DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-17-2009, 02:17 PM

Default Tama Tom Mounting...Help!

Hi there. Im in need of some advice.
My situation is this, i have three rack toms i need to mount but im split between these two options.

Either the Tama double tom mout,(does this allow you to mount a cymbal on it?)

Or the Tama rack with two boom arms.

I have limited space and dont want clutter, but i dont want to spend more that 150...

or unless you can suggest any others(must be really sturdy.)

any help would be great thanks.

cheers

Not good enough for a DW kit yet...Give it a few years! :P
Old 08-27-2009, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Tama Tom Mounting...Help!

Im fairly certain that the tama double tom stands do not have the option to hold a cymbal stand.

While I only have two rack toms, this might still help. yesterday I bought a used DW double tom stand that does have a clasp in the back for a cymbal stand. Since DW mounts are larget than Tama, I simply replaced the DW ball joints with the ones from my Tama set. Double tom mount with a boom cymbal stand for $75. These DW stands go for $150 new.

I would assume that a rack would take up too much space, as was the case with me.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Tama Tom Mounting...Help!

You could have a tom or two mounted to the kick with a cymbal arm clamped to the main rod that attaches to the bass drum... you could also put them all or some of them on cymbal stand clamps with the tom holder arms...
It all depends on your preference for location and set-up.
I recently bought a new clamp for my right-side mounted remote hi-hat and had to go through all my different options for mounting it. The advantage of mounting to cymbal stands is that you can use the stand for a cymbal AND other drums etc. and it doesn't take up any more space then the cymbal stand already would. I personally like this option because i only have to buy the mounting hardware and not a rack.
Pearl and gibraltar also make 3-way clamps that have a 4th spot in the center to mount to a cymbal stand then you could mount 2 arms for the toms and a cymbal top to put the cymbal up on it...
there are an infinite number of possibilities for mounting all of your gear so take the time to research them all and see what you think would work best for the setup you're looking for.
do you have any pics of your desired set-up? maybe locations of cymbals and drums? if you draw a little top-down picture of where you'd ideally like everything, a solution may present itself as being the clear alternative over all the others.