DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 PM

Default Heads for Funk ?????

Hey Guys !,

I got remo clear pinstripes at the moment and there ancient and wondered whats the best sort of head for a lovely crack of a snare and nice studio sounding toms? I play a tama swingstar and im getting a starclassic soon but for the for the gig kit im gonna use my swingstar so i do need some new heads !!!

Help apreicated !

Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Heads for Funk ?????

That all kind of depends is there a particular sound your looking for? I know funk, but there have been a lot of different sounding funk drums through out the 40 some odd years. Deep or high tone, short resonance? Also are you playing miced? That could be a factor as well.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Banned

Default Re: Heads for Funk ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyBait911 View Post
Hey Guys !,

I got remo clear pinstripes at the moment and there ancient and wondered whats the best sort of head for a lovely crack of a snare and nice studio sounding toms? I play a tama swingstar and im getting a starclassic soon but for the for the gig kit im gonna use my swingstar so i do need some new heads !!!

Help apreicated !

Thanks

Recently I was playing a Starclassic maple kit in a funk band. For that band I chose Remo Ambassador fibreskins on all toms and kick. I used many snares and they had either Ambassadors or coated CS heads depending on the individual drums. The fibreskins made those Starclassic maples sound gorgeous, warm and punchy. Perfect for funk. At least for my very finger based funk style.