DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 AM

Default Anyone want a Demon Drive single pedal?

I bought it new on ebay on June 1st. I have the receipt to prove it. It arrived at my house on the 8th, and I just got around to testing it and....

I've determined direct drive isn't my thing. I tried a couple Trick and Axis pedals at the store today and didn't like them either. Whoops. I can't return it on ebay, so I'd like to sell it to someone on here. It's in 100% perfect shape, and has been used for less than an hour total. Comes with everything: the box, the case, the manuals, the ninja oil, the drum key, the pedal, the beater, you name it. In 100% as-new condition.

These are out of stock almost everywhere... Musician's Friend won't get them in until June 30th. If you want one, now is a good time. I have 100% perfect feedback on ebay, and am Paypal verified with 40+ transactions.

Please e-mail me at grahm.doughty@gmail.com if you're interested. PMs are fine, but I'll respond to e-mail quicker. I'm going on vacation for 5 days starting tomorrow afternoon, so if you want it soon, contact me tonight. I can provide more pictures and information. Thanks!

Old 06-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Christ-Hammer

Default Re: Anyone want a Demon Drive single pedal?

Price?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 PM

How does $300 shipped sound? $20 cheaper than Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, or ebay, and with free shipping. Let me know!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Christ-Hammer

I really want it, but I don;t have the money right now, if you have no luck in the future I'll msg you again about it, thanks.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:41 PM

In all honesty, if this thing retails for 320, you're asking too much IMHO. I can get a brand spanking new one for 320 with free shipping.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 AM

Good point... but I payed $320 for it just 15 days ago, and used it for less than an hour. Plus I'm going to have to eat $30ish for shipping and paypal fees, so I'll only be making $270 out of this (so I lose $50). And anyone who buys it gets an amazing pedal in perfect condition for $20 off retail. Not to mention that it's sold out almost everywhere...
Old 06-19-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superporpoise View Post
Good point... but I payed $320 for it just 15 days ago, and used it for less than an hour. Plus I'm going to have to eat $30ish for shipping and paypal fees, so I'll only be making $270 out of this (so I lose $50). And anyone who buys it gets an amazing pedal in perfect condition for $20 off retail. Not to mention that it's sold out almost everywhere...
Why dont u post it on ebay if u got it from there I doubt u will get someone around here w the price u r offering. Just my opinion
Old 06-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Gold Member

You will ALWAYS loose some or make it even when you sell something thats used (and it doesnt mather if thats 1 minute or one month)

If you don't like that.. to bad.. thats the unwritten law of selling second hand. then keep playing it and get used to it ;)
Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 PM

If I were you, I would post it on ebay and say it's new in box, if you have the box.

With under 60 minutes of playing, nobody is going to notice, it looks as if it is in mint condition still.

Is it a lie? Yes. Unethical? Perhaps. But with such little playing on it, nobody is going to notice.

I buy things off of ebay aalllllll the time. If something is describe as mint to me and I buy it, and it comes and there is a 1cm scuff on the bottom thats not visible and has no affect on the performance, I personally wouldn't say a word. And I think thats how most people are. I think the buyer would be happy enough with receiving the pedal. I get as giddy as a little girl in a pony store when I get packages.

And I mean full price, what you paid for it. Maybe 5 bucks off to get more lookers.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:28 AM

I'll give you a buck fifty for it.

You'll be saving money on PayPal fees by selling it for less.

Lemme know.
Old 06-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabour Amtik View Post
If I were you, I would post it on ebay and say it's new in box, if you have the box.

With under 60 minutes of playing, nobody is going to notice, it looks as if it is in mint condition still.

Is it a lie? Yes. Unethical? Perhaps. But with such little playing on it, nobody is going to notice.

I buy things off of ebay aalllllll the time. If something is describe as mint to me and I buy it, and it comes and there is a 1cm scuff on the bottom thats not visible and has no affect on the performance, I personally wouldn't say a word. And I think thats how most people are. I think the buyer would be happy enough with receiving the pedal. I get as giddy as a little girl in a pony store when I get packages.

And I mean full price, what you paid for it. Maybe 5 bucks off to get more lookers.

It's both! Listing it as mint is not a problem HOWEVER listing it as new is! Once it's been purchased and out of the box and played for even for 5 minutes it's used.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Funny thing with ebay now. I used to list stuff that I had barely used as "like new" and disclose I had an hour or two of playing time on it but that it was as close to new as you can get without actually being new. Last month I listed a cymbal with "like new" in the description and ebay cancelled my listing because of that.

Personally if I bought something that was listed as "new in box" and got the item and discovered it had been taken out of the box and played with, even if it was in perfect condition, I would be pissed and consider that a fraudulant ebay listing. I think by stating honestly in the ad that you used it for a small amount of time, didn't like it and that it was in perfect condition you would be better off and get almost full price for it. You can set a minimum price you will accept on ebay and if it doesn't get that then don't sell it.

Or you can list it as new in box and risk maybe getting a POd buyer who might leave neg feedback. Of course if it can be repackaged so no one can tell it's been used you might be ok with listing it as brand new.

And don't sell it to Monica. I'll give you a buck seventy five. Way more than her! See, the bidding has started already.

Look Mommy, there's an airplane up in the sky.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Pioneer Member

I'd buy it, but it's a Pearl :)
Old 06-29-2009, 06:39 AM

Last try of $275 shipped before it goes to ebay.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superporpoise View Post
When people buy stuff they don't usually think of how much the other party is losing. If I felt that strongly about it, I would've paid $400 for my hi hats instead of $177 that they offered me. Although they probably got them for less.

Paiste 15" 2oo2 SD hi hats
Old 06-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Is the Pedal really all the talk they say it is though? I played it at Guitar Center and really it didnt seem that big of a price difference.