DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 AM

Default Need help choosing my next pair of sticks!

Hey yall, I need help choosing my next pair of sticks because well..... I cracked 2 pairs playing heavy metal on my acoustic then broke them when playing at church. This is ironic, both pairs were zildjian which I love but I can't keep wasting big money (and big money is above $15 for a pair of "high quality" sticks) on sticks that keep braking on me. what company should I buy sticks from next??? or should I stick to my buying of EXEPENSIVE zildjian????
Old 05-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Need help choosing my next pair of sticks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastdrummagirl View Post
Hey yall, I need help choosing my next pair of sticks because well..... I cracked 2 pairs playing heavy metal on my acoustic then broke them when playing at church. This is ironic, both pairs were zildjian which I love but I can't keep wasting big money (and big money is above $15 for a pair of "high quality" sticks) on sticks that keep braking on me. what company should I buy sticks from next??? or should I stick to my buying of EXEPENSIVE zildjian????
Let me get this straight: You're paying over 15 dollars for a single pair of Zildjian drumsticks?! I hate to say it, but you're getting robbed blind! Zildjian does not make good quality drumsticks. Check out what other companies have to offer. Your best bets IMO are Vater, Vic Firth, or Regal Tip. Pro-Mark has some good stick designs, but like Zildjian their quality control is very poor (warped sticks, mismatched pairs, etc.). You didn't mention what model you use, but since you seem to play heavier music I would suggest getting a pair of 5B's and seeing how they feel. If you want more power, upgrade to a 2B or "Rock" model. Also, if you're a chronic stick-breaker you might want to re-evaluate your technique. It's possible to get a big sound out of the drums and cymbals without hitting them too hard. Once again, this is all just my opinion, but I hope it's helpful.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter in the Dark View Post
Let me get this straight: You're paying over 15 dollars for a single pair of Zildjian drumsticks?! I hate to say it, but you're getting robbed blind! Zildjian does not make good quality drumsticks. Check out what other companies have to offer. Your best bets IMO are Vater, Vic Firth, or Regal Tip. Pro-Mark has some good stick designs, but like Zildjian their quality control is very poor (warped sticks, mismatched pairs, etc.). You didn't mention what model you use, but since you seem to play heavier music I would suggest getting a pair of 5B's and seeing how they feel. If you want more power, upgrade to a 2B or "Rock" model. Also, if you're a chronic stick-breaker you might want to re-evaluate your technique. It's possible to get a big sound out of the drums and cymbals without hitting them too hard. Once again, this is all just my opinion, but I hope it's helpful.
I always bought zildjian at Guitar center which over prices EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I kinda realized that. Well, when playing metal, the crash is almost always the main cymbal(s) used! Am I right??? I have a couple of Pro-Marks which I am very pleased with.I have had Vic Firth but I have never used them on my set. I have EXTREMELY small hands so I use like a 7B and I love small tips!!! and thanks for your opinion!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastdrummagirl View Post
I always bought zildjian at Guitar center which over prices EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I kinda realized that. Well, when playing metal, the crash is almost always the main cymbal(s) used! Am I right??? I have a couple of Pro-Marks which I am very pleased with.I have had Vic Firth but I have never used them on my set. I have EXTREMELY small hands so I use like a 7B and I love small tips!!! and thanks for your opinion!
you should order some sticks from online. Usually always cheaper.

i recently found a cool pair from Aquarian, called Power-sleeves.

they're basically sticks with nylon wrapped around the tip and center of the stick. I definitely be surprised if you managed to break these lol.

the smallest they have is 5A, and they're patented so you're not going to find any other sticks like this. About 9 dollars w/o shipping, but you're not going to have to buy another pair for a while (if ever)

http://store.timbosdrumshop.com/shop...px?itemid=2355

good luck with whatever! if you want some indestructible sticks, there you go lol
Old 05-22-2009, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafrothunder View Post
you should order some sticks from online. Usually always cheaper.

i recently found a cool pair from Aquarian, called Power-sleeves.

they're basically sticks with nylon wrapped around the tip and center of the stick. I definitely be surprised if you managed to break these lol.

the smallest they have is 5A, and they're patented so you're not going to find any other sticks like this. About 9 dollars w/o shipping, but you're not going to have to buy another pair for a while (if ever)

http://store.timbosdrumshop.com/shop...px?itemid=2355

good luck with whatever! if you want some indestructible sticks, there you go lol
thanks but i really don't think I would be able to use 5A!!!! but let me check that out
Old 06-20-2009, 07:42 AM

hey dude

high quality hand sticks can be found with us for just $5 a pair
they are fully customizable from end to end. there are a few different woods
to choose from.... wait...what? found your favorite stick?!?!?!? damn thought you had us,
we can clone them sh&*s and they would still be $5 a pair

check it out

look for the customshop link

www.customdrumstix.BIZ