste in big cymbals, keeping the kit tight and low is my melody. Also looking to learn more on the subject of music theory and drum notes, etc, as well as expanding my horizons with more jazz and groove based music.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:40 AM

real name? Joy

age? 51

how long been playing? Since December 20, 2007

origin of user name? Used to be a welder at one time

top 5 drummers? Matt Abts, Steve Gadd, Steve Jordan, Ringo Starr, Rick Allen

make of drumkit? Yamaha Rydeen

make of cymbal? mix of Sabian and Zildjian

where do you practice? my living room

are you in a band/s? no

what style of music? just about anything that sounds good to me

country? USA

one really odd fact about yourself? I've ridden an elephant

how did you start drumming? Just decided to go for it before I was dead
Old 04-14-2008, 04:00 AM

This seemed like as good a place as any to post this, so here goes.

I'm getting back into drumming after many years away. Like many drummers my age, I started playing after hearing "The Spirit of Radio" on the radio way back in high school. I thought Peart's playing was the coolest thing I'd ever heard.

Also, a friend of mine's brother played the drums and I watched him play along to Zeppelin's "Living Loving Maid" and it looked liked so much fun, so I bought his old crappy kit for $75 bucks and banged away for a few months. (interesting sidenote: he also turned his little cousin onto drumming at a really young age when he was visiting Illinois from San Diego - that little cousin is Atom/Adam Willard from Rocket from the Crypt and whatever band he plays for now).

After my first lesson, I improved immensely overnight and continued w/ the lessons for about a year. I 'm left-handed and was playing a left-handed set-up, but once I started lessons, my teacher had me play on a righty kit - I'm really glad he did! Not being able to sit in would be the worst. I wasn't the greatest student in terms of practicing - I didn't have the patience for the books/rudiments, so I pretty much would just play along to Rush records with my headphones on. Got to be pretty good, but only in a one-trick-pony kind of way. Played classic rock covers in a few bands during high school, but didn't play much after that. I could always hold my own if I sat in, but always knew I could be so much better.

Probably the coolest things that happened to me in the last 10 years were getting the chance to play with Rick Neilsen from Cheap Trick and sitting in on Matt Chamberlain's kit during sound check. I'm from Cheap Trick's hometown and I was in a dive bar/restaurant my friend's family owns and Rick requented the place from time to time. He walks in, decides he wants to play and asks if anyone plays bass and drums. I sheepishly said "I play drums" and the cook played bass, so we get up on stage with the house gear and jammed for 45 minutes. He's so cool - he picks up the guitar, fiddles around with it for about 10 seconds and goes to town. Amazing experience.

I got to sit in on Chamberlain's kit during a tour with Fiona Apple. My cousin drove one of the tour buses and introduced me to the band. I hung out w/ Matt for about 45 minutes on the tour bus as we watched a VH1 "Behind the Music" episode. Playing a professionally miked kit on stage before a show was SO cool.

Anyway, fast forward to last year and I bought a set of Vdrums (TD12) since I live in a condo. Played whenever I had the chance and just this month have been working on all the things I should have 30 years ago - rudiments, lessons plans with left and right hand leading, etc.

Before, I could only do single stroke, paradiddles and triplet rolls. I never learned a double stroke roll and after one month or practicing rudiments EVERY day (30 minutes minimum) the progress is definitely evident.

Another cool thing is I've been doing the "pay it forward" thing by turning a couple of nine year olds onto drumming -one is my best friend's nephew and the other is a really good friend's son. I loaned one of them my old Sonor kit and bought the other one a used Tama gig kit. They're like sponges with everything drumming now and it's been a great bonding experience. I ride them pretty hard about daily practicing since I don't want them to make the same mistake I did.

I took my first proper kit out of storage and cleaned it up pretty good - it's a Ludwig 6 piece kit from 1968 - wish I'd known vintage drums were going to be so desirable or I would have taken better care of them (yeah right). Don't have the room to store it, so I'm just going to see what I can get for it on craigslist.

Want to get back w/ acoustic drums and want to play w/ other musicians just for fun, so I bought a used Export ELX 4 piece shell pack and a Pork Pie Li'l Squealer 5x12 snare. I still have old Zildjians from the early '80's - 20" inch Deep Ride, 14" Quick Beats (hate them, not very versatile) and a 16" medium-thin crash.

Anyway, Lots of good advice on the board from what I've seen, so I'll be spending a lot of time in the archives section and looking for veteran advice when I decide to upgrade my kit and cymbals
Old 04-22-2008, 03:00 PM

real name? Matt

age? 26

how long been playing? 13/14 years ish

origin of user name? My full name is Matt Chandler and everyone calls me bing soooo Bingthedrummer seemed obvious :-)

top 5 drummers? Tre Cool, Tayler Hawkins, Jojo Mayer, John Blackwell, Benny Greb

make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom

make of cymbal? Zildjian A Custom

where do you practice? Practise studio

are you in a band/s? Yes

what style of music? at the moment, live hip hop

favourite take out food? Curry, Lamb Jalfrazi

country? UK

one really odd fact about yourself? I have a scar next to my left eye that looks like a mitsubishi sign

how did you start drumming? Met a guy at school when I was 13 and he played and it blow me away and I decided I want to be able to do that.!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:27 PM

age? 28

how long been playing? 20-ish years

origin of user name? I'm a big concert go-er & I love love love sneaking my way backstage. Once a friend heard my latest backstage glory story...she said, "Well you're just a schemer aren't you?" It stuck.

top 5 drummers? Mark Graalman, Brian Haley, Aaron Tosti, Lori Peters, & whoever played "Son of a preacher man" for Aretha Franklin.

make of drumkit? Pearl Forum

make of cymbal? Zildjian A & a few Sabian.

where do you practice? Home & church

are you in a band/s? My church band

what style of music? Guns & Roses style Praise & Worship...lol...I'm serious.

country? The US.

one really odd fact about yourself? I never leave the house without sunglasses. I cannot & will not defy the sun with my baby blues...lol.

how did you start drumming? I saw a set of drums when I was 8 & I figured I could do it. I thought I was awesome in all of my 8 year old glory...but when I got to 13 I really started getting good.

"I'm fully prepared to face anything that is foolish enough to face me."

Dwight K. Schrute
Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 AM

how long playing? Since I was 10, and have gone back and forth between drums and guitar ever since.
Origin of user name: I have alot of dogs
top 5 drummers: Topper Headon, D.J. Bonebrake, Brendan Canty, Elvin Jones, whoever the drummer is in "Ganger".
Make of Kit: shopping for one now - leaning towards either a Ludwig Classic Maple or Gretsch New Classic
Make of cymbals: Zildjian & Sabian
Where do you practice: practice space
In a band? yes
covers or originals? originals
Style of music: punk/post punk/math rock/indie stuff
Favorite take out food: burrito or thai food
odd fact about self: can't think of anything at the moment...
how did you start drumming: In school you either had to be in the chorus or learn an instrument - I thought singing was for sissys, so opted for an instrument - chose drums because the school's kit was cool looking and sparkly. Got my first kit on my 11th birthday - it was from the pawn shop but it rocked!
Old 04-24-2008, 02:22 AM

I've been around this board for awhile now, but never took the time to fill out the customary "introduce yourself" form. I have a bad a habit of sticking around the forum non-stop for days and then I disappear for months. Sorry guys, it's nothing personal, but I'm an engineering student and I haven't got as much free time to explore the wealth of knowledge here as I'd like to. Thanks everyone for their knowledge and advice! Anyway...

real name Chris
age 22
how long been playing 14 years
origin of user name It's a nickname...
top 5 drummers Manu Katché, John Bonham, Neil Peart, Steve Gadd, Bernard Purdie
make of drumkit I'll probably be playing my 90s Mapex until it dies...
make of cymbal Zildjian all the way!
where do you practice In the garage
are you in a band/s Yes
covers or originals Covers!
what style of music Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country/Bluegrass
favourite take out food Chinese!
country USA
one really odd fact about yourself I can speak German very well (I hesitate using the word 'fluent' because I'm not even sure if I'm fluent in English!) and spent 3 months in Germany last summer working for a construction firm on Ramstein (US) Air Base.
how did you start drumming Answered the call in elementary school
Old 04-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Indroduction- Hi I am new

Hi Friends,

I am a budding drummer who plays along the Who records. I never had a teacher and I know I am not playing by the rules but I was told I play a lot like Keith Moon. I never use hi hats and steady beats.
Recently I am playing along the stones records the Keith Moon style with unpredictable rolls etc.. etc... I guess if Charley Watts know about this he would freak out.

honestly I am no expert but having a lot of fun by playing along The Who records.

Hopefully I will find like minded friends here.

humbly

The Keith Moon.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Indroduction- Hi I am new

welcome to the forum! belive theres some great people on this site,and your gonna learn a lot. best drum source on the net.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysnare View Post
welcome to the forum! belive theres some great people on this site,and your gonna learn a lot. best drum source on the net.
Amen to that! And yes welcome to the forum. There is a ton of excellent information here and Bernard and the mods here run a great place to hang and learn. Ive been playing for a number of years now and still learn new stuff. And a lot of that stuff is inspired from information gotten on this forum...

Enjoy yourself here and learn!

Mike
Old 04-25-2008, 04:34 PM

Welcome! I haven't been here long but just the tips, advice, & chats have helped me considerately.

See ya around the forums!

"I'm fully prepared to face anything that is foolish enough to face me."

Dwight K. Schrute
Old 04-26-2008, 12:42 AM

Hello.

Please see my obligatory submission below.

real name Jason
age 38
how long been playing About 25 years
origin of user name It's my last name
top 5 drummers Joe Morello, John Bonham, Chuck Biscuits, Roberto Valverde, Dale Crover,
make of drumkit Roeder - custom maple w/ DW hardware and pedals:

make of cymbal Paiste 2002
where do you practice ?? Practice?
are you in a band/s Yes
covers or originals Original
what style of music Original
favourite take out food Mexican
country USA
one really odd fact about yourself I can unplug/decompress my ears at will. I have voluntary muscle control of my inner ears.
how did you start drumming Filled in for a school talent show, after giving up the bass.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:31 PM

I shy away from abusing the term 'drummer' to define what I do behind a drumset but nevertheless... Introducing myself. I'm sure I'll learn a lot here. See you all around!

age 33
how long been playing: since 1987, with intervals.
origin of user name: Nickname, I have a rant from Henry Rollins to thank for it. Used to be Brutus, not much better...
top 5 drummers: Billy Cobham, Ian Paice, John Bonham, Dennis Chambers, Danny Carey, ...
make of drumkit: Pearl, saving up for a new kit (hints welcome ;) )
make of cymbal: Sabian, I keep a Paiste 302 handy for the abuse I wouldn't have my Paragons suffer...
where do you practice: Anywhere dry.
are you in a band/s: Yes, unless they kick me out by the time you read this.
covers or originals: Mostly originals
what style of music: erm... its... rock... I guess. The styles I listen to are: anything except dance, techno, mainstream r&b, reggae and german 'schlagers'.
favourite take out food: Belgian frites!
one really odd fact about yourself: My entire life actually.
how did you start drumming: A band formed in my class and they needed a drummer. And I used to bang on anything cilindrical since childhood, so...
Old 04-30-2008, 06:10 AM

real name Adam
age 17
how long been playing about 7 years
origin of user name uh, it was the best I could think of.. :)
top 5 drummers 1-John Bonham, 2-Nicko Mcbrain, to many others to pick!
make of drumkit "Ludwig" (made in Taiwan : P )
make of cymbal mostly Paiste, but also Wuhan, Factory Metal and Zildjian
where do you practice mah basement
are you in a band/s yep! click here to check us out.
covers or originals 99% originals
what style of music classic rock, heavy metal, swing, latin, folk
favourite take out food ooohhh... Chinese!
country USA
one really odd fact about yourself idk, I am borderline obsessed with aquiring a large Ludwig maple power tom set from the 1980s, but I'm broke. : (
how did you start drumming My interest was piqued when I first listened to my Dad's Beatles CDs at age 6-7, but I didn't start until a few years later.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:52 AM

Default Newbie Here! :)

Just wanted to say hello! My name is Matthew Ledgerwood, and I have been playing drums for 3 years, self taught.

Cheers! : )
Old 05-03-2008, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Newbie Here! :)

have any pics of your kit? what drummers do you enjoy listening to? tell us about yourself!

Andrew
Old 05-04-2008, 04:23 AM

Nick C. here, and notice I didn't spell my full last name 'cause its really long. I'm from SC and right now i can't submit a recording right now because someone is renting a part of our house for a long time.

-主要科巨蜥-
Old 05-04-2008, 08:06 PM

how long been playing: 5 years
origin of user name : my nickname
top 5 drummers: ?uestlove, steve jordan, clive stubberfield, jabo starks and my others
make of drumkit : Yamaha stage custom
make of cymbal: sabian aax and sabian hand hammered
where do you practice: drumtech london
are you in a band/s : at the min
what style of music: Im an open book when it comes to music, i like anything with SUBSTANCE
favourite : chinese, mexican
how did you start drumming: always been interesting in drumming from a young age but only got a chance when i was 15/16
Old 05-05-2008, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Newbie Here! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizkneelande View Post
have any pics of your kit? what drummers do you enjoy listening to? tell us about yourself!

Andrew
I play a crappy Peavey kit that I have pretty much got the best out of by getting new heads, hardware, Better tom mounting system. I will have some pics up soon, and in my opinion, it looks VERY classy for a peavey kit. I plan on moving up to a Mapex M Birch SOON. But enough about my kit, and something about me.

How long been playing: 3 1/2 Years
Origin of user name: Love John Lennon's Music! :)
Top 5 drummers: Ringo Starr (Dont ask why), John Bonham, Buddy Rich. Chad Smith, Stewart Copeland
Make of drum kit: Peavey
Make of cymbal: Sabian B8's :(
Where do you practice: Garage, Royal Albert Hall (Maybe one day! Lmao)
Are you in a band: Yes
Covers or originals: 30/70
What style of music: Rock, Folk, Original's kinda sound like Strawberry Alarmclock mixed with Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin And some Bob Dylan, Bob Marley
Favourite take out food: Pizza
One really odd fact about yourself : I donno, I have HUGE hangs, and big feet (size 13)
How did you start drumming: When I was little I would bang on pots and pans, I got a remo practise pad 5 years ago, kit 3 years ago.

And yeah, I am do NOT use double pedals what so ever. Infact, I have won a few "awards" at my local school of music for my single pedal speed.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:27 AM

Hi All,

Hope you're all doing well. I'm a returnee to the drum scene after a 25 year layoff....reincarnarted as an e-drummer - the beat goes on....it's just digital now :-)
Old 05-09-2008, 05:27 PM

What up; Names chris.
My age is seventeen, eighteen in sep.
I play a secondhand pdp basic rock kit.
Paiste cymbals handed down from my father, who taught me to play the drums.
My hardware came with the pdp kit, except for a premier cymbal stand given to me by my father.
Ive been playing for almost four years now...
My biggest drumming influences are Moon, Bonham, Mitchell, and B. Rich.
My style of playing.....hmmm...... well, i have a tendency to attack my drums (thank god for double ply skins!)
Im hoping to start saving up for a more professional kit soon.
Im not currently in a band, but jamming out with friends is fun enough.
How i started playing? idk, my dad used to play for me when i was a baby, and i was always interested.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 PM

how long been playing: since '99
origin of user name: My name
top 5 drummers: In this particular order; Jesus, Gordon Campbell, Chris Dave, George McCurdy, Lerone McMillian
make of drumkit: Pearl
make of cymbal: Zildjian, Sabian
where do you practice: At home and at church
are you in a band/s: No but I play at church.
covers or originals: Both
what style of music: Gospel, R&B
favourite take out food: Philly Cheese Steak
one really odd fact about yourself: I have long nails. Ha!
how did you start drumming: My cousin Donnie Burns.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:15 PM

how long been playing: about 16 years (since 1985 to 1994 and 2001 until today)
origin of user name: real name
top 5 drummers: everyday another ones
make of drumkit: Sonor, Tama
make of cymbal: Paiste, Zildjian, Sabian, Meinl
where do you practice: at home an in the rehearsal room
are you in a band/s: momentarily not
covers or originals: depends on band, both
what style of music: depends on band, mainly Rock and around
favourite take out food: chips (French fries) with mayonnaise
one really odd fact about yourself: I used to beat drums and cymbals with sticks
how did you start drumming: I bought a pair of sticks.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:30 PM

real name-Mirkko DeMaio
age-24 years
how long been playing-16 years
origin of user name-first name
top 5 drummers-Roger Taylor,Jeff Porcaro,Vinnie Colaiuta,Vinnie Paul,Dennis Chambers
make of drumkit-PEARL
make of cymbal-UFIP
where do you practice-my grandpa basement
are you in a band/s-in 2 project,and i'm a session drummer
covers or originals-originals
what style of music-rock,heavy,chill out,lounge,jazz & latin flavour,funk and drum & bass.
favourite take out food-pizza
country-Italy
one really odd fact about yourself-the sound
how did you start drumming-when ,musically,i've meet the music through Queen!

OFFICIAL UFIP cymbals & ROLL drumsticks endroser.

http://www.myspace.com/xxletalpoisonxx

www.MirkkoDeMaio.com
My Videos
Endorser of Dixon~Meinl~Vic Firth~Remo

Last edited by Mirkko; 05-11-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:11 PM

real name? Sandra
age? 15 (going on 16)
how long been playing? About 8 years I think.
origin of user name? I have no idea.. I made my accont a year or two ago, and remembered it yesterday.
top 5 drummers? Ian Paice, Chad Smith, Meg White, Samantha Maloney and Ringo Starr
make of drumkit? Pearl and DW
make of cymbal? Sabian and Ziljard (sorry for any miss spellings)
where do you practice? At my mums basement. (She loves it!)
are you in a band/s? I'm in two bands, The Squares (www.myspace.com/thesquares666) And Juliette Pierce. The Squares is an all girls rockabilly band with a touch of punk and reggea. And juliette is... like.. alternative psykaldelic grunge pop rock garage..punk.. or something ! :P
covers or originals? originals!
what style of music? Rockabilly/Psycobilly/Punk/Reggea
favourite take out food? Don't know:P
country? Norway
one really odd fact about yourself? I get easely passionate about stuff..
how did you start drumming? I wanted to be just as good as the boys in something, and it was the only thing I could thing of that didn't involve running...
Old 05-12-2008, 11:33 AM
ihatesticktricks

real name? Steven
age? 16 (going on 17)
how long been playing? 1 year( but i played guitar for 8, so i picked it up extremly fast).
origin of user name? i hate drummers that rely on stick tricks to make them selves look good, what a hair metal dream, i hate hair metal.
top 5 drummers? Jimmy Chamberlin, Dave Weckl, Chad Smith, Mitch Mitchell, Roger Taylor
make of drumkit? Gretch
make of cymbal? Ziljian
where do you practice? at home sometimes.
are you in a band/s? no unfortunatly, but i write and record my own music
what style of music? phsycodelic, rock, instrumentals, escapism music bassically
favourite take out food? dont eat it, too unhealthy. im a health nut.
country? Australia, and proud to not be American
one really odd fact about yourself? I find girls that can play the guitar well really sexy, but i dont know if thats odd.
how did you start drumming? i liked the feeling of it, its a release.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:35 AM

real name Damien
age 28
how long been playing 15 years
origin of user name for once its just my name.
top 5 drummers: besides the legends-Tomas Haake(meshuggah), Sammy Watson Jr.(Apex theory, Mt Helium), Thomas Pridgen(Mars Volta), Yuval Gabay(Soul Coughing), Jo Jo Mayer {a legend that i had to mention)
make of drumkit PDP LX Series
make of cymbal mix mainly zildjian
where do you practice band is in the basement I practice with a pad all over the place
are you in a band/s Yes
covers or originals original
what style of music progressive rock(not overly technical)
favourite take out food Thai
country USA
one really odd fact about yourself I play over a dozen instuments, and have dabbled into way to many hobbies, jobs, and professional skills.
how did you start drumming I first started playing trumpet because my brother was a drummer, then 5 years later i started playing drums because my brother was a drummer. He has long since stopped playing but not me!
Old 05-13-2008, 05:56 PM

real name - Robert Jones
age - 19
how long been playing - 7 years
origin of user name - Nickname
top 5 drummers - Danny Carey, Dominic Howard, Mike Novak, John Dolmayan, Brad Wilk
make of drumkit - Yamaha YD series
make of cymbal - Zildjian
where do you practice? - basement
are you in a band/s - I've been in many bands, but none at the moment
covers or originals - both, as long as they're good!
what style of music - Metal, rock, progressive.
favourite take out food - none in particular
country - Canada
one really odd fact about yourself - I can't stand on a bare bathtub
how did you start drumming - The first time I heard Toxicity by SOAD I knew I wanted to play drums
Old 05-14-2008, 09:04 PM

real name? Richard
age? 33
how long been playing? 2 years
origin of user name? errr..... My mum? actually my usual ones were taken so have to make do with this boring one :)
top 5 drummers? Portnoy, Weckl, Grohl, Manu Katche
make of drumkit? Roland TD12 black (came with a free basic Drumtech acoustic kit.....?!)
make of cymbal? Roland....
where do you practice? At home
are you in a band/s? Yes (just!)
covers or originals? Covers (but soon originals!)
what style of music? Rock
favourite take out food? Pizza :D
country?France
one really odd fact about yourself? still can't seem to be able to grow a decent beard...
how did you start drumming? Always wanted to but was never allowed to whilst living with parents. Appartments are no good - too much noise, finally bought myself a cool lil chalet in the alps and have good neighbours who are either not there, old and deaf or make enough noise at their place that my noise doesn't matter. So game on!! Got a decent bonus from work and blew it on drums!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:37 PM

real name? Thomas

age? 23

how long been playing? 10 years

origin of user name? I was born and raised in Austin

top 10 drummers? Steve Gadd, Jack Irons (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Eleven), George Hurley (Minutemen), Josh Freese, Billy Cobham, Brett Reed (Rancid), Byron McMackin (Pennywise), Stanton Moore, Stewart Copeland, Brain

make of drumkit? Dw Collectors, Ayotte Custom

make of cymbal? Paiste Signature

where do you practice? At a studio

are you in a band/s? 2. And I do sessions

covers or originals? The bands are originals except for a few old punk covers nobody cares about.

what style of music? Punk. My heart is in jazz though

favourite take out food? Conan's Pizza south side

country? America, I need to go to Europe.

one really odd fact about yourself? I'm covered in tattoos. Guess that's not too odd though.

how did you start drumming? My dad wanted me to be a drummer, since he always wanted to be one but never did. I got my first kit in 1989, but didn't really start taking it seriously until 1997, after I saw the Primus video- "Videoplasty". Changed my life.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 PM

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS

real name - Alex
age - 29
how long been playing - Almost 14 years
origin of user name - Yak butter is the healthiest of all kinds, and so tasty.
top 5 drummers - Animal from the Muppet Show, then too many to narrow it down to 4
make of drumkit - Pearl Reference, the purple/black sparkle thing. Pork Pie BOB snare
make of cymbal - Mostly Sabian and Paiste
where do you practice - In my room on my Yamaha DT Explorer
are you in a band/s - Hells yeah. Two. Trunk Monkey www.myspace.com/trunkmonkeymusic and Sun King http://www.sunkingtribute.com/index.cfm
covers or originals - Covers
what style of music - I play mostly rock/pop, but have been practicing double bass like a fiend lately.
favourite take out food - I really just cook my own food. I love to BBQ.
country - U.S.A.
one really odd fact about yourself - I have six fingers on one hand. Just kidding.
how did you start drumming - I knew I wanted to play when I was 13, but got the chance at 16 when my high school let me take the school kit home to learn, on the condition that I would play in the pep band the following year. I did.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:36 AM

Real name? Shaun

Age? 29

How long have you been playing? 25 years and still enjoy a good musical challenge! I'm just reverting to matched grip and a total kit rearrangement for something different. A little scary but definitely fun! These forums (and the users/contributers) have been extremely helpful to me during this process. My town is isolated to say the least so it's great to jump on here and look for a handy solution or some great advice. My many thanks go out to all here!

Origin of user name? It's my name, well what everyone calls me lol.

Top 5 drummers? (Only 5! OK here goes,) Weckl (of course), Gavin Harrison, Danny Carey, Neil Peart, Tomas Hakke.

Make of drum kit? Pearl Export. A 1985 model still in new cond. (I really have to update soon!)

Make of cymbals? Zildjian all the way!

Where do you practice? I have a portable practice pad + stand and a separate room dedicated to my kit and a few various other instrument.

Are you in a band/s? No but I do help anyone in "musical need" if asked. Not many musicians left where I live unfortunately?

Covers or originals? Originals for sure but I have heard some stunning covers in my time?

What style of music? I enjoy anything and everything that's done by great musicians! Really into Porcupine Tree at the moment (just saw them live in Sydney. Unbelievable!).

Favorite food? Anything tasty, that's not to unhealthy ; )

Place of origin? Lightning Ridge. NSW. Australia.

One really odd fact about yourself? I do enjoy playing guitar & bass? (I know, I know... I do apologize for that lol)

How did you start drumming? I remember at age 3 being given an old set of sticks (that I still have) and was put in front of a snare at a party. Apparently I had good rhythm so it was a natural progression to move me to a full kit and take it from there. I couldn't reach the pedals until age 6? I can reach them now. : D

Cheers guys,
Shauno
Old 05-16-2008, 10:27 PM

Real name? Bill

Age? 41

How long have you been playing? Well I started playing back in 1978. I retired in 1990 but am getting back into playing, God willing.

Origin of user name? My idol and inspiration, Peter Criss.

Top 5 drummers? Peter Criss, Eric Singer, Neil Peart, Buddy Rich, Ed Schaunessy

Make of drum kit? Working on that. LOL. I started with a CB700 kit as a kid. Pro kit was a Tama Superstar 7 piece. Sold back in 1991.

Make of cymbals? Zildjian, Sabian

Where do you practice? LOL...no where right now. I guess where I will practice will be determined if I go acoustic or e-drums. Right now...probably my car's steering wheel!

Are you in a band/s? Yes I was. I was in 2 bands. One I started in college and one I was in after a brief stint in the Marine Corps. Also many other projects over the years.

Covers or originals? First band all originals. 2nd band, a mix, 2nd band released a 45lp back in 1987!

What style of music? I played all styles of music. I enjoy most all styles of music even now.

Favorite food? Chicken

Place of origin? Ottawa, Illinois.

One really odd fact about yourself? I am loosing my hair!!! LOL

How did you start drumming? Back in 1978 I joined my local drum and bugle corps, and the rest as they say, is history!
Old 05-17-2008, 04:59 AM

Hey, I'm just a lowly guitarist who has the utmost respect for the drumset, and it's necessity

I have been blessed by more drum clinics than guitar clinics

I love the playing of all of the household, and near household names, but the ones who I don't believe get the hype like they should are John Robinson, Micheal White, Raiford Griffin, Sean O'Rourke, Mark Zonder, just off the top of my head

In Tampa, looking to Fuze !

MY PLAYING
Old 05-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff J View Post
Hey, I'm just a lowly guitarist who has the utmost respect for the drumset, and it's necessity

I have been blessed by more drum clinics than guitar clinics

I love the playing of all of the household, and near household names, but the ones who I don't believe get the hype like they should are John Robinson, Micheal White, Raiford Griffin, Sean O'Rourke, Mark Zonder, just off the top of my head
Big respect to a guitarist who understands! Welcome my friend, and spread forth the word amongst your brethren.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 PM

real name? wiggi
age? 33
how long been playing? 6 months
origin of user name? its all mine
top 5 drummers? aint got a clue
make of drumkit? roland td-8 yamaha recording custom 9000
make of cymbal? zildjian
where do you practice? home and work
are you in a band/s? yes prismic
what style of music? indie
favourite take out food? any im a bit of a fatty
country? uk
one really odd fact about yourself? i dont drink
how did you start drumming? nobody else wanted to do it so it was left to me

Last edited by wiggi28; 05-21-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:39 AM

real name? Daniel Rodriguez
age? 28
how long been playing? not long
origin of user name? nickname with numbers added
top 5 drummers? mike portnoy,vinne paul,alex van halen,
make of drumkit? greggs a no name brand
make of cymbal? sabian,wuhan,paiste
where do you practice? home studio
are you in a band/s? not at the monent
covers or originals? both
what style of music? rock,tejano, and conjunto,latin
favourite take out food? all kinds
country? usa
one really odd fact about yourself? that's a good one
how did you start drumming? to make my one music in my studio and I have a hard time fining a good drummer for my style of latin music
Old 05-29-2008, 01:56 AM

real name? Robert Ore
age? 25
how long been playing? 2 years
origin of user name? My first name and the type of music I particularly like
top 5 drummers? Stewart Copeland, Tre Cool, Pumpy, Aaron Cometbus, Travis Barker
make of drumkit? Session Pro (don't laugh)
make of cymbal? God knows!
where do you practice? I don't at the moment
are you in a band/s? Putting one together, here to try and look for a drummer
covers or originals? yes
what style of music? punk of all types
favourite take out food? yuck!
country? England.
one really odd fact about yourself? I have 2 red telephone boxes in my back garden
how did you start drumming? Making a CD with a mate drumming for me, afterwards he showed me the basics and then I bought his kit cheap as he needed to sell as he was moving.
Closed Thread