DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 PM

Default E-Drum Cases???

I have a Roland TD-12 and I am looking to get some sort of cases or bags for it. I know that Roland makes bags for their electronic drums, however I feel that they are over-priced. Any suggestions on bags and or cases that would be good for a mid-sized electronic kit??
Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 PM

Default Re: E-Drum Cases???

Just a few ideas I've been kicking around for my TD-8 kit...

For hardware, rack, throne, pedal, module, etc. I'm thinking about this:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.c...ase?sku=541767

It's 33" X 15" X 14" with wheels and a pull out handle. It's smaller and more manageable than the larger 'trap case 1' that they make (I have the larger and it's just too large to be really manageable most of the time).

I would then get this:

http://www.skbcases.com/music/produc...et=5&c=77&s=77

And stack all the pads and the cymbals in it with pads made from foam in between.

Of course you could try and get one of these and put everything in it:

http://www.skbcases.com/music/produc...et=2&c=77&s=77

Which is 44" long and would probably eat up a whole Edrum kit with ease. The only problem is it gets heavy in a hurry and is a drag to haul up a flight of stairs if necessary.

Two of the smaller rolling mid-sized cases above would also work very well I think not only to fit all of the gear but to make moving it a whole lot easier to do. You could make your own dividers and pads to keep everything separated and protected.

I've given up on using bags alone-I got tired of hearing the 'clunk' of my equipment banging into something. They work to protect against scratches, but not dings and dents. Currently I'm using a slightly oversized SKB case with my drums in bags inside them. That works real well to protect my gear.

Hope this is of some help...
Old 07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Gold Member

Hmm

I would have thought one of these babies would be best:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--PTRPREK1

they do 2 sizes. For me this would do all the pads and the brain. I would not disassemble the frame just fold it up. The HH and bass drum and pedal may have to be carried separately it depends on how much room there is left in the case.

The throne would have to be separate as well so another longish box would possibly be required and that would be it. The amp/combo would also be separate.

Except for your ego of course. I couldn't possibly comment on how to transport that.

Davo
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 PM

I used a 45" "truck pack" for my TD-20 kit. Although I never packed the rack inside, there was plenty of room considering I left the hi-hats on the stand and kick drum on the frame. I also was able to fit my SKB 3U case and a few extra doo-dads.

Needless to say, this is a heavy mo-fo if you have to load it yourself, but I bought a couple of folding aluminum ramps to get it rolled up into the back of my Tahoe (fit like a glove!).
Attached Images