DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-18-2009, 10:39 PM

Default will the v-rack be any good for me??

Hey drummers out there i need ur help again ;)
In the last months my kit was growin quite a lot and i still plan on expanding it. And at somepoint i got problems with my setup. I cant realize my dream setup at this point.
I know that there will be a way to get my dream set up workin just with stands, but i figuered that it would be much easier to handle if i would get a rack.

At the moment i have 3 crashes, 1 hihat, 1 ride, 1 china and 1 splash together with a sonor 3001 kit (bass, 2 tomtoms and 1 floor tom), i also have an agogobell and a tambourin.
In the near future i plan on gettin a second floor tom, the mike portnoy splash set (3 splashes) and then most likely a 2nd hihat and a 2nd snare.
I read most of the rack or stand threads of this forum and i have to say that i really wanna go for a rack now, i think its time.

My dream setup is quite similar to the setup of daniel adair(or of the user "naigewron" ;) )

So i checked out the different racks available and the prices.

- the yamaha hex rack looks amazing to me, but i dont wanna spend that much money if i can get a similar rack for less money
- the pearl seems to be really sturdy and good quality but i dont really like the look
- the gibraltar curved rack with 1 or 2 side extansions seems to be quite what i am lookin for
- the gibraltar v-rack looks a little bit weird, but i think it actually does make sense with the ergonomics (at least in theory ;) )

at the moment i am tending towards the v-rack, but there are not many reviews in this forum?! what do you think?
or should i go for something completly different??

Looking forward to your answers.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:34 AM

Default Re: will the v-rack be any good for me??

I have a Straight Gibraltar rack with side extensions on each side.

I love it. Had it for about 4 years now. I actually bought mine used on ebay. I dont know about the other style racks but the Gibraltar is very versatile in its setup possibilities.

When moving, setup is quick. I pull the Toms and cymbals off. I leave all the tom mounts and cymbal arms exactly where they are on the rack and move it in one or 2 pieces. When I go to reinstall, set the rack, 1minute, hang toms and cymbals. Good to go. And the setup is identical everytime.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:04 PM

Default Re: will the v-rack be any good for me??

I had a gibraltar v rack for years and loved it...(Ijust recently downsized my set to get back to the basics)....It worked great, very versitile. the only big thing that i modified was that i cut the 2 main upright posts down about 8"....so i could position my ride coming out of the upright...
Attached Images