DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #801  
Old 09-02-2006, 05:53 AM
thefrankenator's Avatar
thefrankenator thefrankenator is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: tipperary central ireland
Posts: 9
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name?---frank
age?--- 19
how long been playing? --- 3 and 1/2 years
origin of user name? .......guess
top 5 drummers? --- joey jordison, chris adler, larz ulrich, danny carey, dave mclain
make of drumkit? --- tama + pearl + duct tape (only kiddin bout the tape)
make of cymbal? --- sabian + zildjian
where do you practice? --- garage
are you in a band/s? --- yus http://OurLastStand.bebo.com
covers or originals? --- both to get gig's we need covers
what style of music? --- funky rock indie?
favourite take out food? --- pizza!!
country? --- ireland
one really odd fact about yourself? --- its ten to 5 in the morning here....... that'll do
how did you start drumming? --- picked up stic.... sorry. always wanted to, beat many wooden spoons off many tins till i got round to buyin me first kit
__________________
youll have to speak up im wearing a towel

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=8446
  #802  
Old 09-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Mimi Mimi is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: gatineau,qc (Canada)
Posts: 2
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Real name ? Mimi...for real !!!
Age ? How dare you ? O.k. 45 but look so much younger
How long been playing ? Believe or not only since Feb. 2006
Origin of user name ? Dam...it's my name
Top 5 drummers ? Give me time to get to know them, but I like Travis Barker
Make of Drumkit ? very cheap one
Make of cymbal ? very cheap one...actually don't even think it's a real one ???
Where do you practice ? at home between laundry and cleaning
Are you in a band/s ? Nope...not yet, still waiting for a call
Covers or originals ? originals
What style of music ? Rock...yeah! definitly rock
Favourite take out food ? Yerk...don't like take out at all...I am a very good cook
Country ? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself ? Don't you think starting drums at 45 is odd enough or do I need more ?
How did you start drumming ? started in my head as a kid because my father told me that drums were for boys only....so he bought me a flute !!!
  #803  
Old 09-04-2006, 09:50 PM
KalashnikoV's Avatar
KalashnikoV KalashnikoV is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 85
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Daniel
age? 14
how long been playing? only a year now, but hopefully continuing much longer
origin of user name? It's the band I "play" in
top 5 drummers? In no particualr order(becaue I could never decide)Tony Royster Jr, Buddy Rich, John Dolmayan, Dennis Chambers, Tim Waterson (if I couldnt find more clichéd names...)
make of drumkit? a cheap CB drums 5 piece
make of cymbal? stock CB's that came with the set
where do you practice? at home and at my high school
are you in a band/s? if you could call it that
covers or originals? both
what style of music?metal
favourite take out food?KFC, in all it's greasy glory
country?United States
one really odd fact about yourself? I once frisbee'd a pizza into a stranger
how did you start drumming? I started with private lessons after my 7th grade year for a bit before the school year started and I joined band.
  #804  
Old 09-05-2006, 10:31 PM
jameshorn0 jameshorn0 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? James Horn
age? 19
how long been playing? 8 years-ish
origin of user name? it's my e-mail address
top 5 drummers? In no particular order (it keeps chainging everyday): Buddy Rich, Derek Roddy, Virgil Donati, Jojo Mayer and erm........Animal!
make of drumkit? Pearl 2001 ELX kit in ebony mist but soon to be refinished in Green Sparkle!
make of cymbal? zildjian sabian paiste
where do you practice? at home and university
are you in a band/s? in a prog band at uni, hopefully going to be joining the big band
covers or originals? both
what style of music? everything
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? United Kingdom (England to be more specific!)
one really odd fact about yourself? I am related to one of the people originally responsible for introducing sheep to New Zealand
how did you start drumming? saw a friend doing it and it looked fun, I was particularly inspired by my dad though
  #805  
Old 09-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Drumming Dazza Drumming Dazza is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
Default New member saying hello.

G'day, im Darren.

I dont think i need to go on about how iam a drummer, for obviouse reasons. Anyway, i play a Sonor 2005 force kit and have done some alterations to it. I play rhythem n' blues and melod rock. If you have any questions about me, my kit (in the picture) or my music, feel free to message.

Thanks guys.
  #806  
Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 AM
DrumProgressive's Avatar
DrumProgressive DrumProgressive is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 527
Default Re: New member saying hello.

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the forum. I don't wanna sound harsh but since here every subject has it's place on this forum you thread will probably be moved to the "your place" section. Over there you can also post pictures of you sonor and post some audio files if you have some.

Anyway, enjoy this place.
  #807  
Old 09-06-2006, 11:27 AM
NUTHA JASON's Avatar
NUTHA JASON NUTHA JASON is offline
Senior Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london
Posts: 3,903
Default Re: New member saying hello.

yes welcome. let's see your goodies.

j
__________________

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
  #808  
Old 09-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Barefoot's Avatar
Barefoot Barefoot is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Illinois, US
Posts: 2
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name: Tony
age: 38
how long been playing: since I was 10 yrs old
origin of user name: I play barefoot
top 5 drummers: Louis Bellson, Neil Peart, John Bonham, Cozy Powell, and whoever is playing on whatever song I'm currently listening to that has a great groove
make of drumkit: Pearl
make of cymbal: Paiste
where do you practice: Basement with sound-offs
are you in a band/s: Yep
covers or originals: covers
what style of music: Rock is my specialty
favourite take out food: Pizza
country: USA
one really odd fact about yourself: I like the Wiggles
how did you start drumming: In the 5th grade, when they asked all the kids if they wanted to play an instrument and which one. I knew I wanted to play drums before they asked. Support your local music programs!
__________________
It's not the drums, it's the drummer
  #809  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:53 AM
Fabio-Aguilera Fabio-Aguilera is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Costa Rica (Central America)
Posts: 1
Default For those who love drums... Hi!!!!

Hi people, How do you do?
I'm a new member of this amazing forum. I've been checking the page for information about the greatest drummers, solos mp3 and videos. I'm the son of a musician and I inherited the love for drums. Actually I'm taking lessons from my father and I am studying by myself too. Drummerworld clinic resources have been a great way for me to improve myself as a drummer and the biographies have let me know about the legends of this art.

My music: I love jazz...
The drummers I admire: Dennis Chambers (I also like Santana music), Jojo Mayer, Buddy Rich, Alex Gonzáles (Maná), and José "Joe" Aguilera (I believe Joe should be included in Drummerworld list of artist. He is simply amazing. He is consider the best reggae roots player in Central America. He have recorded many cds with famous musicians of Costa Rica and have played in the same escenary with world famous artist too.)
I would like to...: be one of the greatest drummers of all time ( I have a lot to do for making this dream come true, but I'll fight for it!)

My e-mail is fabioaguilera11@yahoo.es
  #810  
Old 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Drum_Till_I_Drop's Avatar
Drum_Till_I_Drop Drum_Till_I_Drop is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 16
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Real Name: Alex
Age: 14 (nearly 15)
How long have you been playing?: Nearly 2 years
Username Origin?: On a promo poster dont remeber what for
Top 5 Drummers: Josh Freese, John Dolmayan, John Bonham, Steve Gadd, Dennis Chambers
Kit: Yamaha
Cymbals: crappy ones im replacing soon
Where do you practice: Upstairs room with windows open :D, practice pad, knees, at school
Band? 2 school bands, one orchestral one swing/jazz
Cover or Originals? Covers i guess
What style of music? Rock, Heavy Metal and Jazz
Favourite Take out food: NANDOS!
Country: Australia
Odd fact about yourself? I have really long earlobes
How did you get into drumming? I played sax for four years or so until yr 8 when i was accepted into a special instrumental program and put on percussion, found it was great fun and never turned back.
  #811  
Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Thedrummerboy Thedrummerboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4
Default Re: For those who love drums... Hi!!!!

Hello mate! I to have been very helped with the solos and mp3 songs on this site. Buddy Rich as you say is a very experienced drummer.I've heard Dennis chambers sometimes and i like him too. Travis barker is an underestimated drummer just cause his way of music style but i think he's good at holding the tempo.Its good that you've start playing drums or i dont know if you've been playing for long now. Are you in a band or something like that? its very good being in a band you get to learn much more than just drumming alone. Like cooperating and such. Well good luck! mate!
  #812  
Old 09-14-2006, 03:01 PM
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ's Avatar
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana Swamp
Posts: 1,739
Default Re: For those who love drums... Hi!!!!

Welcome to the forum.
__________________
Listen to WWOZ
Tape Op
  #813  
Old 09-14-2006, 04:36 PM
y0avz's Avatar
y0avz y0avz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 120
Default Re: For those who love drums... Hi!!!!

Hi...And welcome to the forum, I think you can learn alot from this site, and maybe help people also... but most important...you should enjoy being here, and enjoy playing drums...'cause this is why we are all here.
__________________
Peter Griffin: "Lois, Men aren't fat, Only fat women are fat".
  #814  
Old 09-14-2006, 09:30 PM
DontDanceHobbit's Avatar
DontDanceHobbit DontDanceHobbit is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: US>MA>Saugus
Posts: 4
Default Greetings!

Hello all. New forum member here. After lurking for a bit, this looks like a good community so I decided to register.

Anyway, my name's scott. I'm 19, been playing for about seven years now.

I was into metal for my younger days and although I still listen to it more than any other genre, I'm not as interested in the straight-up speed, double bas, blahblah playing that much any more. My last band just split up after a short but fun two years.

I'm an admitted gear-head, so that's the forum I'll probably be in the most. Nothing better than a well set-up kit!

Right now I'm using a...

Tama Rockstar that I refinished. Standard 12,13,16,22. Usually set up as a 4-piece.
Pearl Chad Smith Signature Snare
Zbt Hats (ouch!)
Paiste Sound Formula Heavy Ride 20" -or- Ufip Rough Ride 20" (both for sale btw)
Sabian HHX Evolution crashes, 16" and 18"
Wuhan Chinas 16" and 19"

Recently I've been drawing inspiration from: Tim Alexander, Nicko McBrain, Bill Bruford, a few others....

See you around. Sorry for my absurdly long post!
__________________
"I had a friend who took a belt, took a belt and hung himself..."
  #815  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:05 PM
scav_engr scav_engr is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3
Default Re: Greetings!

Welcome dude! I in fact am new myself, just hours ago.... hehe... Saw the same, looks like a pretty active site, cya around.

sc
  #816  
Old 09-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Wegadrummer's Avatar
Wegadrummer Wegadrummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Norway
Posts: 1,260
Default Re: Greetings!

Welcome,welcome.. Show respect and have fun talking drums.
  #817  
Old 09-15-2006, 04:02 AM
RudimentalDrummer's Avatar
RudimentalDrummer RudimentalDrummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,476
Default Re: Greetings!

Yes, a most warm welcome to another new member of DrummerWorld...have fun and am looking forward to more posting from you.
  #818  
Old 09-15-2006, 08:03 PM
DontDanceHobbit's Avatar
DontDanceHobbit DontDanceHobbit is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: US>MA>Saugus
Posts: 4
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Aah thanks for moving my post to this forum, anyway, might as well fill that survey:

real name? Scott
age? 19
how long been playing? 7 years
origin of user name? A friend said it to me, she wrote a short story wherein I was a hobbit
top 5 drummers? Changes a lot: Tim Alexander, Gene Hoglan, Nicko Mcbrain, Bill Bruford, Mike Portnoy (I know)
make of drumkit? Tama w/ Pearl snare
make of cymbal? Sabian, Wuhan, Zildjian, Ufip, Pasite, heh.
where do you practice? Home/basement
are you in a band/s? Yes
covers or originals? Originals
what style of music? Thrash
favourite take out food? Pizza
country? I'm from the US, I enjoy the music sometimes, not the very pop-stuff.
one really odd fact about yourself? Vegetarian, love video games and anal sex.
how did you start drumming? I've always wanted to be a bassist, haha.
__________________
"I had a friend who took a belt, took a belt and hung himself..."
  #819  
Old 09-16-2006, 03:46 AM
Pablo Diego Pablo Diego is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name - Pablo Diego do Nascimento
age - 19
how long been playing - four years
origin of user name - well, more easy, just my name
top 5 drummers - My teacher, Tony Williams, Buddy Rich, Elvin Jones, Joe Morello.
make of drumkit - Pearl Forum Series
make of cymbal - Zildjian
where do you practice - school of music lorenzo fernandez and at home.
are you in a band/s - Nope.
covers or originals - n/a
what style of music - samba, jazz, rock, chorinho ..... .... .... ...
favourite take out food - brazilian and italian food.
country - Brazil
one really odd fact about yourself - i´m carioca !
how did you start drumming - i dont know, i really dont know how lol !
  #820  
Old 09-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Almuric's Avatar
Almuric Almuric is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Estero, Florida, USA
Posts: 138
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Hi to all! I was here before but it has been a while ago... 'bout a year or so, forgot my username and stuff so I just re-registered. Glad to be back.

real name? Jeff
age? 49
how long been playing? 45 years
origin of user name? From a Robert E. Howard (author of Conan the Barbarian) book
top 5 drummers? Rich, Peart, Bozzio, Erskine, McBrain. (today)
make of drumkit? Rogers
make of cymbal? Zildian, Sabian, Paiste
where do you practice? Bob's house
are you in a band/s? Yes http://www.timeandahalf.net
covers or originals? Both
what style of music? Classic Rock
favourite take out food? Pizza or Chinese, but I love to cook.
country? USA
one really odd fact about yourself? Poet
how did you start drumming? Went to the circus at four years old. Sat next to orchestra pit and was more interested in the drummer than the tigers and elephants. Did the whole "wooden spoons and pots and pans" thing and I guess I still am.
  #821  
Old 09-18-2006, 03:25 PM
James O.'s Avatar
James O. James O. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pasadena, FL
Posts: 2
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Real name - James O'Brien

Age - 17

How long been playing? - Around 13 years

Origin of user name - It's my name! haha

Top 5 drummers - Vinnie C., Buddy Rich, Steve Gadd, Tony Royster Jr., Rodney Homes, and my teacher, John Spinelli

Make of drumkit - Premier

Make of cymbal - Zildjian

Where do you practice - Garage

Are you in band/s - Currently no

Covers or originals - Preferably originals

What style of music - Anything that sounds good!

Favourite take out food - Pizza

Country - USA

One really odd fact about yourself - Hmm....I laugh a LOT

How did you start drumming - When I was around 5, I was with my dad in his truck listening to some song I can't remember, and he asked me if I've ever thought about playing an instrument, and the first one to pop in my mind was drums! So right then and there we went to the music store, bought a practice pad, and signed up for lessons.

I took lessons for 7 years after that, for for the past 5 (going on 6) years, I've been on my own teaching myself new things.
  #822  
Old 09-18-2006, 04:19 PM
last man to bat's Avatar
last man to bat last man to bat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: East Anglia
Posts: 251
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name: dan sceasts
age: 38
how long been playing: 25 years
origin of user name: not very good at cricket
top 5 drummers:
make of drumkit: mapex deep forest in cherry
make of cymbal: Zildjan Zs
where do you practice: the band's studio
are you in a band/s: yes
covers or originals: originals
what style of music: folk rock/punk stuff
favourite take out food: indian
country: england
one really odd fact about yourself: don't Know 5 drummers
how did you start drumming: the Jam's 'town called malice' and budgie from the Banshees
  #823  
Old 09-19-2006, 12:56 AM
zappafan's Avatar
zappafan zappafan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 118
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Tony
age? 43
how long been playing? 2 years
origin of user name? Zappa is King :D
top 5 drummers? Neil Peart , Keith Moon , Bonzo , Buddy Rich , Gary McCracken (Max Webster)
make of drumkit? Mapex Pro M
make of cymbal? Sabian HH and HHX , Zildjian K
where do you practice? Spare room in my house
are you in a band/s? Nope
covers or originals? Both (prefer originals when jamming with friends')
what style of music? Rock and Blues
favourite take out food? Chinese
country? Canada
one really odd fact about yourself? I use to like watching Melrose Place.....I know :)
how did you start drumming? Air drummer forever (and quite a good one I may add)..bought a house and now have my own kit (not nearly as good at playing it as I am an air drummer ;))
  #824  
Old 09-21-2006, 09:08 PM
badlydubbedsean's Avatar
badlydubbedsean badlydubbedsean is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Town Called Malice
Posts: 435
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Sean Canty

age? 13

how long been playing? 2 years

origin of user name? er. . . programme badly dubbed porn, which i dont watch. . .

top 5 drummers? stewart copeland, stevie wyle, zak starkey, rick buckler, me!

make of drumkit? mapex

make of cymbal? zildjian

where do you practice? in my ssoundproofed shed

are you in a band/s? - yes

covers or originals? covers and im writing

what style of music? rock, punk, classic r'n'b, jazz, chill

favourite take out food? pizza

country? uk

one really odd fact about yourself? i have a rock and roll family! thatcher resigned 2 hours after my bro was born and i was born at six o clock, 6/6

how did you start drumming? er. . . i used to 'drum' with cutlery when i was little at mealtime.
__________________
Badly Dubbed Sean
view my kit at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyAa5dsMFw
  #825  
Old 09-21-2006, 09:08 PM
badlydubbedsean's Avatar
badlydubbedsean badlydubbedsean is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Town Called Malice
Posts: 435
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Sean Canty

age? 13

how long been playing? 2 years

origin of user name? er. . . programme badly dubbed porn, which i dont watch. . .

top 5 drummers? stewart copeland, stevie white, zak starkey, rick buckler, keith moon

make of drumkit? mapex

make of cymbal? zildjian

where do you practice? in my ssoundproofed shed

are you in a band/s? - yes

covers or originals? covers and im writing

what style of music? rock, punk, classic r'n'b, jazz, chill

favourite take out food? pizza

country? uk

one really odd fact about yourself? i have a rock and roll family! thatcher resigned 2 hours after my bro was born and i was born at six o clock, 6/6

how did you start drumming? er. . . i used to 'drum' with cutlery when i was little at mealtime.
__________________
Badly Dubbed Sean
view my kit at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyAa5dsMFw

Last edited by badlydubbedsean; 10-09-2006 at 08:10 PM.
  #826  
Old 09-22-2006, 02:51 AM
Pinner's Avatar
Pinner Pinner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Getting ready to move to Spokane, WA.Born in California live in Washington State
Posts: 103
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Real name?Pinner, it's on my tattoo kinda like a birth cert
Age?rock star age um 29
How long been playing?on and off since 1988 went through 4 sets getting my 5th
Origin of user name?It is my nick name given to me by a shredder chick guitar player that was 5'10 and I am 5'0 small and tight.
Top 5 drummers?Scott Rockenfield ,Joey Krame,Leonard Haze,Brian Downey,Tommy Aldridge,Neil Peart,Cozy Powell,Chris Slade oops hard to stop
Make of drumkit?#1 Gracie, #2 Pearl EX #3 Ludwig #4 Premier. Things happen through out the years and they had to be sold and I am happy to say I was not on drugs lol #5 Pearl ELX on a UPS truck to me as I type
Make of cymbal?Paiste
Where do you practice?In an extra room in my house
Are you in a band/s?No but I would love to learn Christian rock and jam at a church as a fill in.
Covers or originals?Covers and some original fills
What style of music?Rock,Metal,Blues,Thrash normal head banging stuff
Favourite take out food?Indian
Country?USA
One really odd fact about yourself?I have met many well know musicians but I don't know who they play with.I hung out with ACDC and did not know their names till they told me.Had a nice day with Cliff and then Chris at Fashion Island in Newport Beach,CA..I did tell the singer from Rat in Hollywood no to cuts at the bathroom at the big T, I had to go bad!
How did you start drumming?I love music and my fingers are to short for strings and I just love feeling the beat of the drums.I had a 15 year old boy show me how to work the bass along with the hats and toms it was magical.
  #827  
Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
cheryl's Avatar
cheryl cheryl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: England
Posts: 40
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name?Cheryl
age?31
how long playing?On and off since the age of 16
origin of user name?My very own
Top 5 drummers?Eric Singer,Peter Criss,John Bonham,Chad Smith,Taylor Hawkins....
Make of drum kit?I'll let you know
Make of cymbal?" "
Where do you practice?Anywhere!
What style of music?Rock,funk
Favourite takeout food?Indian
Country?England
One really odd fact about yourself?Not so much odd,but a bit stupid...Im terrified off people dressed up in costumes!!!Disney is an absolute nightmare...

Last edited by cheryl; 09-26-2006 at 05:37 PM.
  #828  
Old 09-22-2006, 06:44 PM
parser's Avatar
parser parser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: portland, OR
Posts: 373
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl
Im terrified off people dressed up in costumes!!!
Hmm, there's a costumed fella in your avatar (mwahahaha), welcome to the forum!
  #829  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:13 PM
cheryl's Avatar
cheryl cheryl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: England
Posts: 40
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by parser
Hmm, there's a costumed fella in your avatar (mwahahaha), welcome to the forum!
Yeah,i make allowances for Eric!!!!LOL..Thanx for the welcome xx
  #830  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:22 PM
parser's Avatar
parser parser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: portland, OR
Posts: 373
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl
Yeah,i make allowances for Eric!!!!LOL..Thanx for the welcome xx
Aww, he's just a pussy cat anyway. :)
  #831  
Old 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM
badlydubbedsean's Avatar
badlydubbedsean badlydubbedsean is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Town Called Malice
Posts: 435
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryl
real name?Cheryl
age?31
how long playing?On and off since the age of 16
origin of user name?My very own
Top 5 drummers?Eric Singer,Peter Criss,John Bonham
Make of drum kit?I'll let you know
Make of cymbal?" "
Where do you practice?Anywhere!
What style of music?Rock,funk
Favourite takeout food?Indian
Country?England
One really odd fact about yourself?Not so much odd,but a bit stupid...Im terrified off people dressed up in costumes!!!Disney is an absolute nightmare...
meh my best mate was scared of them, he overcame his fear at disneyland paris
__________________
Badly Dubbed Sean
view my kit at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyAa5dsMFw
  #832  
Old 09-23-2006, 10:59 AM
imperfect gentleman's Avatar
imperfect gentleman imperfect gentleman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: california
Posts: 44
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? kevin ian common (stage name)

age? 25

how long been playing? seriously for maybe two years

origin of user name? best keep that one a secret

top 5 drummers? these have been the influences: stephen morris (joy division), sam fogarino (interpol), justin vidal (personal friend of mine), russ akin (another personal friend), kimberli aparicio (butch versus femme)

make of drumkit? premier, but i am currently lusting after the catalina club mod black stripe model

make of cymbal? sabian, factory metal percussion

where do you practice? room

are you in a band/s? - yes i play guitar/sing for the common men and i drum for razorblade monalisa

covers or originals? originals

what style of music? both bands can best be described as post-punk

favourite take out food? chinese, japanese, pizza

country? i'm in california

one really odd fact about yourself? i enjoy taking apart pianos and playing the strings with anything other than the actual keys

how did you start drumming? i started to compose at a young age, and due to an early lack of steady bandmates, i started to write/record everything myself... i graduated from "found" percussion to a the kit a friend of mine gave me
__________________

the common men

www.myspace.com/thecommonmen
  #833  
Old 09-24-2006, 03:58 PM
drumeez drumeez is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Damien Jones

age? 26

how long been playing? 12 years

origin of user name? drumeez is the secret language of the marching percussionist

top 5 drummers? Carter Beauford, Danny Carey, Terry Bozzio, Tony Williams, Art Blakey

make of drumkit? PDP
make of cymbal? Various

where do you practice? Basement and whereever i can

are you in a band/s? - http://myspace.com/paradigmpulse, I am also looking to get into some other projects

covers or originals? originals

what style of music? People have called it Progressive Alternative

favourite take out food? Chicken

country? USA(sorry world)

one really odd fact about yourself? I write in my sleep

how did you start drumming? I started playing trumpet at 8 becuase my brother was drummer, then I started playing drums at 13 because my brother was a drummer.
__________________
__________________
Searching for that next plateau
  #834  
Old 09-24-2006, 04:31 PM
cracklebag cracklebag is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: up north England
Posts: 1
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name: john
age : 29
how long been playing: nearly 2 years
origin of user name; just a word i use if i don't know what something is!
top 5 drummers: hummm,
make of drumkit: Pearl elx,and Dtxplorer
make of cymbal:Sabian, (saving to upgrade)
where do you practice: spare room next to the ironing board,

are you in a band/s: no
covers or originals:n/a
what style of music:

favourite take out food: Dominos pizza
country: England
one really odd fact about yourself: don't know
how did you start drumming: my mate gave me a go of his and i was hooked from then
  #835  
Old 09-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Simon D Simon D is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 2
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name? Simon Dring
age? 29
how long been playing? 20 years
origin of user name? er, it's my name...!
top 5 drummers? Billy Ward, Vinnie Colaiuta, Lindsay Jamieson, Dennis Chambers, Steve White
make of drumkit? Premier Series maple in Red Moon Sparkle
make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, Paiste
are you in a band/s? two - a pro function band and a rock covers band, plus deps/sessions for other bands & musicians
covers or originals? covers
what style of music? rock/pop
favourite take out food? pizza
country? England
one really odd fact about yourself? I really like baby penguins
how did you start drumming? hard to say - I've always wanted to play drums!
  #836  
Old 09-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Goody602's Avatar
Goody602 Goody602 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 110
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Real name: Greg Goodwin
Age: 22
How long been playing: On and off since I was about 11
Origin of screenname: Nickname combined with my favorite line of cymbals, Paiste 602's
Top 5 drummers: So hard to pick just 5, off the top of my head--- John Bonham, David Garibaldi, Bernard Purdie, Steve Gadd, Danny Carey
Make of drumkit: Ludwig maple
Make of cymbals: Mostly Paiste, a few Zildjian K's
Where do you practice: On anything and everything
Band: I wish, mostly I play alone or jam with buddies, nothing serious
Take out food: BBQ
Something weird: Can roll my tongue between 1 to 5 loops and also upsidedown
Country: U.S.A.
Reason started playing: Heard Bonham's right foot on "Good Times Bad Times" and instantly decided that I had to be able to do that on a drum kit. Took an old junk bass pedal from a broken school set and built a set out of wood, trash can lids and buckets until I could afford my first kit
  #837  
Old 09-26-2006, 03:52 AM
onur_kusadasi's Avatar
onur_kusadasi onur_kusadasi is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kusadasi / Turkey
Posts: 9
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name : onur
age : 23
how long been playing : almost a year
origin of user name : originally me :D
top 5 drummers : dave weckl, nick menza, mike portnoy, lars ulrich, royster jr.
make of drumkit : I have always dream of having Tama pro-rockstar kit
make of cymbal : Istanbul
where do you practice : at studios
are you in a band/s : yes if 2 person countable as a band :D (noname of band)
covers or originals : always originals
what style of music : jazz, metal, pop. actually what we want to play :D
country : Kusadasi / Turkey
one really odd fact about yourself : being selfish
how did you start drumming : one day I went to to the studio for listening to my friends, then I saw that I really wanna play the drums :D
  #838  
Old 09-26-2006, 05:55 PM
cheryl's Avatar
cheryl cheryl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: England
Posts: 40
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlydubbedsean
meh my best mate was scared of them, he overcame his fear at disneyland paris
Hiya!!Oh god no....That place made mine worse...Waiting in line for The Haunted Mansion....Need i say more..lol..
  #839  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Rick_Strong's Avatar
Rick_Strong Rick_Strong is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Windsor Nova Scotia Can.
Posts: 74
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

real name = Rick Strong
age = 46
how long been playing = 3 years
origin of user name = Thats the real thing
top 5 drummers = Steve Smith, Keith Moon, Charlie Watts, Carmine Appice, Buddy Rich
make of drumkit = Sonor Designers , Roland TD6 slightly upgraded
make of cymbal = Zil and Sab
where do you practice = I have a music room
are you in a band/s = House Band at the local pub
covers or originals = a little of both
what style of music = Jaz and Fusion
favourite take out food = hahah after 2 heart attacks and triple by-pass, none
country = Canada
one really odd fact about yourself = too many to mention
how did you start drumming = started at 14 but gave it up for amost 30 years
  #840  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Mr. Helm's Avatar
Mr. Helm Mr. Helm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 71
Default Re: Introduce Yourself

name: Mario Leme
age: 48
player for: 30 years
nick: "Leme" is Portuguese for "helm", a fun coincidence with another drummer singer
5 top playes: Bill Bruford - Phil Collins - John Bonham - Keith Moon - Buddy Rich
drums: Sonor and Odery
cymbals: UFIP, Zildjan, Sabian
practice: my bedroom
bands: Aether, Trucco Classic Rock, recording
covers or originals: both
style: rock, fusion, jazz and pop
fav food: Japanese
country: Brazil
one really odd fact about yourself: I can sing and play drums!
how did you start drumming: accidentally
__________________
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!
http://www.myspace.com/marioleme
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com