DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Well, I guess it might be interesting to do this -

real name? Terry Reynolds
age? er - 55
how long been playing? since I was about 11
origin of user name? Bass player in my last band called me Tezzer, the 2 "i"s are drumsticks!!
top 5 drummers? Hmm, hard to choose. Dave Mattacks, Bonzo, Buddy, Ringo, Peart . . . . .
make of drumkit? Mainly very old Premier, Ludwig snare, Aquarian heads
make of cymbal? Zildjian, Paiste
where do you practice? at home on pad, sometimes drive out to my chapel & use the back room
are you in a band/s? We're called the Bluestones, been together for abt 6 months, booked up all next year! Also play dances with a bunch of friends from church (but we're not a "church band")
covers or originals? This band - covers, tho we'll probably start doing orig stuff in time.
what style of music? Popular to slightly heavy rock, blues
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? England
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm very quiet & shy, people are blown away when they see me on drums.
how did you start drumming? Can't remember!! I think I tapped along to records, and a school friend who played guitar encouraged me to accompany him. Then another friend, pianist, started a blues band - - -
Old 12-24-2006, 05:34 AM

HEllo I have been drumming with an instructor for 5 months now.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Silver Member

I'll try this out...even though I hate this format.

real name? Andy Barron
age? 32
how long been playing? 20 years
origin of user name? I used to go by "sticks" and my wife was stoned a lot.
top influences? Derrek Roddy, Bonham, Vinnie Paul, John Slattery, Carter Beuford, Peart, Bozzio, Perry Strickland, Charlie Bennante, Louis Clemente, Matt Mcdonough
make of drumkit? Force 2001
make of cymbal? Sabian (HH, HHX, B8, and AA).
where do you practice? My music room
are you in a band/s? I'm in a contemporary christian band trying to change gears out of heavy.speed metal
covers or originals? Both
country? USA

Kit list.

Red Cherry Wine Sonor force 2001 on a PDP rack (11, 12, 14, 22). Maryland Drum (6.5 x 14) 20mm shell, Pearl 3.5 x 13 Brass Piccolo snare, 8" AA splash, 10" HHX splash, 14" B8 Medium Hats, 16" B8 Medium crash, 16" AA Thin crash, 18.5" Chad Smith X-plosion crash (not pictured), 18" HHX China, 21" Raw Bell Dry Ride. Evans coated dry on the snares, Remo clear pinstripes on the toms and bass.

Overall, I've been in and out of drumming. Took about a 5 year hiatus ten years ago but still played on a firends' kit. Couldn't help myself and got back into it. Been going since.

Love this site!

Andy
Old 12-27-2006, 10:39 PM

Real name? Jordan (Friends call me Shaggy)

Age? 17

How long been playing? About 4 years off and on. I'm getting back into drumming after a year off.

Origin of user name? I'm the Captain of what's left of my school's drumline.

Top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Dave Weckl, Steve Smith, Steve Gadd, Carter Beauford.

Make of drumkit? Sonor Force 2003

Make of cymbal? Zildjian

Where do you practice? Third Floor, second room on the left.

Are you in a band/s? Not really. Play on request.

Covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Jazz/Funk/Rock/Heavy Metal. Depends. My favorite is jazz.

Favourite take out food? A streetcorner Thai Imbiss in Frankfurt.

Country? Germany

One really odd fact about yourself? Out of the three years that I've been called Shaggy, my hair was short for about two of them.

How did you start drumming? Asked for a drumset for Christmas on a whim, started teaching myself, and went from there.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:12 PM

Fatman- Real name Tony!
Cornwall-UK
Age 33

Started drumming with purpose about two weeks ago, around Christmas day when my son(9) received a drum kit from Santa. Honestly the kit is for my son!

I've not had any lessons to date, although my son goes to a neighbours house for lessons and i sometimes go with him and watch and take notes of the exercises!

Only time will tell if we both continue, at the moment it's something that i can do for 5minutes or 2 hours with relative ease depending on the time available. All my other hobbies (surfing, biking, photography) require that i commit more time to each and can prove to be awkward to fit into a very busy working and family life.

Top tip- If you have a wife., girlfriend or partner who might not see the appeal of drumming, buy a set of Silencer Pads, there great and they will keep your loved ones of your back not to mention the neighbours!

Happy Drumming!
Old 01-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Founder Drummerworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
Fatman- Real name Tony!
Cornwall-UK
Age 33

Started drumming with purpose about two weeks ago, around Christmas day when my son(9) received a drum kit from Santa. Honestly the kit is for my son!

I've not had any lessons to date, although my son goes to a neighbours house for lessons and i sometimes go with him and watch and take notes of the exercises!

Only time will tell if we both continue, at the moment it's something that i can do for 5minutes or 2 hours with relative ease depending on the time available. All my other hobbies (surfing, biking, photography) require that i commit more time to each and can prove to be awkward to fit into a very busy working and family life.

Top tip- If you have a wife., girlfriend or partner who might not see the appeal of drumming, buy a set of Silencer Pads, there great and they will keep your loved ones of your back not to mention the neighbours!

Happy Drumming!

Sounds good to me!!! Keep on...

Bernhard
Old 01-03-2007, 02:38 PM

Thanks for your reply Bernhard,
I'm not going to try and kid myself or anyone else that I know what does what Im doing!

Last night I found myself going over the exercises my son had been given and trying new beats (only simple ones) for over 2 hours whilst my son played on his Playstation! It was great fun/exercise and was far better than watching the crappy soap operas on the TV.
Only when I got off the set could he get on!

I will admit to one thing, I have watched lots of drummers of all standards (mainly through this site) and I cannot get my head around the limb independence thing! I'm sure it will come but try as I might I cannot even strike a simple but independent beat without screwing it up after a few seconds.
I will crack it, the sooner the better!

No doubt I will find lots of hints and tips on here, and for that I thank everyone!

Happy Drumming!

I apologise if my terms aren't quite right but thats another side to drumming I have yet to learn!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:05 PM

real name? Rodrigo
age?14
how long been playing? 3 weeks
origin of user name? i really dont know
top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Vinnie Colaiuta, Mike Portnoy, Dave Weckl, Neil Peart
make of drumkit?Ludwig
make of cymbal?Orion
where do you practice?in my bedroom
are you in a band/s?no
covers or originals?covers
what style of music?rock/metal
favourite take out food? uh? xDDD
country? Chile
one really odd fact about yourself? uh???
how did you start drumming? because i like the instrument and i wannna learn how to play, i couldnt start before because a few reasons that ill not explain
Old 01-04-2007, 06:33 PM

real name? Chris

age? 19

how long been playing? One year

origin of user name? I was thinking of a username when I joined a musician finder site and it has stuck ever since

top 5 drummers? John Bonham, Neil Peart, Tony Royster, Mike Portnoy, Danny Carrey

make of drumkit? It's an old set my brother bought when he was 16(now 23). We are re-doing the entire set in Pacific parts and we just bought a DW (Drum Workshop - off brand of Pacific but still fairly expensive) 7000 double bass pedal :)

make of cymbal? Wuhan, Sabian, Zildjian

where do you practice? Garage loft

are you in a band/s? I am in my own band called Mind Not For Rent. Look it up on myspace for info. No music up yet though.

covers or originals? Both

what style of music? Rock/Alternative/Acoustic/Christian/Hard Rock - Whatever feels right for the song ;)

favourite take out food? pizza

country? USA

one really odd fact about yourself? You're looking at a future Psychologist :)

how did you start drumming? My brother has been playing for 7 years and I've always been into it. I knew I needed to start seriously playing myself when I would always sit there and tap beats that I made up with my feet and fingers in school and always get yelled at by teachers. Now, I can't help but hear a song and air drum to it. For the most part I've taught myself how to play. There is nothing like having an audience watching you and cheering for you because you blew them away with your drumming when you have a 7 year drummer for a brother standing there and he taught you nothing :)
Old 01-05-2007, 08:29 PM

O.K. - Here it goes...........

real name? Michael Catone

age? 36

how long been playing? 33 years (first sat behind a drumkitw/sticks @ 3 years old

origin of user name? Drum corp instructor always saying "gimme some chops"

top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Vinnie C, Dave W., JoJo M, Stewart C.

make of drumkit? Sonor Force 3005

make of cymbal? Sabian AAX Brilliants

where do you practice? Home, Studio Hall

are you in a band/s? 2 bands

covers or originals? One cover, the other cover plus some originals

what style of music? Cover band- Current country w/current rock (Kenny Chesney to Nickelback) the other 70's - 80's popular rock/dance

favourite take out food? Guida's
country? United States of America

one really odd fact about yourself? Held up the first hole of the Ryder Cup in 1995 at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, NY, because of my drum trailer, they thought it was a 'bomb'!! Delayed the game 1 hour and 30 minutes (or so)

how did you start drumming? Watching my older brother play the drums
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Sonor 3005 Pics.zip (1.58 MB, 274 views)

Last edited by CHOPS36; 01-05-2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: duh on my part -
Old 01-06-2007, 03:24 AM

Hello Drummerworld,
I'm a long time visitor to the forums, first time poster. First let me say thank you to everyone responsible for the creation and upkeep of DW. The amount of information you guys have compiled is amazing. DW is usually my first and last stop for most anything I'm looking to learn pertaining to drums. Now that that's out of the way, hi everyone else. I look forward to spending entirely too much time here on the forums.

real name? Brandon Smith
age? 17
how long been playing? Probably about 3 years
origin of user name? An old nickname
top 5 drummers? Eh...John Bonham, Steve Smith...Neil Peart...Dave Weckl and Carter Beauford in no particular order
make of drumkit? Tama
make of cymbal? 2002 Hats and a couple of HHX's
where do you practice? Anywhere I can bring a practice pad or move my hands or feet
are you in a band/s? Not other than the praise and worship band. Rural Alabama doesn't have much of a local music scene
covers or originals? Mostly covers. Every once and a while someone will break out something they wrote.
what style of music? The praise and worship band plays mostly Hillsong/Israel Houghton/something similar, while I have been known to play most anything I could figure out how to play.
favourite take out food? Steak-out
country? U.S.A.
one really odd fact about yourself? For the most part I'm socially retarded.
how did you start drumming? One summer when I was about 11, the band director called my house and asked if I wanted to play as they were short a couple of bass drummers. That started me into percussion in general but I didn't start playing set until I realized I was the worst guitar player out of my group of friends. We were trying to start a band for the school talent show when we realized we didn't have a drummer and since I did the marching percussion thing, I was the natural candidate for 'drummer'.

Last edited by ChannelFish; 01-06-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: I apparently don't know how to put words together in a sentence that makes sense.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:16 PM

Hi, like many people, there is long time ago that I know this website but it's the first time that I post Anything so, I introduce myself :

real name? Michel Jérémy

age? 22

how long been playing? 7 years

origin of user name? All people tell Me Mitch "the barbarian"...

top 5 drummers? Lars Ulrich, Vinnie Paul, Dave Lombardo ...

make of drumkit? Sonor Force 2001

make of cymbal? Sabian XS

where do you practice? Home

are you in a band/s? not for the moment

what style of music? Metal

country? Belgium

how did you start drumming?When I have seen a metallica gigs
Old 01-07-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Hello All!

I'm new to the boards here, I've been browsing for some time now and decided to join. Just thought I would introduce myself! :)

real name? Dennis
age? 20
how long been playing? 7 years
origin of user name? I just thought it sounded cool when I started using it oh so long ago
top 5 drummers? Marco Minnemann, Dave Weckl, Tommy Igoe, Bobby Jarzombek, Virgil Donati, although it is impossible to choose 5!
make of drumkit? RMV
make of cymbal? Sabian
where do you practice? At home
are you in a band/s? No
covers or originals? N/A
what style of music? I like to attempt to play all styles of music, some i'm better at than others!
favourite take out food? A&W or Pizza
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself? I think I have irritable bowel syndrome.
how did you start drumming? On a SEARS kit I got for christmas.

Last edited by Tyr; 01-07-2007 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:19 PM

real name? Dimitar Barbutov
age? 31
how long been playing? 12 years
origin of user name? My drums
top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Jeff Ballard, Steve Smith, Gary Novak, Manu Katche
make of drumkit? Yamaha Oak Custom
make of cymbal? Zildjian
are you in a band/s? Recently. In a Jazz Quartet.
covers or originals? Standarts.
what style of music? Jazz(Be-bop) and Prog rock from 80`s
favourite take out food? Bulgarian quizine
country? Bulgaria
one really odd fact about yourself? Idiotic sence of humor.
how did you start drumming? I bought ma first kit in 1995.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Gold Member

Default Hello!

Hey guys,
I'm Ian, a 16 year old from High Point, North Carolina. I just started drumming around a month ago. I got a TAMA Stagestar. I'm still using the stock high hat, but they sent me a free Zildjian XBT 16" crash because the crash/ride that came with the kit was broken. Anyway, I'm just getting started and decided I should talk to some people who knew something about drums.

My favorite band is Mastodon (with my favorite drummer, Brann Dailor). My list of favorite drummers is as follows: Brann Dailor, Neil Peart, Phil Collins, and Dave Lombardo.

Anyways, just thought I'd make myself known!

Cheers,
-Ian Pasquini
Old 01-08-2007, 10:08 PM

real name? James Macauley
age? 19
how long been playing? 10 years
origin of user name? Nick Name in Band
top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy, John Blackwell, Billy Cobham, Steve Gadd, Steve White
make of drumkit? Mapex Saturn
make of cymbal? Sabian
are you in a band/s? Pipe band, Rock/Metal Band, Jazz/Fusion Band.
covers or originals? Bit of Both.
what style of music? Tis all about the Fusion
country? Northern Ireland
one really odd fact about yourself? Hate Hairy Toes!!!
how did you start drumming? Seen Local Band Practicing outside an got talking!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Hello!

Welcome, Nice to meet you. Good luck with your drumming.........there are plenty of threads that should answer all your questions you may have. Good Assortment of influences.

Christian Drummers Army
Playing Weapons of Mass Percussion
Old 01-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Platinum Member

Yay, Mastodon! I just picked up Blood Mountain and have been listening to it on my phone for the last week. I love it more every time I listen to it. I've been trying to relate their sound to other bands I like. Something like a mix of King Crimson, Clutch, and the Melvins for the most part. Sometimes I swear I'm listening to Zack Wylde, and then there's one song that reminds of Prong, and another song that has a small part that sounds like Fantomas. I think Leviathan is still my favorite album, but since I only have these two I need some more.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ View Post
Yay, Mastodon! I just picked up Blood Mountain and have been listening to it on my phone for the last week. I love it more every time I listen to it. I've been trying to relate their sound to other bands I like. Something like a mix of King Crimson, Clutch, and the Melvins for the most part. Sometimes I swear I'm listening to Zack Wylde, and then there's one song that reminds of Prong, and another song that has a small part that sounds like Fantomas. I think Leviathan is still my favorite album, but since I only have these two I need some more.
Get Remission, it's my favorite of theirs , I love all their music, though. Everything they did was excellent. I own their 4 albums and Remission was their first full length. I guess there are really 5 albums if you count Lifesblood, but buy Call of the Mastodon instead, it has all the tracks from Lifesblood on it plus a few of their really early songs.

Last edited by Mr. Pasquini; 01-16-2007 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:37 AM

real name? Chris
age? 23
how long been playing? Been playing on and off since I was 16

make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina Club in WMP
make of cymbal? Ill post pics and spec sometime soon. Maybe in my Sig.
where do you practice? My basement.

country? USA

how did you start drumming? Wanted to start a band w/ my friends.

Started at 16. Been playing on and off since then, no formal training really.

The pix below are of a Gretsch Catalina Club that I just recently took possession of. They ARE NOT SET UP due to the fact that I am cleaning them and preparing them for some love.

THIS IS WHATS PICTURED:

Gretsch Catalina Club in White Marine Pearl
16x18 Bass
08x12 Tom
14x14 Floor
05x14 Snare

The snare that I'm using in the picture is an old Peace 5 1/2x14, with some felt strip muffling.

14" Paiste 200 Series Hi-Hats
19" Zildjian Crash/Ride
20" Zildjian Ride w/ Rivet Holes but No Rivets in Dem.

Axis Longboard Single Pedal
Axis Longboard Hi-Hat Stand

Pro-Form Airobic Stationary Bicycle
House Plants
Windows

I'll repost some more pictures as things progress.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:42 PM

real name? Chris
age? 23
how long been playing? Been playing on and off since I was 8

make of drumkit? Yamaha
make of cymbal? Paiste
where do you practice? At home, on the road and the Studio

favourite take out food? Indian / English Roast

country? UK

how did you start drumming? cos i f'in love it..

Old 01-12-2007, 02:33 PM

Owdo, Paul Kellett here.

I'm 33, from Chorley, Lancashire, UK and have been drumming on and off for about 15 years, seriously for the last 4 or so years.

I currently play for the Preston band CopperBomb, playing a mix of metal/thrash stuff.

Due to a motorcycle accident 13 years ago, I have limited use of my left arm. This means I can no longer play an acoustic kit properly as I can't phisycally reach the drums with my left arm (my mates still remember me trying to do a monster solo and falling off my stool in an attempt to reach the floor toms!)

This means I now play a Yamaha DTXpress II e-kit with acoustic cymbals. It's programmed to be a heavy rock hit - good sharp attack on the snare, 4 beefy sounding toms and the hi-hat pedal programmed as a 2nd bass drum when stomped on as well as still allowing normal open/closed sound of the hat. I will be replacing all the rubber pads with Pintech mesh heads in the future as I don't like the feel of the rubber pads (plus, when I get carried away, I tend to be a bit heavy handed and keep snapping Ahead aluminium sticks! The local drum shop refer to me as "the yeti" because of this)

My influences include Dave Lombardo, Derek Roddy, Joey Jordisson, Tommy Lee, Trivium, Pink Floyd, Carcass (circa Swansong era) and some Napalm Death. My style focuses on heavy tom work with plenty of bass drum triplets thrown in.

I have never had lessons and have just picked up drumming by ear and class myself as kind of a "busking drummer" in that I find it much easier to sit with musicians and just play whatever feels right at the time than to play a specific laid-out beat if that makes any sense. I still have much to learn, but enjoy what I do immensely and now that I'm finally with a stable bunch of musicians, I am a lot happier in my playing.

Full Revs

Paul
Attached Images

CopperBomb

Last edited by CopperBomb; 01-12-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM

real name? Doug Austin
age? 22
how long been playing? 13 Years
origin of user name? First initial, last name, birthday
top 5 drummers? (in no particular order) Dennis Chambers, Dave Weckl, Buddy Rich, Terreon Gully, Jojo Mayer
make of drumkit? Pearl
make of cymbal? Zildjan
where do you practice? Currently mostly at my band's practice space, when I'm on my own, in my basement into pillows
are you in a band/s? See previous question :p
covers or originals? Mostly originals, have to throw covers in to appease the masses
what style of music? Mostly funk, touch of rock. Kinda cool. myspace.com/viaregia
country? I've always wanted to visit Zimbabwe, because it has a cool name
one really odd fact about yourself? I'm lysdexic
how did you start drumming? It was time to sign up for band in elementary school and I had no other musical desire, and I liked to hit things with sticks. It came naturally. The rest is history.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:04 AM

real name? Sal Picataggio
age? 21
how long been playing? 8 years drum set, 10 percussion
origin of user name? yyyyeah
make of drumkit? Mapex
make of cymbal? Mostly Sabian, with a Zildjian crash thrown in
where do you practice? warehouse space shared with my band(s) and others
are you in a band/s? The Patrick McDuffy AllStars (www.myspace.com/thepatrickmcduffyallstars) and a new hip-hop project
covers or originals? originals
what style of music? mostly rock, getting into hip hop, played jazz for a long time too
favourite take out food? pizza hands down
country? U S of A
one really odd fact about yourself? Remember the 2003 "fad" of flash mobs? Well I run an organization that does them currently on the University of Florida campus.
how did you start drumming? As a young'un, the middle school jazz band blew my mind, and I joined, the rest is history I suppose
Old 01-16-2007, 08:42 AM

real name- Shaun Antony Espiritu
age- 19
how long been playing- 3 years
origin of user name- its the user name i use on all my accounts. xanga, myspace, etc.
top 5 drummers- danny carey, lars ulrich, buddy rich, joey jordison, neil peart
make of drumkit- tama superstar sl. iron cobra double bass pedals
make of cymbal- sabien b8 rock set
where do you practice- empty room in a pals buisness building.
are you in a band/s- no but looking.
covers or originals- both, it doesnt matter.
what style of music- metal, jazz, funk, blues, rock
favourite take out food- the restaurant that i work at. free food and reallly good.
country- USA
one really odd fact about yourself- i own a sword collection
how did you start drumming- i always wanted to drum even young. i was always into music. i was in school band for 4 years played the guitar 2 years and i started drumming for a friends band.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:11 PM

real name?
markus schmidt

age?

how long been playing?
over 30 years

origin of user name?
i use and love macs, and my name is ...

top 5 drummers?
bill bruford, billy cobham, gavin harrison, shawn pelton, billy ward (in alphabetical order)

make of drumkit?
drum workshop

make of cymbal?
zildjian and paiste

where do you practice?
basement at home

are you in a band/s?
unfortunately no more

favourite take out food?
milka chocolate

country?
germany

one really odd fact about yourself?
no compromises ... try to get the best

how did you start drumming?
like all others ;-)
Old 01-17-2007, 05:16 AM

real name? Anthony S.

age? 14

how long been playing? Been playing since beginning of 6th grade, up till the end of 7th grade, wher i just stopped. Didnt play at all throughout the whole 8th grade. Started playing again in the summer between 8th and 9th grade, it started off as on and off, but ive been getting more and more into it. right now im in 9th, 2nd semester. Twards the beginning of 9th is when i decided i needed a new kit, upgrading from my groove percussion, to an FS. That was alot =)

origin of user name? Cant even remember, it was so long ago

make of drumkit? Pacific FS, 6 piece in Blue to Black Fade. pictures in the pictures thread.

make of cymbal? Meinl all the way!

where do you practice? garage

are you in a band/s? Ive been trying to start a band with my friend for the longest time, but its impossible to find anyone that plays bass, or guitar around here that likes classic rock. So we just jam out in my garage every now and then when were not skating

covers or originals? mostly origionals, but no lyrics, its just a jam band.

what style of music? classic rock

favourite take out food? bacon! and pizza

country? U.S., in South Florida

one really odd fact about yourself? hmm.... Im freakishly passionate about cars?

how did you start drumming? ive always thought they were such a cool instrument, and i just felt like i had to start learning them. There fun
Old 01-19-2007, 01:55 AM

real name - Mike Kemple

age - 24

how long been playing - 22 years (got my first drum at christmas when i was 2)

origin of user name - my band is called epis hum, therefore epis-mike

top 5 drummers - carter beauford, matt cameron, dave lombardo, stewart copeland, tomas haake

make of drumkit - pearl export w/ piccolo snare and one tama rockstar floor tom

make of cymbal - hi hat and ride are zildjian K, 16" A custom, 18" A custom and one cracked 16 year old 18" crash/ride that i just can't bring myself to get rid of

where do you practice - in the recording studio my brother and i own or on a pad at home

are you in a band/s - yep. www.epishum.com if you'd like to check us out

covers or originals - original

what style of music - i've been told all sorts of things but i guess we're an alt. rock band

favourite take out food - vitos, a local pizza joint

country - USA

one really odd fact about yourself - i refuse to eat peas or any food touched by peas

how did you start drumming - my much older sister played drums in the high school marching band and got me started from an early age. haven't stopped since
Old 01-20-2007, 03:50 AM

Real name- Jeff Weeks
Age- 26
How long been playing- 2 years
Origin of user name- Its my EVE online name. Strikes fear into the hearts of noobs. That'll teach them to steal from my can........
Top 5 drummers- (changes constantly)
- Neil Peart
- Danny Carey
- Thomas Lang
- Stanton Moore
- Billy Cobham
Make of drumkit- PDP Mx
Make of cymbal- Sabian and Wuhan
Where do you practice-In my bedroom. Life sucks for me rightnow, I live with my Father in law
Are you in a band/s-I play for my church praise team
Originals-n/a
What style of music-Anything God will let me play
Favorite take out food- Pizza, and anything good...
Country- America
How did you start drumming-I took over for a guy that totally sucked
Old 01-20-2007, 05:56 AM

Name: Jeff Martin
Years Playing: 7
Make of Drum Kit: 5 Piece Mapex M Series (Older Pro M)
Make of Snare: Chad Smith Signature Snare Drum
Top 5 Drummers:
Neil Peart
Steve Gadd
Buddy Rich
Danny Carey
Mike Portnoy
Make Of Cymbal, Bit of everything, Sabians, Zildjians, and Paiste
Practice Area: Built a home studio out back
Origin of User Name: Just Like The Sound To It
Am I in A Band?: I was In a Pretty Good Proggressive Rock band, but when we started to record our differences set in and we broke up, currently working on finding a jazz Or Symphonic metal band.
Odd Fact: I have a Phobia of Bread, no joke, It's just the fact that it can Mold really easily
How'd I Start?: Cousin plays drums, when I was at his house I loved playing on his Kit, he's still a role modle of mine, he's an excellent drummer.

And yea, thats all you really need to know of me, I hope to progress into these forusm and become an active member
Old 01-23-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Josh Havinga

If you want to know all about me visit thehavingas.com, tell me what you think!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Name: Oskar Lfberg
Years Playing: Almost all my life, my father is a drummer.
Make of Drum Kit: Pearl masters studio (MBX) in ophal white, 5 piece.
Make of Snare: Yamaha steelsnare, 14*6,5
Top 5 Drummers:
Joey Jordison
Chad Smith
Steve Smith
Steve Gadd
Jason Bittner
Make Of Cymbal: Most of all paiste, but a few others.
Practice Area: Specialbuilt room.
Origin of User Name: My name Lfberg without the ""
Am I in A Band?:Not at the moment, but Im looking!
Odd Fact: I have a Phobia of bananas (seriously) I cant eat them, make me feel bad..
How'd I Start?: My dad is a drummer so he learned me play drums before kindergarden
(Not so hard things, like beats on just snare and bass)
Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Silver Member

How long been playing: 5 years

Origin of user name: Latin for solace

Top 5 drummers: Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Josh Freese, Tommy Igoe, Jose Pasillas

Make of drumkit: Pearl Export with PDP maple snare

Make of cymbal: Mainly Zildjian but I use a few Paistes and Sabians as well

Where do you practice: Rumpus room

Are you in a band: Absence of Awareness, just started a few months ago.

Covers or originals: Mainly originals, though we do some covers for fun

What style of music: Alt. Rock

Favourite take out food: Pizza

One odd fact: Last name is Watt and dad is an electrician (ironic?)

How did you start drumming: Began learning concert snare and percussion in year 5, when I hit high shcool I decided to begin learning drum kit.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:11 PM

real name?-Kevin McCloskey
age?-28
how long been playing?-11 years on and off, 4 months in current incarnation
origin of user name?-Initials
top 5 drummers?-Art Blakey, Jaimoe and Butch from the Allmans, Ringo, Steve Gadd, Max Roach
make of drumkit?-Was playing Gretsch Catalina club w/ the 18" bass, just bought a matte sienna Yamaha Stage Cust. Nouv. (22,10,12,14) played the snare at last gig, have only played the full set at band practice, love the sound, LOVE the hardware
make of cymbal? Zildjian: 20"K Custom medium ride, 17"K Custom Dark Crash, 14"K Custom Dark Crash, Sabian: 18" AA medium crash, 14" HH regular hats, 10"b8 splash (recently cracked my 12" zild. A custom :( )
where do you practice? Guitar Player's basement or attic
are you in a band? yes: Click here for THE DIRTY TRUTH's myspace page (unfortunately recordings on there now are an earlier lineup with a previous drummer)
covers or originals? 80%+ originals
what style of music?Funky Blues Rock, with some southern fried crunch
favourite take out food? If I eat at home, I usually cook
country? Richmond, Virginia, USA (RVA baby!)
one really odd fact about yourself?Also a Nationally ranked competitive powerlifter
how did you start drumming?highschool loved music, loved the drums, started a band with some buddies.
Will post some pics, and maybe some soundclips in the appropriate places soon

Last edited by KCMcC; 01-24-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: the sabian AA is a 18" crash, not a 20" ride. Strange typo.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:47 AM

real name? Darren

age? 39 (sigh)

how long been playing? 25 years

origin of user name? Terry Pratchett's Discworld

top 5 drummers? Neil Peart, Gavin Harrison, Barriemore Barlow('Tull), Dave Abbruzzese, Josh Freese

make of drumkit? 6 piece Mapex M Birch

make of cymbal? Sabian (2xCrash, 2xSplash, China, Ride)

where do you practice? Local club

are you in a band/s? Yep 'My Husk'

covers or originals? Originals

what style of music? Alternative/Rock

favourite take out food? Chinky

country? Cornwall, England

one really odd fact about yourself? Umm, a Grandfather before I'm 40?

how did you start drumming? Ritch/Kupra drum battle on the tele..waaaay back

Top Ten fav' Bands? Rush, Porcupine Tree, Jethro Tull, Soundgarden, Tool, Radiohead, Kate Bush, Bjork, Kings X, 'Maiiiiden!

My Grandson Connor.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:42 AM

real name? Matt Chandler

age? 25

how long been playing? 12/13 years ish

origin of user name? My surname is Chandler so any user name i have includes Bing... Chandler Bing, Friends... ummm yeah!

top 5 drummers? Jojo, Steve Gadd, John Blackwell, Tre Cool, Travis Baker

make of drumkit? Yamaha Stage Custom

make of cymbal? Zildjian A Customs, 14" Hats, 10" Splash, 16", 17" Crash, 20" Ride

where do you practice? Impact Studios (Reading)

are you in a band/s? Certainly am

covers or originals? Originals

what style of music? Funky Rock

favourite take out food? Indian

country? South UK

one really odd fact about yourself? Chuck Norris Murdered my family

how did you start drumming? Saw a friend drumming at school and loved it.

Top Ten fav' Bands? Blink 182, Muse, Green Day, Foo Fighters, tooo many to mention

www.myspace.com/sleepthiefuk
Old 01-26-2007, 03:33 PM

real name? Gabe P
age? 27
how long been playing? 14 years (5 year layoff in college/apartment years)
origin of user name? first two letters of my first/middle/last name
top 5 drummers? Stewart Copeland, Tim Alexander, Glenn Kotche, Ginger Baker, Ringo Starr
make of drumkit? Ludwig Accent (refinished)
make of cymbal? A Zildjian, a couple of saludas...soon to be more.
where do you practice? Spare bedroom
are you in a band/s? between bands
covers or originals? we did a little of both
what style of music? The band I was in the 401(k)'s was a punk band but that wasn't my style. I like Blues-Based rock and some alt-country
favourite take out food? Bar-B-Que
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I am a Pole Vault/Distance runners coach at the high school I teach at...not sure how odd that is. I'll get back to that.
how did you start drumming? Tried Guitar, Piano earlier...decided to try drums and that was the one that has stuck the most.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:24 PM

real name? Tom Lange
age? 56
how long been playing? 42 years (first 5 years no kit, would beat on sheet metal and old lunch box or anything else I could find)
origin of user name? first last name, drums
top 5 influential drummers? Gene Krupa, Buddy Rich, Chick Webb, Bernard Purdie, Ginger Baker
make of drumkit? Ludwig 60s vintage sparkle blue pearl (practice kit, retired from service), Ludwig Classic Birch (perfomance kit)
make of cymbal? A Zildjian, Zildjian ZBT series
where do you practice? Basement
are you in a band/s? Currently with "Icuras Drifting"
covers or originals? we did a little of both
what style of music? Blues-Based rock, mainstream rock
country? USA
how did you start drumming? I was 14 at the time, and heard another guy down the block practicing a simple rock beat, and I found that I could play it along with songs on the radio.
Attached Images

Last edited by tomlangedrums; 01-29-2007 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 PM

Full Name: Jonas Lengvinas
Country, City: Lithuania,Siauliai
I'm 17,5 years old (18 in summer)

About drums: Hey :) i play almost 6 years, i got some YAMAHA Hipgig kit, with random cymbals, i really like jazz, playalong, play funk, drum'n'bass (never played rock). Month ago i bought double pedal. I'm member of local city Bigband "Siauliu Senjoru Bigbendas". Later i will add some videos to youtube, but you can also suscribe to me "dzionix".
Favorite sticks Vic Firth - Dave Weckl EVOLUTION... I really like them that color fits to my kit :D
Watch some photos and say whoos good and bad :D
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2007, 03:31 PM

real name? Arko
age? 29
how long been playing? A little over 10 years now
origin of user name? A Miles Davis song
top 5 drummers? Too many to answer...Viinie Colaiuta, Gene Lake, Steve Jordan, Questlove, Jeff Porcaro, Carter Beauford, Stanton Moore....aw come on!
make of drumkit? Mapex Pro-M in Caramel Fade
make of cymbal? All Zildjian: K Custom Medium Ride (22"), K Custom Dark Crash
(18"), A Custom Projection Crash (16"), sveral splashes
where do you practice?: In my drum room
are you in a band/s?: Yeah
covers or originals?: Both
what style of music?: Soul-funk underscored with jazzy guitars, a little electronic stuff thrown in
favourite take out food?: Chinese
country? India
one really odd fact about yourself?: My face twitches real bad when pulling off tricky stuff
how did you start drumming?: At age 7, with the tabla

Last edited by cantstandyourfunk; 02-12-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Closed Thread