DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 AM

Default Chris Tsagakis

Hey guys, new to the forum. I tried searching for chris tsagakis to see what people thought of him, but I could not find anything. He is also not on the main page, so I am sorry if we are not supposed to create a thread about him.
Anyway, Tsagakis is the drummer for the Rx Bandits. They started out as a third wave ska band, (think reel big fish) and then morphed into a really proggressive rock band with horns. There new album Mandala comes out this summer, and they have completely shed their ska roots. C-Gak is one of the best drummers I have ever heard, and definitely one of the best out there right now. He does a lot of sweeping between the hi hat and snare and has really interesting beats and fills. Another cool thing is that he uses a four piece kit with a crash, ride and hi hats, a departure from the huge kits we often see now-adays.

Cool drumming tracks-
Dinna Dawg (and the Inevitable Onset of Lunacy) - the album the Resignation, -
-In Her Drawer from the album ..And the Battle Begun.

he is also the drummer for The Sound of Animals Fighting, a art-rock side project with some of RXB and Anthony Green of Circa Surive.