DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 07-28-2009, 08:15 AM

Default Evans question

About four bought a set of ec2's and i have a problem with one of the heads and it is unplayable and i was wondering if it would even be worth it to contact evans with my problem or not and if so how would i go about doing that.
Regal Tip Sticks
Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Evans question

I would first contact the store where you bought it and attempt to return or exchange it. Most stores would be happy to do that to keep your business.

On the Evans homepage they have the following FAQ answer:

I've experienced a problem with an Evans product. What should I do?

We are sorry to hear of your experience. Please return the Evans product in question to allow us to determine if a defect or other malfunction has occurred. Please complete the brief form linked to below This will generate the required Return Authorization Number (RA#), and provide the return address and related instructions. Upon receipt and evaluation, if a manufacturing defect is revealed, we will quickly send you a replacement. Upon receipt and evaluation, if a manufacturing defect is revealed, we will quickly send you a replacement. [Return Authorization Form] We take a great deal of pride in the products we produce. Every effort is made to produce the finest quality drumheads and drum accessories available. Maintaining our high quality standards over every product that leaves our factory is a continuous process. Though it is an extremely rare occurrence, a defect may get through inspection and we apologize for the inconvenience if this was the case.

Page is here.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM

thank you i didn't see that.
Regal Tip Sticks
Old 07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrubb View Post
About four bought a set of ec2's and i have a problem with one of the heads and it is unplayable
How do you mean "unplayable"? Soggy? Toneless? Won't stay in tune?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:44 PM
audiotech

I had a new Evans 10" G2 clear head about a year ago I had problems with. For some reason or another, I couldn't get the head in tune at the tension rod just left of the Evans logo. I sent it back to the address with a return authorization number and I received a new head a few weeks latter. I always keep a fresh supply of heads for my kits, so the wait didn't bother me. What did bother me though is the time and money spent to package the head, take it to the post office and pay for the shipping back to the company. Next time I'll take it to my drum shop. After all said and done, the drum shop I visit said I should have just brought it back to them for a replacement. DOH! I just didn't want to take it back because even though it was new, I had it for almost 10 months.

Dennis
Old 07-28-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
How do you mean "unplayable"? Soggy? Toneless? Won't stay in tune?
Tonless and won't stay in tune.
Regal Tip Sticks
Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrubb View Post
Tonless and won't stay in tune.
That is the nature of EC2 heads. They are awful. I had that experience with an entire set, but I normally use Clear Emperors/Clear G2's or Coated Ambassadors/Coated G1's.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureRockFury View Post
That is the nature of EC2 heads. They are awful. I had that experience with an entire set, but I normally use Clear Emperors/Clear G2's or Coated Ambassadors/Coated G1's.
Dunno, man. When I switched from Remo to Evans, I traded out some old and played Pinstripes for a set of coated EC2s and was extremely happy with the sound. I didn't experience any quality control issues like the ones described, and in fact played them through a summer of club dates and a CD recording session with no issues.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:02 AM

Thanks guys I got it all taken care of the store i bought it at said to bring it back and they would replace it. Except for the one head i have been extremely satisfied with the EC2's and i will probably use them again.
Regal Tip Sticks
Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparrott View Post
Dunno, man. When I switched from Remo to Evans, I traded out some old and played Pinstripes for a set of coated EC2s and was extremely happy with the sound. I didn't experience any quality control issues like the ones described, and in fact played them through a summer of club dates and a CD recording session with no issues.
I'm currently using Evans and EXTREMELY pleased, but my experiences with the EC2 clears was as previously described. Awful. I wasn't expecting that result at all.

I had to tension to higher tunings than I like to pull out the wrinkles around the edges, I had plies buzzing, less sustain than a Pinstripe, too much papery attack, not audible at the throne, muddy out front, etc...

I'm currently using GPlus Frosted with killer results. Warm, pure, sustain for days, just the right amount of attack.