DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Default Looking to buy my first kit!

Hello!

I have been an aspiring drummer for the past year and a half now, and I am finally deciding to take the plunge and invest in my very first drum kit. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment complex, so my only option is to buy an electric kit. After poking around a bit, I have decided that the Roland TD-9KX kit sounds the most appealing to me (And is within my capital constraints). Are there any other good choices in that money range? I would very much like a kit that will last me for at least 5-10 or so years before I feel I need to upgrade. I am pretty sure I want mesh heads over rubber ones, too, but please do speak your mind if you have another suggestion.

Also, I am going to invest in a double bass pedal right out of the gate, and after a cursory glance at what's to offer, the DW 5002 seem to be a solid choice without costing too much. I am still very much undecided, so any suggestions and tips you may have, I would appreciate. Also, just out of curiosity, is the difference between long and shortboard versions really that significant?

I appreciate any comments and advice you may have! Please bear in mind that I am very much a novice and know only the most basic things drumming encompass. But, hell, that's exactly why I'm looking to buy some! ;D

Thank you!
Old 08-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Looking to buy my first kit!

Both the Roland and the DW pedal should last you 5 years or so. But don't be suprised if you want to upgrade sooner. Drums are addictive. What you need and what you want, usually 2 very seperate agenda's. You'll probably want an acoustic kit, sooner than later. Welcome to Drummerworld.